Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A Marauder's Tale

Same here but I said that i wanted to be in one of his in LotA so I do hope he remeberd XD

what kon thinks when looking at RE
    Kon. says:
    there is leon shaving uuuh saving her
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/
    please help me grow
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/ind

Spoiler!

Chapter 4: The Beginning

The next morning, I woke up with my legs hanging over the edge of the sofa and my head upside down. "Not again......" I moaned, getting up. I was wearing the clothes from the tailor I had saved yesterday, and my skirt had turned inside-out when I shifted my legs, much to my chagrin. I quickly straightened it out just in time, as Ralstan walked downstairs yawning. "Good morning." He mumbled, heading to the kitchen. "Morning." I replied, picking up my long coat, putting it on and buttoning it up. The cloak joined the 2 layers of clothing around me. "Well, Ralstan, I guess I should be going now." I sighed, opening the door. "So fast? You can't go alone!" Ralstan protested from the kitchen, running out with a cup of cocoa in his hands. "I've been travelling alone for the past 10 years." I said in a cold tone, then realized what I had just said and turned around. "Sorry...... I'm just too used to talking to people like that..." I walked back into the house. Ralstan's fist was shaking. "Reika...... Sometimes I feel as if I don't even know you..." He sighed. "A lot of things happened when we were separated..." I explained, then realized I wasn't doing much to help. "I'm sorry......" I blinked a tear away and ran out the door.

I walked out of the city gates, looking back on Perion. "Ralstan......" I slammed my fist into the wall. "Why am I so stupid!? He's my brother......" I moaned, falling to my knees and sobbing gently. Suddenly, a cloud of dust rose up all around me, and I barely had time to draw breath before being swallowed into the ground.

When I woke up again, I was in an expansive room with multiple stone statues lining the sides. Not only that, the lone statue in the middle of the room looked like a huge demon with three horns on the head. I gasped. "I'm in deep trouble." I groaned as two of the statues came alive and grabbed my arms, stopping me from moving. Kicking them didn't even scratch their petrified skin. Suddenly, the demon statue in the middle of the room reached out a hand, grabbing my head. I passed out.

*Ralstan's PoV*

I managed to catch up with Reika before the dust cloud rose around her, but I jumped in after a few seconds of hesitation. "I really did it this time......" I moaned, dropping into an expansive room. There was a large demon statue in the middle of the room, and it's hand was on Reika's head. I drew my spear and jumped towards the statue, but Reika suddenly turned around, blocking my attack for the statue with her dagger. "What!?" I gasped. Reika's eyes were black, and so was her hair and bow. Even her dagger's ruby crust was emitting an ominous black glow. All the statues in the room disappeared, leaving both of us to fight alone. Or rather, let me get pummeled. I couldn't hurt my own sister, even if she was being controlled! Her dark side was really showing now. "Reika!" I yelled. She ignored me and drew her bow, launching two quick shots at me. I dived aside in time, but she had anticipated my move and was in front of me with her dagger out. "Graah!" I ducked the swipe and tried to punch her in the stomach. She dodged it by dashing aside in the air and came at me again. "Stop it, Reika! I'm sorry!" I shouted. Again, she ignored me. Whatever magic was controlling her, it was really strong.

Suddenly, I spotted a tear leaking out of her right eye, and her movements slowed dramatically. She still had some control over herself, and I quickly dashed behind her, jabbing a finger at the nerve cluster at the base of her neck. She then passed out, and her weapons and hair reverted to normal. "At least I got here in time......" I breathed, grabbing a piece of paper from my rear pocket and scrawling a symbol on it. "SEAL!" I roared, placing the paper on Reika's head. The entire paper turned black, and I burnt it with a fire spell. A demon howl resonated through the air, and Reika got up. "What did I......" She stared at her open hands. "Don't run off alone like that." I advised, hugging her tightly. She started crying into my chest. "Are you okay now?" I asked. She nodded, still crying. "I'm sorry about what I said earlier..." I quickly apologized. "No...... I should be... the one... apologizing..." Reika cried. "Just promise that you won't show me the side that I just fought. Cold and heartless isn't the personality I want for my sister." I smiled. She nodded violently, and her hair covered my face. "But...... I'm used to..." She mumbled. "You can show your other side to the demons or people we may fight. Just don't give me that attitude." I patted her on the back gently. She finally stopped crying.

