Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New HS is not good? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New HS is not good?

The new site could save some time, actually, bcuz if you're laggy, you dont have to w8 so friggin long 4 each page xD
    I think the new site is pretty good :P
    Buth ppl are right about the item comparison thing...
    If you're interested in StrMages, then please visit http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1276967

The new site is ok but just put the old features back such as Element Weakness List and Guides and fix a few mistakes such as the level 30 white magician hat in the glove area.

I have to agree with others. Use the old Hidden-Street database layout, and add a search function. It'll make searching the database easier while appealing to the majority.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zisbik View Post
    Is there any chance of you keeping the look and the format of the old Hidden-Street and making a search function for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedisbar View Post
    Get the old html up.

Take the site you have now, make it work on the old design so the upgrade is all behind the scenes.

Put new site up that looks exactly the same with a new search box.
    Quote Originally Posted by J&JBros View Post
    I have to agree with others. Use the old Hidden-Street database layout, and add a search function. It'll make searching the database easier while appealing to the majority.
    Self explanatory.

Shield

The old hidden-street is A THOUSAND TIMES easier to navigate than the new one..... please revert it back to teh oldz onez .. plxzorz :D

I don't understand why people don't like it. I find the old layout boring and stale, now that I've been using for some time. The only problems I had with the new site were a few bugs, which could be easily fixed if not fixed already (haven't checked in awhile) and not necessary to revert to an old layout.

People just like to complain, I guess.

EDIT: If anything, how about keep both layouts, and let a user define his preference in a user control panel, or by cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptdaemon View Post
    I don't understand why people don't like it. I find the old layout boring and stale, now that I've been using for some time. The only problems I had with the new site were a few bugs, which could be easily fixed if not fixed already (haven't checked in awhile) and not necessary to revert to an old layout.

People just like to complain, I guess.
    wrong.... we dont like to complain, just stating the truth.... the old ones is much more organized and easier to navigate... QFT....

Default I kind of like it

I like the new layout , it just needed to be compacted a bit to require less scroll / page tabbing. The old one was good too (except the lack of search) so thats cool too.
    Have you edit your wiki? http://hswindia.wikispaces.com/ WTF are you waiting for?

Beginner

Hamburger

Just some comment here~

I think the old HS is better cuz its not so completcated n more easy to see all information of certain item, etc:monster information,equidment information..

I hope can switch back to the old 1~ ty

anyway every1 haf diffrent comment...juz my comment...

Beginner

Default Awwww

There are alot of features I like in the new site, but some big frustrations about it also. The biggest frustration is I liked having the full information for items - say lvl 70 topware - all on one page so I could compare them and decide which one best fit my needs - but I dont need all the levels at once (frustration in the old site). I think the new version is an excellent start - but as with all software requires modifications to fit user needs. Is there any way to have both sites available at the same time? One as "old" and other as "Beta"? At least until improvements can be introduced and people get used to the new look and feel.

I think throwing out all your hard work would be a mistake. There are some fantastic needed improvements here. Perhaps some simple modifications could help.