Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: THIS is why religion is ass

I don't understand people that put religion before life either, but does that mean they are wrong? We both probably don't understand this because religion is so unimportant in our eyes. (Emphasis on "our".)

Quote Originally Posted by CountessZero View Post
    I think the doctors should have intravened and saved her.
    Yeah, but can you really save someone that doesn't want to be saved?

On the other hand, if the doctors saved her against her will, then it's the doctors that opposed god, not her, and then she wouldn't have gone to hell, but the doctors would. That would - ironicly - probably be alright for her. Hmm.

Anyway, I still choose the Buddhist's view - everything is as it should be. Saves you from worrying to much about everything "wrong" in the world.
    I gave up Maple in exchange for an active sex and social life.

She left her children without a mother and effectively forced doctors to break their oath. All because she couldn't let her beliefs slide for one second.

That is selfish. Really selfish. I couldn't do that. If this was in America I'd just be like 'eh' but cuz it's Britain it really made me go WTF?

Stupid woman.
    Why do you care for this woman's stupidity? If she is really dumb let her be.

What makes this so special? All religious person dating back from before "Jesus" was born, were all brainwashed. And they were all stupid, for the most part.
    Gone with the wind

Dont you have a friend who believes in god? Its probably a lie if you said no.

Countess - Well I don't necessarily think there's something wrong with dying for your beliefs if it saves others, for instance. In a situation where some kid was going to be run over by a car, would you choose your own self-preservation? I'd like to think that I would not. Because it would be my belief that the child was innocent and deserved the chance to live longer. And this also trivializes soldiers who die in wars (current one not included) and situations where people stand up for a greater cause.

Square - It's just the pointlessness of it. You have to think beyond yourself to the people you'll leave behind. If her faith is so important to her, can't she consider the possibility that her children will be against the faith that took their mother away, thus (in her eyes) condemning her own children to hell?

Quote Originally Posted by square View Post
    I don't understand people that put religion before life either, but does that mean they are wrong? We both probably don't understand this because religion is so unimportant in our eyes. (Emphasis on "our".)

Yeah, but can you really save someone that doesn't want to be saved?

On the other hand, if the doctors saved her against her will, then it's the doctors that opposed god, not her, and then she wouldn't have gone to hell, but the doctors would. That would - ironicly - probably be alright for her. Hmm.

Anyway, I still choose the Buddhist's view - everything is as it should be. Saves you from worrying to much about everything "wrong" in the world.
    But what if doctor was athiest?

From the taking your own life perspective, "The Crucible" had the best quote I could think of pertaining to this...

"It could be possible that God condemns one who throws away his own life, more than a sinner"

Who gives a ****, there is a time and place for religion, and it's not in life or death decisions.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    What makes this so special? All religious person dating back from before "Jesus" was born, were all brainwashed. And they were all stupid, for the most part.
    The same religions exist now (Judaism, paganism etc) so are the people who follow them still stupid? I'd say that modern Christians are more stupid, eg the jehovahs witnesses, because they're not worshipping God, they're just blindly doing what their told. That ain't worship.

Mind you I'm one of these earth energy types, I believe in like ley lines and crystal healing and whatnot. Which makes me mental but not stupid because I don't go into forests and dance round naked.

And Uly, I walk past people that have fallen down in the street, no way would I chuck myself in front of a car for some kid that probably shouldn't have run into the road in the first place. His fault not mine. Why should i die because the little tard decided not to look before he crossed?
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

See, now that's smart yet religious thinking. Which is rare, and yet my main point was towards today's christians, who are the stupidest by far, and are very annoying, their stupidity,and falling back to "God's Word" for anything they can't explain...
    Gone with the wind

And Uly, I walk past people that have fallen down in the street, no way would I chuck myself in front of a car for some kid that probably shouldn't have run into the road in the first place. His fault not mine. Why should i die because the little tard decided not to look before he crossed?
    Because people, especially children, make mistakes. I really do at least *try* to put others above myself. I'm not religious but I believe in doing no harm while I'm here. I'm not exactly 100% on my positive actions, but that kid has their whole life ahead of them and might be someone important someday.