I ran to the wall of the cave, poking my spear at spots in the wall. I found a place that sounded hollow and blasted a hole through the wall with a focused Dragon Roar. "We have a way out." I announced. Reika was still weak from being possessed, so I had to carry her again. "Sorry about this..." She moaned. "It's okay. If you start travelling again, I'll be going with you." I smiled. "Really?" She asked. I nodded. "My family's more important than my job." I chuckled, opening the door of my house and setting Reika down on the sofa. She instantly fell asleep. "I swear, I will protect you, even if it means losing my life." I swore, staring at her sleeping form. I had lost her, thrice already. I didn't intend to lose her a fourth time. I took a seat on a separate sofa. No way I wanted to get kicked onto the floor by Reika, I had enough experience of sharing beds with her already.

*Reika's PoV*

When I woke up, Ralstan was sleeping on a sofa opposite me, and again, my hips were bunched up in the air. "Why do I keep waking up like this?" I mumbled, getting up. My coat was folded up neatly, lying on a side table, and I walked over to Ralstan and kneeled down. "Bro, if there was one person I'd be willing to die for, It'd be you." I smiled, planting a kiss on his cheek. He stirred slightly, but didn't wake up. I glanced at the kitchen and strolled in, taking a look around. He didn't have much in the way of appliances, and he pretty much only had a toaster, an oven, and a refrigerator along with cabinets lining the walls. I opened one and was immediately appalled. "When did he get addicted to instant food? It's unhealthy." I groaned.

Even though I didn't like instant food, I cooked up two packets of curry noodles for both of us and brought them to the living room in two bowls. "Do I smell curry noodles?" Ralstan's cheerful voice rang through the air. I smiled and set down a bowl in front of him. "Thanks." He grabbed a pair of chopsticks that I had placed on the bowl and started slurping the noodles in. "I've been meaning to discuss something with you." I sat down beside him and started eating my noodles. "What?" Ralstan looked at me with a few strands of noodles dangling from his mouth. I couldn't resist laughing as he quickly sucked them in. "Okay...... I've been doing some research during my travels, and I figured out that the demon realm is supposed to be several dimensions away. The world's dimensions are arranged in the form of a long rope. Think of each section as a separate dimension. We're on one side of the rope, and the Demon Realm is on the opposite end. 100 dimensions, 98 controlled by demons." I sighed. Ralstan nearly exhaled his noodles out of his nose. "WHAT!? 98 dimensions under demon control!?" He gasped. "I got it from the Magician's 4th job master. She's been studying the time-space continuum for several years now." I traced a line in the air.

"We're in the second dimension that's not under demon control, and the dimension behind us...... We're the final wall separating the demons from the last dimension on the chain. The last world's also supposed to be capable of fighting back, but nothing that's not magical can kill demons. They only have conventional weapons like guns, even bombs. They also have giant robots, like the ones in Omega Sector. I know because there's a few places where the dimensional barriers are really weakened, and it's possible to walk out of this dimension into that one or even peek in. In fact, there's one of those wormholes right behind your house." I said. Right at that moment, there was a loud bang from behind the house, accompanied by a flash of bright light. "What the hell......" I got up and ran to the back of the house, flinging the door open. "What happened?" Ralstan followed behind. "We have visitors." I quickly grabbed my Dragon Shinebow and nocked an arrow to the string, pointing it at the 'visitors'.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

If u can read this then u are too close 2 ur com

A quick question, do u get ur ideas frm real life experience, or do you just make it up in ur head.

No nid to answer if u don't want to, i was just curious.
    Are kids the only ones who want to have fun?? People should learn to relaxxx!!!!!!.....zzzzzzz

Yet here i am, still a noob amongst the pros.

Stop me if you've heard this one, Courage is the resistance to fear, mastery of fear. Not the absence of fear...

He gets his idea's from Anie, right Kira?

what kon thinks when looking at RE
    Kon. says:
    there is leon shaving uuuh saving her
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/
    please help me grow
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/ind

Spoiler!

He gets his inspiration everywhere, but mostly anime he watches.

Off-topic: Lol at "Timboektoe" and "Qubeck".

Mostly anime, some from my thoughts.

Chapter done!

