Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I ask for is a little notice...

Default All I ask for is a little notice...

So I had car troubles Thursday, and it couldn't be fixed till Friday night.

I had been on my way to go shopping after my last final on Thursday, when suddenly I was unable to turn the steering wheel, the car was making a strange noise, the battery said it was going and the car started to overheat. So instead I went home, complaining about how I couldn't get my shopping done when I wanted to.

Friday goes by, I'm stranded here, car didn't get fixed till like 8 at night, but no one even bothered to tell me that, or I at least could have went and got something done.

So just now I get a call from my father. "You're coming over with us to you grandmothers and setting up her new computer, get ready."

Excuse me?

So I tell him that I have plans that were pushed back because he couldn't get the car fixed, or even let me take his car.

I ask him couldn't it wait, until like, say 3 days from now when we're over her house for xmas?

"Oh, but we're not having xmas at your grandmother's we're having it at your aunts"

He tells me that my shopping could wait. Hello? Its 3 days before xmas, and he just bothered to tell me that we're going over my aunts(different one) on the 23'rd, so that blows that day. The computer can sit in its box for another few days. Theres nothing wrong at all with the computer she has already, I just reformatted it a couple months ago and it was working good as new.

The way I see it is...

Thurday:Shot
    Friday: Shot
    Saturday: Yay free
    Sunday: Family crap
    Monday: Family crap
    Tuesday: Family crap

But now they want to turn Saturday into more family crap.

My dad then makes a lovely suggestion. "Why don't you just do your shopping now and meet us there at 7?"

Ya, that would work, except for the fact that its already 3 oclock, by the time I get out of here it will be 4:30(cause I haven't had anything to eat at all yet), get to the mall that is 30 mins away(because the mall near here is crap selection wise), get to the store in the mall that I want to buy the stuff at, wait in line, get to another store, wait in line there. Get out, traffic, drive 30 minutes back (its probably already 7 ish then) Get to another store and buy stuff I need to get for my parents. And thats if I can even find what I'm looking for.

My parents don't seem to realize that I don't work like they do. When I make plans I like to stick with them, and when other people want me to do something, I like to know in advance, so I can adjust accordingly.

No matter how many times I tell them, they don't bother to tell me when anythings happening. They keep it till themselves till last minute. Take for example this last thanksgiving. Noone told me anything, so I was working under the assumption that it was at my grandmothers at 2 like it always has been. So when I get a knock on the wall at 10, I shrug it off and go back to sleep for another hour and a half. I get up, go downstairs to grab a glass of water, and am greeted with " YOU AREN'T EVEN READY YET? LUNCH IS AT YOUR AUNTS IN A HALF HOUR (noon)"

Whats even worse are the non-holidays. On my dads side of the family some of my cousins don't come around here often, and its seemingly random when they stop in. Do my parents think I have esp? That I magically know when all this family crap is happening? So an hour before we're supposed to be there "Are you ready yet?" Ready for what I ask "Lunch at your aunts in an hour, your cousin Ann-Marie is up with the baby"

So I drop everything I'm doing. And I'm sick of it. I don't know how many times I've complained to them about not telling me this stuff, how many times I've asked them to at least give me 24 hours notice. And not just to tell me that we're doing something, to tell me where and when it is happening, since they love to leave those parts out.

Of coarse what should I expect, I tell them exactly where I'm going, what I'm doing, and how long I should be out. And what do they do? They freak out when I don't answer the phone once, go looking all over for me, and say that they called the cops. I give them a schedule of my classes, right on the refrigerator, simplified for their convenience, and yet they still ask me EVERY SINGLE DAY what class I have tomorrow and what time I have to be there, and what time I'm getting out.

