Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom User titles

Quote Originally Posted by OebanForsa View Post
    don't diss the catchphrase, bitch.
    Oh, did someone pop your overinflated ego?

ONTOPIC:
    Setting your own title would be interesting, but it destroys the whole point of the rankings - to signify the seniority of the user, and give new members a general idea of who to trust. I have seen other forums where users can set their own title, but they always have some additional ranking. Some forums use stars (kinda like in the military) under the self-defined ranking to show seniority.
    So if users are given the ability to set their titles, I believe that some other system of the sort would best be implemented.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Maybe they could do things sort of according to posts but not directly applied to number of posts like:

1-300 posts = default titles
    300-600 posts = chosen titles, 1 week before you can change them
    600-1000 posts = choses title, 3 days between changes
    1000+ posts = chosen titles, change available every 24 hours

or make more groups or something. I dunno if this would work as there are many lurkers around the forum that don't post much but have been around a long time. i think this would work as only people that have been here and contributed to the forum can choose their own user title. Even better, put in on how many months a user has been here so it stop people spamming to get to 300 posts and change their user titles. Iono just making discussion :)

iELO - Level 3x Brawler...we'll see.

I got a brilliant idea. For all those that are assigned to the "banned" group, change the group name to "This user is now chatting in Basil Market". How about that?

I'll just call myself "banned". And I'll remove my avatar and sig to make it look real.

Banned

Or a title, then mushmom under it.

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    I'll just call myself "banned". And I'll remove my avatar and sig to make it look real.
    Isn't that what you did in MF (maple Fantasia) I thought it was real, I was like " D: what the..."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Isn't that what you did in MF (maple Fantasia) I thought it was real, I was like " D: what the..."

Nah, didn't look real enough. Or maybe it did. No one that posted in MF has been banned yet, so we can't tell.

Whoo-hoo! Reality!

mushmom? mine is the bestest rank! hoohooohahaahah
    Items for sale, click, bid or auto-win!

Goals
    Level to 60 | Level to 70 & become CB | Get a Zhelm

Whoever puts "Banned" or "Administrator" under their name, needs a check on their originality.