both are fairly equal in production

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyxdude View Post
    bows = speed
    xbows = power
    This couldn't be any more plainer in 4th job
    both are fairly equal in production

Horsey noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :(:(:(

omg, im back. Anyway, after a couple year break from maple I've decided to play again. And im gonna personally say...xbow masters are cooler, just because i like arrow blow and the big numbers. But storm is amazing, way more flashy than the old rebust looking snipe. Yea, everyone says the same thing:
    bowmaster=speed
    xbowmaster=power

Not to mention bowman=sexy =o
    xAxDxAxMx
    Sniper-4/22/07~10:15 a.m.
    http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/imag...ine=1109745665
    funny lookin'

Bowman = more damage also, because of SoA.
    (More attacks + 90% mastery...)
    Also, snipe may do lots of damage, but it's not as good as 9 shots/second.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Also, snipe may do lots of damage, but it's not as good as 9 shots/second.
    On a single monster, which in turn balances the two skills unless you're doing a boss. Every class has weaknesses and strengths that you both need to learn and which make them stronger in some situations than others. No class in the game is the best, no matter what peoples' terrible understanding of math or timing leads them to believe. It is all personal preference, as Nexon/Wizet has done a pretty glorious job of balancing the classes. Good luck, have fun. kthxbai

I don't get how Storm Arrow would be much better than Strafe, except for mobbing against a huge spawn of mobs that you kill in 3 arrows or less, but then if you were xbow master you could take them out faster with Piercing.

Need I say more?

Ok, I will.

170k damage through only the third target. It would break 200k if it were 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlit Azure View Post

Need I say more?

Ok, I will.

170k damage through only the third target. It would break 200k if it were 6.
    Oh lord, how I detest you kids/people/whatever and your horrible understanding of math. Just because you see a big number, doesn't make it the most glorious nor does it mean that character does the most DPS. Let me explain some things so that you can hopefully get your head out of your ass for a second.

Storm of Arrows shots on average 9 arrows/sec. This is at least 900% damage and up to 1800% damage. Now Obviously an xbow master has a higher damage range so this is not directly comparable, hence why the xbow master hits lower on the first few monsters. From the videos I have seen, the snipe skill takes about 3 seconds to boot up. By then, a bow master has probably killed 3 enemies out of a 6 spawn mob depending on the time it takes to kill em. If they're weak enemies, then speed is going to win out completely every time. On tougher enemies, if the bow and xbow master have equivalent gear and levels, the bow master will kill 3 monsters(if it takes em all 9 hits), and the xbow master will then fire their snipe and take out the other 3. Which is better? Again, neither. Get over it.

Please guys, stop making me continue to doubt the intelligence of the MS community. =\

That skill is pierce, its the opposite of iron arrow.

SoA is great for stronger monsters, it has a start up time so monster normally you can 3-hit will be dead before you get the full effect.

I don't know how this is degrading the intelligence of Hidden Street. I have my opinions and you have yours. The skill "snipe" is a single target skill that does 99k damage every shot regardless of everything. I think its you that needs to have a better understanding of the skills.

"That skill is pierce, its the opposite of iron arrow."

Indeed. I've read about this stuff. kthxbai