Chapter 5: Dimension Jumpers

There were two visitors. One was a young woman with long red hair and the other was a man, rather young too. The woman was wearing a brown coat and pants with a pistol's holster on her side. She was also rather short. The man was taller in comparison to his companion, and was wearing a gentleman's suit. His companion had her gun out and pointed at me. "Who're you?" I asked. The woman stared at me for a few moments, then replied, "I suppose that's my line."

I sighed, lowering my bow. At least she had proper manners, and didn't shoot first. Even if she did, I was capable of either blocking or dodging bullets. "Before you answer my question, where are we?" The woman looked around, surprised. "Judging by the fact that you've just appeared from the dimensional wormhole, you're in another dimension." I reached my hand out to help her up. She blinked. "And I thought aliens didn't exist." She groaned, accepting my hand. "Oh, we're not aliens, I can assure you that." Ralstan piqued. "Okay okay, I get the picture. Anyway, I need to get him somewhere safe. Who knows if they'll come after him......" She quickly carried her companion into the house with Ralstan's help. "Who's they?" I mumbled, taking a peek through the distorted space in front of a nearby tree. "Oh." I mumbled and quickly fell back, picking up my bow again.

Another flash of light later, a couple of surprised people wearing black suits tumbled out of the wormhole. All of them were wearing sunglasses and had pistols out. "Hello there, I wouldn't suppose you're looking for a young woman and a man?" I asked, plastering a fake smile on my face. Although, it was really more of a lemon-sucking grimace. "How did you know?" One of them asked. "Because you're going back where you came from, and you won't find her." I smiled devilishly, sending the bunch of them flying back into the wormhole with a quick kick to their waists. One managed to block my kick though, and I punched him in the groin, feeling my fist crush the soft organ there. He keeled over and I kicked him in. On the other side, I heard someone yell, "SHE'S CRAAAAZZZZYYYY!!!" It sounded like it was getting fainter too. Another quick peek in showed that the wormhole was hanging in the air under a suspension bridge, and the people I had just dispatched were falling into the water underneath. "Oooh, that's gotta hurt." I winced as several loud splashes sounded from below. Come to think of it, how did those two earlier get here? Were they climbing under the bridge or something?

I ran back into the house to check on the two visitors. Ralstan had the unconscious man on his sofa. "I sent your 'buddies' flying into the water by the way." I said, taking a seat on the floor. "Buddies? Oh." The woman smiled. "My name's Yoko Ritona. I'm a private bodyguard for that guy over there. Hired, actually." She indicated the man on the sofa. "Who's he?" I asked. "Xander Bong. A millionaire, at least in the world where we came from. I suggest you stay away from him." Yoko said. "Why?" I stared at the guy's face. Yoko looked around cautiously, then whispered in my ear, "He's a womanizer."

Right after that, Xander woke up. "Eugh!" I took a few steps back. "Where am......I?" He moaned, looking around. When he noticed he was in a place foreign to him, he shrank behind Yoko, hugging her tightly. Unfortunately, his hands were resting on a rather...... "PERVERT!!!" Yoko burst out, clenching her hands into fists and pummeling the living crap out of the guy. I quickly intervened before she could shoot him with a rather large gun she had just produced from behind her back. "Aren't you his bodyguard? You're supposed to be the one protecting him, not the one trying to kill him." I said, biting down my laughing instinct. She blinked. "Oh yeah, nearly lost myself there......" She blushed."

"What's with the big gun anyway?" I asked, eyeing Yoko's gun. "This? Oh, it's a high-powered sniper rifle. Powered by electricity, so it can shoot just about anything that fits in the barrel. I wish I could shoot the guy behind you out of it though." She grunted, staring behind me. I felt a pair of hands on my buttocks. "I change my mind about letting him go." I whirled around, bringing out my bow and aiming an arrow at Xander. "Can I borrow one?" Yoko smiled, taking an arrow from my quiver and opening a latch on her rifle's barrel, sliding the arrow in. "Be my guest." I said. Ralstan was watching all of this with an amused expression on his face.

