Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
A Marauder's Tale - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Marauder's Tale

wow i like this fanfic. keep this up because i want to read more.XD

Nice thing, I'll take a registration slot.

Name: Cery Rothen
    Level: 70
    Job: Chief Bandit
    Side: You can choose it. If not, evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Nice thing, I'll take a registration slot.

Name: Cery Rothen
    Level: 70
    Job: Chief Bandit
    Side: You can choose it. If not, evil.
    Description? How should I add him in?
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Rofl, I wanted to edit something in after reading once again. Nice you're on, Ivan.

Cery's age is 28. He just got his third job. When he was a kid, he stole things from others because he was homeless after his 4th birthday. He even stole things from Reika and Raistan. When he was 16 years old, he became a bandit and worked for an assassin. He isn't liked by many people and addicted to violence.

Chapter 3: The Calm Before The Storm

When I woke up the next morning, I found myself sleeping with my face in the sofa's comfortable armrest and my hips bunched up high in the air. Ralstan was sleeping beside me on a chair. I felt myself blush as I straightened myself. The only reason I didn't want to sleep on Ralstan's bed was because I was scared I might toss and turn around and mess it up. When I slept on something comfortable, I would toss and turn in my sleep, but that wasn't the case if I slept on something hard like a tree branch. Also the reason why I never shared beds with anyone. When Ralstan and I had shared beds when we were kids, I had unknowingly kicked him off the bed a lot of times. Once, Ralstan hadn't woken up when I kicked him off, and the very first thing that happened the next morning, I had gotten off the bed and stepped on him, with my right foot stepping on his mouth and waking him up, yelling. I chuckled lightly as I remembered that one. It had remained my clearest memory when I was travelling.

I got up myself and peeked out of the window. It was raining, which was rather unusual in Perion's usually hot climate. Hardly any people were out at this time of the day, which Ralstan's wall clock showed was 6 am. I was used to waking up early, and sometimes I had even gotten insomniac, staying awake for the whole night, usually resulting in me getting panda eyes the next morning. Ralstan was stirring as I slowly walked over to his sofa and sat down. "Morning." I smiled at him. "Morning......" He moaned sleepily and got up, rubbing his eyes.

AN: Yay for jokes. Heheh.

Breakfast consisted of hot cocoa and a few pieces of buttered bread. Ralstan's salary was modest, as he was a teacher for a nearby Warrior school. He left for work later, showing me his wardrobe and asking me to wear whatever I liked. I nodded and picked a cotton shirt and pants as he gave me some money for new clothes. His clothes fit me almost perfectly, as we were almost the same height and size. I lounged around his house for an hour or so, checking everything out. His bookshelf contained only one or two storybooks lying on the top, and both were rather dusty. I dusted one and read the barely discernible title. "Legacy Of The Ancients......" I mumbled, setting it back on the shelf and getting up.

AN: Reference to my first two fanfics. Nice way to put 'em in, eh? XD

I put on my cloak and opened the door, walking out. I wasn't used to Perion's streets, so I simply walked around trying to find the market alone. Ever since the demon attack 23 years ago, my personality had changed from bright and cheerful to cold and heartless. Of course, it only changed because I thought Ralstan was dead. Even now, I didn't socialize well, and rarely spoke. Eventually, I found a tailor's shop and walked in with my hands in my pockets, proceeding to examine the clothes. However, a commotion from the direction of the counter drew my attention and I sneaked a peek at the source. There were about 4 men grouped around the counter. Each and every one of them was armed with daggers or guns and appeared to be threatening the short guy manning the counter. The poor guy was cowering in a corner, looking really scared. "Give us the money now!" The tallest and most muscular of the group aimed his gun at the tailor. "Bu...but... I don't have it!" He protested. "Just hand it over now!" Another muscleman yelled. "None of my business......" I thought, setting my eyes on a long brown coat with tails. Something was nagging at my heart though, and I turned to look at the bandits.

I walked slowly towards the rear of the bandits and pretended to look at a long green skirt that would suit me perfectly. One of the shorter bandits noticed me and started smiling. "Hey boss, why don't we take her as payment?" He remarked, trying to grope me. I reached behind me and grabbed his hand, pressing my thumb deep into his wrist painfully. He screamed, and that got the other's attention. I let the guy go, his right hand was already useless. I had broken the bastard's wrist. "What the......" The leader gasped. "Leo, you okay?" One of the group kneeled down to check the guy whose wrist I had just broken. "Argh....... My hand......" The shorty grabbed his useless hand with his other hand. "Boss, let's get her!" The muscleman lunged for my neck. I bent down, kicking my right foot at the ground behind me and sending it flying into the guy's face. Another swing of my legs caught the other guy that had tried to help the one that I had injured off guard, sweeping him off the ground. That done, I jumped over the leader's head, clamping his neck between both my legs and hitchhiking on the back of the suffocating bastard. "Get out." I said coldly, pressing my legs tighter. "Okay..... okay...!" The leader yelled, completely missing his opportunity to fall on me. What an idiot. I let myself down, dusting myself down. "We'll get you for this!" The group ran out of the shop, cursing and making faces at me. I thought the leader looked slightly familiar......

The tailor was so happy to get the gang off him that he told me to take anything I wanted from his shop. I nodded and picked up the long coat I had set my eyes on earlier along with the long green skirt and a brown sleeveless shirt, leaving with everything in a plastic bag. "Hey wait, aren't you......" He called after me. I turned back. "One of my cousins lives in a nearby village. He sent a letter to me saying his village was saved from a bunch of demons by a long brown-haired woman wearing a cloak and using a bow. Are you... the Marauder?" He asked. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not." I replied, leaving with a swish of my cloak. I only managed to get myself lost again, and several hours later, I sat down on a bench, tired. It was almost evening and the sun was setting. I was sitting on a fence near what looked like an abandoned building, with a school nearby. Suddenly, something was poked into my back, and I whirled around just in time to see the face of the previous gang's leader's face before collapsing from the effects of the serum that I had been injected with.

