Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream of Mirror Online

Default Dream of Mirror Online

Now, I know you've seen the banners all over websites.

But its worth mentioning.

Dream of Mirror Online (DoMo) is a mmorpg that has perfect art and a great anime-ish look to it.

Story
    The central story of Dream of Mirror Online revolves around an artifact called the Kunlun mirror. It was created to record and copy everything in the real world, but an unknown event caused it to not work correctly. As a result, the reflection is imperfect and people's "delusions" have become monsters and other creatures when reflected in the mirror world. The many of the twelve Mirror Kings, rulers of the Mirror World, have disappeared and so the remaining Mirror Kings have summoned human beings from the real world (the players) to the Mirror World to help defeat these delusions.
    Races
    New players to the game have their choice of four races, which, in addition to being male or female, provides 8 basic character models to choose from. These include humans, who are described as friendly and of ordinary capability; Shura, who are cat-people described as aggressive and with great physical prowess; Sylph, spirit-like creatures with high knowledge and wisdom but out of touch with their emotions; and Sprites, who are small and childlike in appearance.[10]

Despite the lengthy descriptions and occupation proficiency given for each race on the official website, they do not significantly, if at all, affect the stats of the player. A Sprite, despite their small size, can be just as competent a Mercenary as a Shura of the same level. This is because the races originally had the implied effects (such as Shura being better at physical attributes and Sylph at mental), but this was phased out before the North American version of the game was released, making the differences mostly cosmetic.[11] It also affects certain dialog with NPCs and determines the village new characters start in.
    Professions
    In the Dream of Mirror Online, the job system is similar to that of Final Fantasy XI. Every character starts with the occupation "Commoner" which has no special skills in battle, only skills for increasing efficiency at harvesting raw materials and using alchemy to create new equipment. After reaching level 10 as a commoner, the player can qualify for different jobs by completing appropriate quests, and each new job starts at level 10 with the base stats for that job, regardless of levels in previous jobs. A player may go to an NPC in towns to change to any job for which they are qualified, and levels, attributes, and skill points are recorded separately for each job.
    More information on wikipedia.

Youtube Video
    [YOUTUBE]V0wtquSMvk4[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, you can fly around in DoMo, but Im not exactly sure at what level, but its not a point and click game, it runs on W,A,S,D.

Anyways, its on Open Beta so here is the sites link.

http://domo.aeriagames.com/

Banned

IGN; Drama.

18 thief/13 doctor/14 mercenary/14 musician.

;-;

Also, you can change the WASD thing in the options, so you can point 'n click. EXTREMELY useful for hunters, because attacking with WASD = fail.

You can fly at level 15, after doing a quest. He asks you to kill a "Flying Frog King", which is basically a boss. You kill him, and you get a "flying frog powder". You take this back to him, and he tells you he stole some shoe from a fairy while she was bathing because he loved her, and because of this, she hates him, because apparently, she had to use someone else's shoes for a while. So he asks you to find her, and ask her what she feels about him. You find the fairy, she tells you she hates him, you go back and end the quest. SIMPLE. <__<

Also, what sets this game apart from most 3D MMORPGs, is that you can multi-class. For example, you level to 10, and you job change into a blademaster. You then level the blademaster to 15, and you decide you want to try a different class. You can switch back to commoner(the "beginner" class) and change to another profession. And if you want to change back, you'll resume that class, with the same level/stats/skills.

Also, another Wiki, made by Domocamp, one of the few fansites.

www.domocamp.com/wiki/

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    Also, you can change the WASD thing in the options, so you can point 'n click. EXTREMELY useful for hunters, because attacking with WASD = fail.
    Really?!?

dang, I didn't really like the WASD, Im more of a point and clicker.

Banned

Teh, extra information. Probably un-necessary, but eh.

-Y'know how like, almost every game has some phrase that's commonly used? Like MS, "cc plz" Ghost online, "pt me pls" etc. In DoMO, the phrase commonly used is "The cake is a lie", Chuck Norris things and such, etcotherportalquotes.

-This game is actually in open beta, not closed. Closed, they had more item mall items. Which I liked more. <_<
    -More on emphasis of what I meant by WASD sucking for hunters; when you attack something with a hunter, if you're using WASD, you can't move. If you click 'n move though, you will. It's a glitch that never was really looked into.

-Cup sizes for women make a big difference in this game. Depending on your cup size, you can get a special title. Also, there's an NPC that gives you quests. Usually these quests involve forming a team of 4-6 people, with special requirements. One of them being certain cup sizes.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

haha, doesn't look too bad at all.
    I was looking for an MMORPG game to play. Sometimes playing PvP games all day just frustrates and tires you. I just read the DOMO wiki someone linked to... do I see a pokemon reference here? Eggsploiter? Capturing monsters and having them battle for you?

this game's got tons of features that sound great. Problem is, I'm easily overwhelmed by a lack of focus and such a barrage of features.

I can't return to MS for some social reasons, I would go back to GO but all my friends were on a now hacked-to-death forum, and Trickster... oh the RSI
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    Teh, extra information. Probably un-necessary, but eh.
    -Cup sizes for women make a big difference in this game. Depending on your cup size, you can get a special title. Also, there's an NPC that gives you quests. Usually these quests involve forming a team of 4-6 people, with special requirements. One of them being certain cup sizes.
    DOUBLE POST + QUOTE zomg.

okay, wtf? I smell "sexual discrimination" lawsuit coming up. CUP SIZES?!?!
    seriously, attraction to pixelated jigglers is bad enough in MS where they're virtually non-existant without certain clothes being equipped, but a game that rewards/requires them? Ugh, if that kinda thing would ever come to MS...
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Banned

Well, the people in this game are mature. They don't go "omg nid 2 d size boobs or highr at eldr" or anything. They merely ask for the people, with the qualifications.

Edit: Also, if that wasn't enough, over half of the armor Shura wear, expose some sort of underwear/panty/thong. Except robes, of course.

Wow... just finished watching that movie. I could FLY all day if I wanted to... The amount of detail to which you can fly around and between things is so awesome... a broken roof on a building is still accessible to fly between.

seems like an awesome game. Too bad the system requirements for a graphics card are all the dam GeForce GFX cards, which I don't have, even on my best computer, an Acer laptop that runs Windows Vista with default graphics card.

I love it how its about cup sizes.

right now Im fighting against the clock to finish up a time consuming quest, and the game shuts down in 3 minutes Dx

screenshots coming soon.

EDIT:

Nice pic of me looking at the sun.

Some lunatic event, GMs let a crazy monster on the loose in town square. He later killed everyone one off.

Me finishing some time consuming alchemist quest off before system shuts down.

There was a message later on from the GMs the Monster now controlled the city, since now the Monster killed everyone off in town square :|

Yeah, monster invasion attacks in MS hardly become that threatening in appearance. The only thing I fear in monster invasions in MS are the horrible, horrible lag and the rapid deaths. But rapid deaths are funny to watch while in Dark Sight.
    But holy CARP that thing's big. If I ever play, and that kind of thing EVER happens to me, I'm hopping on my flying sword/stick/fan/broom/dagger/polearm/spear/etc etc and heading out for some flying practice. That or watch from eagle's eye view all the deaths.

I have a mental block about starting a new MMORPG. I just can't bring myself to start... How's the economy? The player community? How's the lag? Can a computer with standard Dell graphics card handle the game?