When we were done with the ex-millionaire, he resembled nothing more than a hamster cowering in a corner with a couple of arrows stuck in the wall around him. "It's been a while since I had that much fun!" Yoko laughed, sinking into a sofa. "Me too." I smiled, then noticed I was actually doing it. "Back in my world, I actually live alone, and bodyguard duties can be very boring at times." She sighed. Ralstan was looking in Xander's direction, and he looked surprised. "Something happening to him!" He gasped. Both of us women turned around, weapons at the ready. "Huh?" I stared at Xander. Or rather, what HAD been him. His body was shrinking, and a small curly tail was poking out of his back. His hands and feet had also shrunk and become hamster-like. Actually, he was really a hamster now. "Weird things happen when you cross dimensions." I stared at the innocent-looking hamster on the ground. It squealed and ran behind Ralstan's TV table. I got on my belly and reached behind it, pulling the little guy out by the tail.

"Come to think of it, I do feel a little stronger." Yoko flexed her fingers. A small red spark shot out of her palm and she recoiled slightly. "Mmm, I guess you have a little magic now." I mumbled, dangling Xander in the air by his little tail as he struggled to get free. I moved him closer to my face to examine him, but suddenly he managed to wriggle free and fell right into the neck of my shirt, which was rather wide. "Oh boy......" I whispered. The little hamster started squirming around right in my cleavage. "You gotta be kidding me." Yoko groaned. I quickly reached a hand into my shirt after turning away from Ralstan to pull it out, but he was rather persistent, managing to dodge my hand repeatedly. "Oh, damn it!" I shouted, flinging off my shirt and grabbing the errant hamster in my cleavage, pulling it out forcefully before putting my shirt back on in front of a red-faced Ralstan.

"Gimme that!" Yoko shouted, snatching Xander from my hand and throwing him into the barrel of her rifle. She aimed the rifle at the ground and fired it. A blue flash erupted from the tip of the barrel as the hamster was flung into the ground with a really loud squeal. After the commotion, I picked up the hamster. "I think he passed out." I muttered. "I'd prefer him dead." Yoko scowled. "Aren't you girls kinda overdoing it?" Ralstan asked timidly. "Nope, he deserved it." I chuckled. "I agree!" Yoko laughed. Suddenly, our minor celebration was interrupted by an earthquake that brought the house's roof tumbling down. "What the......" I grabbed Yoko and dashed out of the house's door together with Ralstan. I was holding Xander in my free hand rather unwillingly. "Why am I saving him anyway?" I mumbled absent-mindedly, rolling to a halt outside the house. "Yoko, are you okay?" I asked. She nodded, then got up herself. She had fallen down when I dragged her out of the house. "At least my rifle's okay." She checked her sniper rifle's scope and barrel. It was scratched slightly, but otherwise fine.

"Anyway, I think we just found the source of the earthquake." I said, pointing at a silhouette in the distance. It was huge! "I'll take a look at it." Yoko looked through her rifle's scope, then promptly dropped it. Ralstan managed to catch it before it fell to the ground though. "What the hell...... is that...?" She gasped. "Lemme see that." I snatched her rifle and looked through the scope at the silhouette. "Oh my......" I whispered.

The newcomer was easily 10 stories tall, and had a body encased in metal armour. It had a long tail snaking down from it's back, and it was totally covered in spikes. It sported four arms, each ending in a triple-pointed horn that looked more than capable of easily breaking through tough armour. I handed Yoko her rifle back and sank to the ground. "I can't shoot a demon that far away......" I moaned. "But I can." Yoko took a bullet from her pocket and slotted it into the barrel of her rifle, aiming it at the approaching demon. "Demon, eh?" She mumbled and pulled the trigger.

First to post after Chapter 5. (as you can see, I'm really bored.)

Nice chapter, can't wait for it to be finished

Chapter 6: Titan

Yoko pulled the trigger of her sniper rifle and again, a blue flash was emitted from the tip of the barrel. The bullet shot out, followed by a vortex of wind. She still kept looking into her scope though. Moments later, she let out an excited whoop, which was followed by another earthquake that threw us all to the ground. By now, the ranks of the Warriors had already formed in front of the city gates, but each and every one of them were either trembling, or curled up on the ground praying to the gods. "Useless morons." I scowled, reverting to my heartless side again. I nocked an arrow to my bowstring and let fly. "But you said you can't shoot that far?" Yoko eyed me quizzically. "Shoot the arrow." I said.

