Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Feedback regarding the new Hidden-street

Beginner
    The land of the Governator aka California

Hamburger

I'm also a supporter of the old Hidden Street (HS) - it was much easier to browse. When I'm using HS, I'm either doing a large comparison or looking for a specific item/monster/whatever; either way, it's easier with the old HS. Browsing on the new site, it's impossible to browse. There is only information on one page for any given item/monster, and vice versa.

Looking for a specific monster on the old HS, I could click once on a 10-level segment of the monsters and use Firefox's find tool to find whatever I wanted. If I didn't know the location of what I was looking for, I could just google (no quotes) "[query] site:hidden-street.net" and find it. While that's possible within HS now, it's so slow that going to google and loading several of their pages is faster than HS's search.

Far and away my biggest gripe is the speed. Browsing HS on Cable (6Mb/384Kb) or T3 (4.5Mb/4.5Mb) feels like I'm on a 56.6 kbps modem. And the problem isn't the rendering, either: I'm running a 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo with 2 gigs of RAM.

In short, I intensely dislike the new HS compared to the old HS. I might jump ship to Basil, too, if the site doesn't speed up at all.

Edit: And I can't figure out the navigation. There seem to be no page markers on the monster pages even though there is clearly more than one page... (e.g. http://global.hidden-street.net/?q=l...rs/Level+41-50 - it only displays monsters up to level 46. Where's the Jr. Yeti?)

Hamburger

personally, i say the old version is much better and easier to find. the new version made things a little more complicated and hard to find. especailly the LONG list of stuff on the left hand side. i like the old one bettwe

Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Large thank you to osayidan for /noobing me and pointing out I locked the wrong topic.

Now to find the one I did mean to lock..
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

I liked the first beta one.

heh. as the old saying goes, newer isnt always better and it shows in this case. the other one was faster to load (imo) easy to read and not long drawn on the page. rechanging the layout when it was already good was a bad idea.

Gotta love the simplicity in the old layout.

I'm glad all of you still love the old layout. We will probably fix the old layout to look better (For e.g., apply the expand/collapse menu for the sidebar).

Anyway, this thread will be closed. Thanks to all who had provided us feedbacks on the new site previously :)