"Reika, wake up." Someone said in a wheezy voice. I rubbed my eyes and got up, looking around. I was in what looked like an abandoned house, and Ralstan was standing beside me. I was lying on the ground with my head in his arms. "Where.... am I...?" I mumbled. "I was just walking out of the school when I saw those clowns dragging you off. You looked like you had gotten drunk, so I followed behind. When they tried to cut your clothes off, I jumped in and knocked them unconscious." Ralstan explained, helping me up. I spotted the unconscious bodies of the gang lying on the ground. However, the second person to catch my attention that minute was none other than the leader. "Hey...... Isn't that..." I stared at him. "Rothen. Cery Rothen. Remember him now?" My brother walked over to the body of the guy and kicked him over. "Stop faking it." He muttered. "The kid that was always trying to steal our stuff when we were little?" I asked. He nodded as Cery opened his eyes and crawled backwards into a wall. "Long time no see, Rothen. I've been meaning to kick your ass for a very long time......" Ralstan cracked his knuckles, smiling devilishly. "Hey...... Vega...... Please don't......" Cery gave Ralstan the puppy eyes treatment. He didn't buy it. Cery had stolen a lot of our stuff in the past, including my favourite teddy bear, which he had almost thrown into the river if it hadn't been for Ralstan.

Ralstan took his spear from the latch behind his back, pointing it at Cery. "No one steals our stuff or tries to rape my sister and gets away with it!" Ralstan yelled, thrusting his spear at Cery's chest. He cowered in fear, but I knew Ralstan wouldn't kill him. His spear curved off aside, sticking into the wall under his armpit. "He's not worth our time. Let's go, Reika." He withdrew his spear, latching it back onto his back and grabbing my hand. I followed behind him even as Cery got up, regarding me with his most venomous look. "Look at this then." I picked up a rock and threw it at him. It missed because he chose that moment to dash forwards and wrap an arm around my neck. I barely had enough time to draw breath. "Reika!" Ralstan turned around and took his spear out again. "Get out of here and I won't kill her. Come any closer and I'll kill her!" Cery yelled. He was insane! "Ral...stan..." I moaned, reaching a hand out. He kept his spear out. "Don't...... bother...... ab...out... me..." I squeaked, grabbing Cery's hand with mine. I didn't have the strength to try and pull it off, but there WAS something I could do. Namely, this. I opened my mouth and bit his arm. He yelled and let me go. "-because I can get myself free!" I continued, regaining my composure and sending a kick flying into the bastard's face.

By the time I was finished with the guy, he was nothing more than a crybaby cowering in a corner with bruises and cuts all over him. Even Ralstan couldn't stop me exacting payback on what he had tried to do to me. Let's just say I knuckled him in the leg, poked his ribs and punched his face until he became a panda. An abused panda, at that. "Let's go. He's just wasting my... ow." I wobbled slightly and collapsed. "Careful there, you're still a bit woozy." Ralstan helped me up, shooting a glare at Cery cowering in a corner. "He's not worth our time." I sighed as Ralstan put me on his back and walked off. To my surprise, his house was only a few minutes away from the area, and he soon had me on the sofa resting. I had remembered to bring the clothes I had received from the tailor, and walked into the bathroom to change into my new clothes with my hands on the walls for support. First, I took off Ralstan's own clothes, admiring my own body as I slipped on the brown shirt. It fit me like a glove, although it was a little too broad across the chest, though that was probably because of me, and the skirt fit snugly. The coat could wait until I was back to travelling again.

I walked out to show Ralstan my new clothes and handed him back his own. "You look nice." He smiled. "Thanks." I returned his smile. "Back then...... You almost seemed like a different person..." He sighed, helping me onto the sofa. I looked at the ground glumly. "Well...... I started changing after that demon attack that separated us. Revenge almost became my only reason for living." I pressed the tips of my index fingers together. "I became a cold and heartless Marauder, seeking revenge for my supposedly dead brother." I added. "But I'm not dead." Ralstan patted me on the back. "Yes, so I'm kind of confused about my real goal in life now......" I stared at the floor. "Just fight the demons. It's all you can do to help the state the world's currently in." He smiled. "I guess so......" I mumbled.

Can I register to a cameo part also ...

Name: Cel Holyheart
    Sex: Male
    Job: Bishop
    Level: 125
    Side: Bad
    Specialty: Bahamut and Genesis, ehhh, door !!! hahahaha.

Description: An middle age man, with unkept long hair. Look thin and aged (hmmm cool looking). The evil bishop who help to open the dimensional gate to allow the monster to teleport in. Seems to feel the world is at fault for some past personal tragedies.

Memories ...

Kon already bagged the first slot, you'll have to wait for the next time I reopen registration.

Follow the format I used to describe the main characters here. For examples, look at the end of the first post.

Edit: Yes, you need a surname.

From the name of 4th job Reika and "Legacy of the Ancients"...

Is Reika Ares' and Artemis' child? Or descendant?

Neither. It's a completely new one, not a sequel.

Jr. Necki

Thanks Kira, i really do like the way your writing the fanfic it s kinda like a day then sleep its like the characters daily life and struggels

Thumbs up 10/10 so far.

Dang just missed out in registration lol