Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So wait, let me get this straight...

Quote Originally Posted by Ctatyk View Post
    If you don't like it, continue whining about it not being fair that I'm an adult and I have some disposable income that I don't mind spending on something that interests me.
    That isn't the part that's not fair, if you read my post :)
    Of course some little kids might be thinking that, but they're just kids so let them be. The points i'm raising don't involve the "no fair you have money and i don't" issue.

I personally think that additions to the game like TCG make MS more interesting and more enjoyable to play.

Prices of items are ALWAYS going down, so if you bought that 10atk WG years ago, its worth a lot less now. When Leafre comes out, alot of the lvl 80-100 equips and weapons will be worth less because they will be easier to get once they drop from monsters other then like, Zakum or Pianus.

IMO, the only way Nexon could preserve the price of items is to NEVER add any additions to the game, which is a terrible idea. People would lose interest in the game fast.

And you could always buy your way to richness, either with Gapachon tickets or now, potentially with TCG codes.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Whendoom, you're always so helpful. Thanks!
    They majorly changed the stats on those weapons. I wonder if that was on purpose, to build up hype early on, or a response to the 'itsnotfair' outcry.

I know I read somewhere about there being card only maps and monsters. Any information anywhere on that? Or does anyone know? I'm chomping at the bit to get off work. :(
    I am perma warned!

I can understand your frustration with a person being able to "buy" their way to success. I personally am not too keen on spending my hard earned on things that have no actual value. It doesn't really bother me that people can buy their way to success either... Ultimately, people play a game because its fun (the idea of fun being relative to each person). So honestly, if the game is not fun because some people can opt out of hours of work with some real money in your eyes... then that is definitely a valid opinion. Unfortunately, I don't see this as a poison that will eventually kill the player base of GMS.

As for the game's name of Global... I can't really explain that one well either. Wizet had some reasoning behind it that I read awhile back, and it did make sense when it first opened up... but now that their is a Europe MS and such... I can see that reasoning. But I don't see how this ties into the availability to buy pre-paid cards or other real store bought items. Like all things, as they can make contracts with chains, these things may eventually become available elsewhere. I understand your grief and respect your opinion on this topic osayidan, but I disagree in the outcome.

As for the statement "prices are always going Down". That would be incorrect... to state an example, over a year ago 60% Glove Atk scrolls were around 1.65m a piece, and a 10atk WG could be purchased for 50mil. About 11-10 months ago (before I took a leave of absense), the prices of the scrolls shot up drastically, and a 10atk WG could be easily sold for 70-75mil. Upon my return... this same glove will only sell for a meager 18-20mil. The prices fluctuate in all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctatyk View Post
    I'll be buying the cards to check out the mechanics of the game play and also for the codes. If you don't like it, continue whining about it not being fair that I'm an adult and I have some disposable income that I don't mind spending on something that interests me.
    I think that's pretty much completely wrong in terms of why people are against them.

My point for example is that it's one more step towards Nexon just selling items, mesos and levels. Gacha was the first step - with people only able to get certain items (without paying over the odds in mesos) by basically betting online (I'm sure this can't be 100% legal - there has to be some grey area surrounding this), and these new card games are pretty much the same thing, but extending it to real world items.

I haven't read up on these cards, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I am assuming you buy packs of them and some cards have numbers which randomly help you get the items? I don't see how this thinly-veiled betting is anything but ethically wrong, considering the cards are quite obviously aimed at the Pokemon generation.

Like I said, it's put us 1 step closer to Nexon just selling items and mesos outright. Next year you'll be walking into 7-11 to buy your LV70 gear, and buying pots from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    I haven't read up on these cards, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I am assuming you buy packs of them and some cards have numbers which randomly help you get the items? I don't see how this thinly-veiled betting is anything but ethically wrong, considering the cards are quite obviously aimed at the Pokemon generation.
    That is how it works. Every pack has at least one card with a code.

The entire game is aimed at the Pokemon generation and I don't understand how this differs at all from gacha?

I will continue to be baffled at why money-making promotions are so shocking and upsetting to players. Almost every single company in the world operates this way. Get people interested in your product with promotion, hope they like it and want to keep it, and then begin offering things that increase your revenue. This is the way of business. How many 'free samples' have you tried? Yes, the game is advertised as free and always being free. It is.

Think about it this way: when you joined, you liked what you saw and that it was free and you enjoyed it. Well, every single thing that was available to you for free then still is. So, you've lost nothing. What you have done is gain more free things, just not every single thing for free. WHY DO YOU EXPECT MORE?

I am frustrated today because not a single of the advertised retailers in a 25mile radius has a clue to what I'm asking about, much less have any in store. We tried 5 GameStops, 2 Wal-Marts and a Target. I ended up ordering them online, but it annoys me to pay shipping. Today was the advertised release date, yet not a single retailer has them.
    I am perma warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    I am frustrated today because not a single of the advertised retailers in a 25mile radius has a clue to what I'm asking about, much less have any in store. We tried 5 GameStops, 2 Wal-Marts and a Target. I ended up ordering them online, but it annoys me to pay shipping. Today was the advertised release date, yet not a single retailer has them.
    it'll probably take a couple of days to ship to all locations, and make sure it isn't one of those "at participating retailers only" things.

Quote Originally Posted by osayidan View Post
    it'll probably take a couple of days to ship to all locations, and make sure it isn't one of those "at participating retailers only" things.
    I expected them to have them already shipped and ready for sale on release date... like games are. Silly me, this is Nexon. Keeping to a schedule is just a suggestion.

I'm pretty disappointed they dropped the stats of the Crystal Leaf Earrings from MAtt +15 to MAtt +3. Helluva difference. Makes my scrolled Fallen Leaf Earrings a better choice.

As for the 'rare pet', I thought it would actually be a new animal. Again, I'm so silly. It's just a recolored Bunny or a recolored Husky (so far, at least).
    I am perma warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed they dropped the stats of the Crystal Leaf Earrings from MAtt +15 to MAtt +3. Helluva difference. Makes my scrolled Fallen Leaf Earrings a better choice.

As for the 'rare pet', I thought it would actually be a new animal. Again, I'm so silly. It's just a recolored Bunny or a recolored Husky (so far, at least).
    Did Nexon really nerf the stats from +15 matk to +3 matk? Booo... That's so unfair. :eek: Looks like I'll have to stick to my FL earrings as well. =/

@ the recolored pets- a lot of "new" items are just the old items recolored, so I wasn't very surprised. *points at Maple Lama Staff, Nocturnal Staff, Evil Wings Staff*... Same deal with minor changes.

>>BasilMarket moderator ;)