~Table of Contents~

Part A: Introduction
    Part B: Mesos
    Part C: Armor
    Part D: Training
    Part E: Additional Information
    Part F: Thanks and Credits

PART A: INTRODUCTION

What is Maplestory? Why is Maplestory created? Find out yourself as you play. Well let me tell you, you may encounter many problems on your way to glory. These problems may cause stress and a ‘quitting’ feeling. This is the perfect guide for you to solve these problems. All information is based on my experience in mapling. Remember one thing, patience is success! Be positive!

PART B: MESOS

This is one common mapling problem. Managing mesos is an important element in the life of Maplestory. No mesos, no fun. That’s the law! Here are some ways to maintain your mesos:

• If you have numerous collectibles (Slime bubble, Wool, etc.), sell them. They earn you money.
    • If you are armed with armor, weapons and potions, go fight monsters. They give you both experience and mesos. One move, two gets!
    • This way is not highly rated: Gachapon, because it needs cash. Sell what you get from Gachapon.
    • This way is not highly rated: 2X Mesos Coupon, because it needs cash. Gives you 2X mesos you get from monsters.
    • Try to use normal attack as much as you can, because it saves Mana, which saves potions, that saves mesos.
    • Try not to take taxi rides as much as possible. Walk instead.
    • When you buy things, try to get the cheapest best alternative. Saves a lot!

There may be other ways. Be creative! Invent them yourself!

PART C: ARMOR

It’s hard to train when you do not wear armor. You must get armor. Get those that are cheap if you do not have enough mesos. If mesos is tight, follow Part B. If you have a lot of mesos, cruise around for equipments that have stats higher than usual, and buy them. If not, just ask around for cheap ones. Here are common places where people sell:

• Free Market
    • Kerning City Party Quest Spot (Near Lakelis)
    • Henesys Hunting Ground 1
    • Ludibrium Party Quest Spot (After 101 Storey)

As long as it’s a place with many people, there will be some good armor available. So far the best cruising spot is the Free Market (and maybe always – *duh*!).

PART D: TRAINING

This is the most important aspect in the field of mapling. Training and leveling is the main objective in Maplestory. Common problems are, being kill-and-stealed (KS), and these problems are treated with the wrong solution and will eventually cause riots, mass defame and even banning.

Well if you are ever to be asked to change channel (CC), or called a KSer, to prevent problems from occurring, either change channel or go to another place to train.

Going to other places to train? Don’t fret. Here’s a list of alternatives:

Common training places Alternatives
    Pig Beach Rainforest (East Henesys)
    Henesys Hunting Ground 1 Henesys Hunting Ground 2/3
    Land Of Wild Boar Perion Dungeon Entrance
    Slime Tree Dungeon Hill East Of Henesys

Suit yourself to your daily practices and you will succeed in the field of training. Also, read skill builds. It helps.

PART E: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Another problem is called the TT (Trade Trick). It’s a bit like an old woman’s money getting pissed off by a man with a “Magic Stone”. Well, I experienced TT before and lost quite a sum of money. The conversation in the Trade Window goes like this:

Stranger: You want to copy item?
    You: What’s that?
    Stranger: It means I can double you items.
    You: Wow! What must I do now?
    Stranger: Put things on your trade list.
    You: Ok… done. What’s next?
    Stranger: Wait till I type COPY, then you press trade.
    You: Ok… quick.
    Stranger: COPY
    You: (Pressed Trade)
    Stranger: (Pressed trade and left)

Don’t be too gullible. Think THRICE before you do something that costs your sweat, blood and time.

PART F: THANKS AND CREDITS

All thanks to www.Hidden-Street.net and Maplestory for the inspiration to write this guide. It seems like it suits beginners instead of professionals.

Writer: Me
    Information: Me
    Authorization: Me

Everything also me, because it’s my guide.

I am xScorcherz, playing Aquila in MapleSEA. PM me if there’s any problems. I’m always your counselor.

~:)THE END:)~

Quote Originally Posted by vivoboi38 View Post
    It seems like it suits beginners instead of professionals.
    Agreed, and I'm guessing that's the reason why you've put this in the Perma Beginner section. The reality though, is that the people in this forum are often actually more 'pro' than elsewhere if you must use that word. Perma Beginners are characters that never ever get a job advancement, and so levelling is pretty hard and people with these chars tend to know what they're doing.

Maybe post stuff like this in Hunting ground instead. Don't repost it though, just wait for a mod to move it...

Phantom Watch

Kinda vague, but a pretty good guide overall!
    ^_^

**** */2 <--- 4.5 stars [rounded up to 5] for you.

Here's mine!It's a lot shorter too.^^
    1st step:Stop being so freaking competitive!
    2nd step: Make some friends!!!
    3rd step:Help people...
    ex-Bootes Player, RIP my stuff and characters
    KradiaGlobal
    KradianAngel/Cleric!/4X(active)
    Project Abandoned May be revived with another account

This looks like a normal guide. How come it's in the "PERMANENT Beginner" section?
    Guess who's back!
    4kuHe1 - PA Spearman | virginity - Noblesse

Beginner

Lol nice guide there, hope it can get useful for all of teh classes :p
    Bellocan Server----

Raizan89 --- Lv 66 spearman (Retired)
    Darkllbi --- Lv 71 Assassin (Retired)
    ReflexDit --- LV 37 Rogue (Hyperactive)