Yoko ejected the spent casing of her first shot and loaded another bullet, firing it in the same path as the one my arrow had taken. I quickly took a pair of binoculars from inside my skirt's side pocket and watched both projectiles closely. If Yoko was as skilled as I thought she was, my arrow would hit the demon right in the head. In slow-motion, I watched Yoko's bullet collide with my arrow's shaft and split it slightly before accelerating it right towards the demon. "Yes." I whooped. The projectile collided with the demon's head and went right through. Grayish fluid sprayed out of the hole as the demon keeled over slightly.

However, it wasn't finished. Smoke suddenly burst out of nowhere, enveloping the entire demon in a smokescreen and disrupting the line of sight of any super long-rage attacks. "Bastard." I groaned, pocketing my binoculars and grabbing Yoko. She was on the ground adjusting her weapon's scope and loading a fresh bullet. "You can't see through that!" I sighed. "Can't hurt to try." She mumbled, squeezing the trigger again. This time, nothing happened. "Bad time to run out of power." Yoko groaned and checked her rifle's stock.

Yoko ejected a battery from her rifle's stock and slotted in a new one. "I wouldn't suggest that we go after it now, the thing covered itself in a smokescreen!" I sighed. Yoko's aiming was disrupted by yet another earthquake, but this one was more intense. The city walls even cracked. "Holy sh*t...... YOKO! GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled, grabbing her just as she managed to sling her rifle behind her. A confused Ralstan followed, just in time to dodge the demon that had come bursting out of the ground under us. The female sniper quickly brought out her gun again and sent a cascade of bullets raining down on the demon, albeit rather slowly, as she had to reload after each shot. None of them managed to penetrate the magical shield that was now slowly forming around it. I hopped over rooftops to drop Yoko off further away and quickly returned to go after the demon, firing a couple of Arrow Bombs at it.

"Hey wait, where'd that pervert go to?" I thought aloud. Almost immediately, I felt something small squirming around in my cleavage again. "NOT AGAIN!" I groaned, really exasperated now. The hamster hiding there let out a loud squeak as I hopped around the demon, using the rooftops of buildings as platforms. I couldn't deal with him now, I had more pressing matters on my hands. Namely, the demon wreaking havoc in the city. "Phoenix!" I shouted, holding out my right arm. A flaming bird appeared on my shoulder and flew out to attack the demon. I knew my Phoenix's capabilities better than anyone. All Phoenixes have a special bond with their masters, the Bow Masters, that enable them to share their owner's personalities, and sometimes, even their powers. Mine was only capable of using a small percentage of my powers, namely, an Inferno blast that could be emitted from it's mouth. Most Phoenixes were only capable of melee attacks or a spell that rained fire on their enemies.

My Phoenix was now flying circles around the demon, blasting fire from it's open beak. I joined the attack with a couple of Inferno arrows to the magical shield. None of them had any effect though. Loud gunshots from behind me showed that Yoko was also trying her best, and Ralstan was trying to break through the demon's shield from the ground. The demon was completely ignoring us, instead choosing to level the city. "Isn't there anything we can do!?" I cursed, firing off an exceptionally powerful blazing Inferno arrow that managed to pierce the barrier and hit the demon! "ARGH!" I shrieked as pain tore through my right arm. I lost my footing while landing and collapsed, clutching my injured arm. This time, the demon noticed, and started going after me.

"Why now!?" I cursed, getting up and hopping between rooftops again to dodge the demon's horns. A large gash had opened down the side of my arm, and it was bleeding badly. I didn't remember any old injuries there, so how had I gotten it? I quickly retreated to Yoko's rooftop. She was kneeling on the ground with her sniper rifle pointed at the demon and firing. There was also an electrical cable connecting her rifle's stock to an adapter plugged into a nearby electrical socket. "What happened?" She asked, lowering her rifle. "Don't know, I just shot an arrow then it started hurting and the gash opened up." I winced. "You'd better get that bandaged." Yoko said, returning to her shooting. "Oh yeah, mind taking care of this little guy?" I asked, fishing the errant hamster out of my shirt with my uninjured hand. "Can't, he'd disrupt my shooting if he got into a spot like that." She sighed, ejecting a spent bullet. "Oh never mind......" I pouted, sitting down and retrieving a roll of bandages from one of my coat's pockets and bandaging up the wound, wincing each time it passed over the gash. It felt like Xander the hamster was making a nice home inside my cleavage though. "Next time, I'll put you in a cage." I cracked my knuckles, pulling him out and smashing him into the floor.

"OWWWWWW!!!"