Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *upgraded* Hidden Street

Hamburger

I have to say I really, really, really dont like the new layout.

The sidebars are nice, finding items and getting around the site is better(but not always) but the way the items, equipments, weapons etc are displayed is a far cry from the old database.

I love the old layout. Like where the weapons are that has all the types listed and then you can click on Claw or Pole Arm or whatever. Plus I really liked the way all the old items were displayed with the name, stats, etc all there in their own box.

The old version is much simpler and nicer than the current layout that has a long list with numbers in long columns that gets confusing if you cant see the top of the page with what the columns are.

is much nicer, has more info and is easier to read than

Keep the old layout please, or give me an option to keep it. :)

And by the way, if you want to search the old site just use Google: "<keyword> site:global.hidden-street.net". So after all searching was possible on the old site.

Quote Originally Posted by Drea View Post
    when I open up a sidebar (for the rest of the menu on it to open) I have some problems getting it to stay open. Can't explain very well... I try to run my mouse along to keep it open but a lot of the time it closes..
    I have this same problem at home (it was fine at work). After mousing over, say, Monsters, the sidebars pop up with the levels, but if I try to mouse over them, they close (this is for every category). The only way I can get to those pages is to click on the main button (ie "Monsters") and then use the linked list from that page. (I can't think of anything different regarding the actual computer or system between my office/home comps.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Plus I really liked the way all the old items were displayed with the name, stats, etc all there in their own box.
    At least there is a lot less scrolling between weapons now? Comparing them by stats is MUCH easier the new way.

Oh, also, will the "Effective Status" and "Non-Effective Status" be where it is shown if a monster is freeze-able and such? The monsters I looked at were just blank there, so I wasn't sure.

I, for one, like the new layout. Of course people resist change and it takes a little getting used to. The only thing I prefer about some of the other db MS sites (and this is a little thing) is that monster drops are shown as images instead of links.
    I am perma warned!

Not really liking how the quests are now. Takes a lot more effort to figure out WHERE to get the quest, WHAT to get for the quest, WHERE to get the items for the quest etc etc.

First of all, a big thank you to all of you who did give feedbacks and suggestions on the new site :)

We do agree that there are certain give and take to this new site: Old layout provides information in a more convenient way, new site's navigation is way much faster and better, new site's navigation bar can be hard to navigate for some Maplers, and so on. We did take down what it should be done in order to display our information in a more convenient way.

And yeah, as for those who had difficulty in navigating the menu, you can simple click the main category of the link (For e.g. General, Equipments, etc) and it will display a tree menu as the navigation. I apologize for not mentioning earlier on the site.

However, I'm more concern about the time to load a page on this site. I'm not sure whether it is slow for you guys compared to the old site. Definitely it will be slower than the old site, as having a connection and calling data from database do take more resource of the server and thus slowing down the loading speed.

Some of you might be wondering where the guides went too... It still under construction, where we will be doing another sub-site for guides, where we would be able to maintain quality guides, I hope. And as for affliates, no worries... We will put it up as soon as possible too.

That's all for now. I'll be working on the site here instead of the server and it will be up soon for running.

Thanks once again, and Happy Mapling. And keep those feedbacks and suggestions coming in! :)

Yep it is a lot slower. Once I'm in the site it seems okay but to load the main page is a lot lot slower.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud3z View Post
    However, I'm more concern about the time to load a page on this site. I'm not sure whether it is slow for you guys compared to the old site. Definitely it will be slower than the old site, as having a connection and calling data from database do take more resource of the server and thus slowing down the loading speed.
    I, for one, have not noticed a difference worth mentioning in loading time for pages (other than bringing up the site initially), but I do have a fast connection.
    I am perma warned!

Beginner

Looks kinda odd, but the search engine rocks, but too bad some of the old one's advertisements are gone to null, even the new one.

Slime

Umm... I didn't really like the way the quests are organized~ I think it's easier if the quests are categorized according to Victoria Island, Ossyria, Masteria, etc. like the old Hidden-Street layout, or the levels are seperated in some way on each of the pages. As well, where it lists the items needed for the quest, it'd be better to put the number instead of later in the instructions.
    Otherwise, I just preferred the old color scheme- something about the color is bothering me but I can't really tell what it is =)

Good job on the upgraded Hidden-Street, sorry if my opinions have already been said, and best wishes to get it fully updated!!
    <Insert an interesting figment of your imagination here>

click here if you're bored =)

I agree with the topic starter. I don't particularly like the way the new site is set out. Is it me, or is the monster chart a bit cramp?

I, however, do like the search engine.
    God! Why the hell did I have the same signature for so long? I don't even play Maple anymore. =.=

Play for a worthy cause.