And it simply amazes me that they need me to come set up this computer. Its from Wal-mart. All of the wires are color coded to the slot they need to go in. But they didn't bother to ask me before they went and got the computer, if its a good computer or not. The piece of crap has Vista. The second I saw it I told them it was a piece of crap and to take it back, and get one with XP or get a downgrade for it. "Oh, you don't know what you're talking about, its new so its obviously better" Not only did I tell them it was crap, so did my bf. With their infinitesimal knowledge of computers, they can pick one out, but can't figure out "the blue wire goes in the blue hole, the red wire goes in the red hole", when given a map to do so as well.

GAHHHHHH *kicks parents*

Yikes. Luckily my family is computer-literate enough to set up a computer and I live in a different town so I'm not expected to help with that stuff. However, my mom DOES do that to me too.

I was going to a wedding and didn't know what church it was in and I'm driving around this town calling everyone and no one would answer. Finally I had to call my dad who wasn't even going and was at work. Him: "Why didn't you call your mom???" =.=

Thanksgiving was messed up here, too. Fortunately I didn't have to be there early, but we usually go to my dad's sister's house and then to my mom's parent's house later. This year (because my grandmother died, I guess?) we spent the whole day at my mom's side instead, but she never bothered to tell me or my sister that beforehand.

At least you apparently live in the same house and can ask. I have to rely on *possibly* getting a one-line email telling me what's going on at any given time. Mine aren't quite as bad as yours, but if they were they'd find me telling them "no" all the time. They never had very good control over me, though. ;)

Crimson Balrog

I hate it when people think something is supposed to work like it is in their minds. Also, it pisses me off when they expect you to do like, 10 things at once though they can't.

Mushmom

Sound like my mom when one of my relatives need help with a pc.

Mom: Your aunts pc isnt working and i told them you would go check it today.
    Me: Ok mom. *Hangs up, calls aunt* " Hi aunt, i cant make it today i am pretty busy doing some personal stuff maybe i come over tomorrow."
    Aunt: Ok just call me when you can come by.
    Me: I will.

Now i have the time to keep what i have already scheduled for the day.

Hehe, my mom wanted me to show up an hour and a half before I thought I needed to Christmas Eve, but didn't bother to tell me. Didn't happen.

And they got my grandpa a computer with Vista on it. I was setting it up, but then I go, "Oh...Vista. And you've only got a gig of RAM..." I asked my cousin's husband to come teach him instead, because he's an IT guy of some sort (I've never touched Vista), but he doesn't use Vista either. I'm hoping I don't receive a lot of questions that I probably can't answer.

Well, at least my dad's good with computers so we just leave most of the computer problems to him.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Yeah that kinda sucks but if you have a car and everthing why don't you have a credit card
    It's called Online shopping might of heard of it unless the mail was crapped

what kon thinks when looking at RE
    Kon. says:
    there is leon shaving uuuh saving her
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/
    please help me grow
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/ind

Spoiler!

At least that shows your parents care about you. And sicne you're a girl they might be a little bit paranoid. It's just a gender thing, nothing personal.

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun

Yeah, that sucks. My parents do the same thing to me... I moved all my plans out of the way because my mom said we were going to get together on Friday, and then it ended up being Thursday instead. =.= At least I got to do what I wanted to do with my bf on Friday...

But the worst one was when my dad never told me that his longtime gf from Oklahoma was moving in with him. I figured it out when she asked me where she could find a secure internet connection to apply for her Florida nursing license. >>; I mean, I don't live at home anymore, but coming home for Christmas to find a woman you've barely met, and not being sure if she was just visiting for a month or actually moving in, is kinda stressful. Plus when I say "barely met", I mean it... The first time I found out she was a nurse was when she asked me about getting her license. I mean, geez. The only other stuff I know about her is that she makes great German chocolate cake and she has the same birthday as my sister. o__o;

So hopefully my tale of parent non-communication made you feel better...? Heh. Parents are like that. It sucks. =( And then they freak when I don't tell them what my test grades were the moment I get them. (I'm in college, so it's confidential unless I start failing.) Go figure...
    Spoiler!

Your mom has no problems being with your dad's ex-girlfriend in the same building?

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun