Thread: Islands

Default Islands

I just want to know until which level it would be better to stay on victoria island and where I should go after and at which level. Cause I'm a lvl 23 bowman and I went to Leafre for the Ellinia magician quest and I died there. (I think I'm a lot too low level to go there.)

Thx

Leafre is for level 70 and up, thats why you died

Quote Originally Posted by andrelavoie View Post
    I just want to know until which level it would be better to stay on victoria island and where I should go after and at which level. Cause I'm a lvl 23 bowman and I went to Leafre for the Ellinia magician quest and I died there. (I think I'm a lot too low level to go there.)

Thx
    Here is what I did. From your current level till 30 (2nd job), I was training at HHG1. Orange Mushrooms and Green Mushrooms sniping from the haystacks.

From 30 onwards, I was a Ant Tunnel in Sleepywood or you could try Wild Boars in Perion.

Once you hit 35 and have a decent Maple Crow (Level 35), head on to Orbis Tower 1st Floor. The first ledge before exiting the tower has a great sniping spot for Jr. Pepes. Good exp and good cash. I sold the fishes to those doing Moppie's quest.

By Level 43, with a good Maple Crossbow and decent Soul Arrow...I was in Ludibrium EOS Tower 94th Floor. There is a screw you can stand and snipe 3-4 Dirty Ratz and one Trixter. If you have a pet and position yourself properly, you will never get hit at all!! Virtually zero pot usage for 70exp per Dirty Rat and 42 per Trixter.

If there are no arrows shot after a while, just look the opposite side and crouch and press the attack button. Resume mindless killing. It's some anti-botting tool. Dirty Ratz drop NPC-able stuff and a few so-so drops. Trixters are the same. Good luck.

Btw, stay away from Leafre until at least Level 80+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    LOL @ children discussing legal matters. That's like your grandparents discussing Pokemon. Auto ban? More like auto phail.

Here is what I did. Some of this might not work out for you as well due to differences in gear and funding as compared to my ranger.

Level 1-10: Stay on Maple Island. I hear they added stumps and such to it, so there is some more stuff there to have fun with. However, killing green/blue snails and doing the quests is still a great way to get to 10 quickly. Leaving Maple Island prematurely can mess with things because you either sit in HHG1 with tons of people coming by, or around Lith Harbour which has a bad spawn.

11-15: Do the Henesys PQ, or for grinding, kill green slimes.

15-20: Go to Japan via the tour guide, and go to the first map via the portal on the farrrr right. It is filled with lots of orange and green mushrooms, along with some blue ones.

21-25: The mushroom place in Jipang might still be good in the start, but later you might want to try out ant tunnel in the first little area with all the horned mushrooms.

25-30: If you play at empty times, rush a lot of Kerning PQs with a good party. If not, then either stay in ant tunnel or venture to a tree in ellinia with horned/green mushrooms in it.

30-35: Go to Ludibrium. There are good quests here at this point, and teddies/pink teddies are glorious EXP(preferably fight in the map to the left of Terrace Hall, as that map tends to be packed yet the one to the left does not, and is still a great map).

35-40: Do some more quests, as they add up the EXP. As for straight grinding, try out panda teddies if teddies/pink teddies is getting too slow. Later on, try out chronos.

41-50: The purple horses in Pendergast Mansion, located in NLC. They have only 2010HP and give 120EXP. This is an amazing EXP/HP rate, and they have a map with great spawn. Work it from the sides for best results.

51-60: Ludi Maze PQ, or grind on straw target dummies. If you do not typically like PQs, I still recommend trying out the maze PQ. It is a lot different, and can help you level very quickly to 60. I did about two levels per day via the PQ.

61-80: For a while, things are going to be failing pretty hard. Now, depending on your gear, you might want to stick to straw target dummies or Maze PQ. However, I was able to rack in 25%/hr killing the hoodoos/voodoos found in Pendergast Mansion in NLC. With 2x, this meant 2 levels in 4 hours. It took me 2-3 hits to kill them using warrior elixers, typically 3, and maybe 1% of the time it took 4. If it takes you 4 hits quite often, you might want to go back to the Maze PQ or Straw Target dummies. Also, straw target dummies map #2 is awesome if someone is at top sharing with you. By 70, you should be ready for voodoos/hoodoos, as a +14 ATT(94 ATT) level 70 bow will only run you around 5mil, which is pocket change compared to most scrolled weapons. If you're doing xbows(keep in mind, crossbow users do NOT get storm of arrows in 4th job), then it should be even cheaper or around the same. If you're doing a rain first build(which I did not do), you might want to listen to a guide for that.

80-90: If you did strafe and 3 puppet first like I did, and have some nice gear, you can probably wrack in some nice % by soloing in squids. I believe rain or eruption-first builds do pirates at this point.

90+: Gobies. You should have around level 22 or so rain/eruption by this point, and gobies will be wonderful EXP. Later I will be making a video about soloing in gobies with a ranger, so you might want to check that out if you ever make it this high. Another good option starting at level 92, is squid parties with a priest and 4 attackers.

I probably went too far, but I am going to recycle this and refine it into a guide later anyway. Good luck. =]

Thx a lot!