Thread: Bow and Crossbow speed

Default Bow and Crossbow speed

I think I read somewhere that bows and crossbows have the same speed until level 30+, at which point the crossbows become slower and the bows are the same speed. So should I skip over Eagle Crow crossbow and get Heckler? I also noticed that Heckler is "fast" speed" while other bows and crossbows are "normal". How does Heckler compare to Eagle Crow, Red Viper and V2K in terms of speed? Does anyone know what those bows' firing rate per minute is?

Just a point to note. Heckler is not the only "Fast" crossbow. There is also the Maple Crow, which adds speed as well. Also, I don't recall a "Slow" xbow. Most are either "Fast" or "Normal" attack speed.

Personally, I've handled both bows and xbows. Not much difference for me. Remember, xbows get Booster as well.

I recall a thread with this exact argument by Julliant(?) comparing the speed of bows and xbows. Here you go. Search FTW!

Julliant:
    http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=24662

ElderDragon:
    http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=23989
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    LOL @ children discussing legal matters. That's like your grandparents discussing Pokemon. Auto ban? More like auto phail.

Can someone tell this "Prince" to stop starting new threads and use the search button?

bolt202/veil225/feint200

The slowness of xbows doesn't come from that attack speed stat, but rather the animation of firing one. A bow is a quick pull back, whereas an xbow requires the little pull the trigger animation deal. Cheers.

Banned

A common mistake is to assume that the "fast","slow","normal" ratings are all unilateral, when in fact they're different for each weapon. A "fast" crossbow will be slower than a "fast" bow. Crossbows are not all that slower, it's just the animation that fools you; sleepywood's done tests and rangers fire 1-2 more strafes than snipers, standing completely still - how many times do you stand completely still for an entire minute ?

Just some food for thought. The Heckler crossbow isn't the only "Fast" crossbow available. Here's where you can find the quickest crossbow. You can also use the Maple Crow to increase your speed. I also don't recall ever seeing a "Slow" xbow. The bulk of attacks have attack speeds of "Fast" or "Normal."

In the past, I've used both bows and xbows. There isn't much of a difference for me. Keep in mind that xbows get Booster as well.

Julliant(?) made a similar point in a conversation about the speed of bows versus xbows. That's all there is to it. Find Everything (FTW)!

Default Bow and Crossbow speed

This is only fodder for thinking. The Heckler isn't the only "Fast" crossbow on the market. Here's where you'll locate the most powerful crossbow. You can also improve your speed by using the Maple Crow. I don't think I've ever seen a "Slow" xbow. The majority of attacks have "Fast" or "Normal" attack speeds. I've used both bows and xbows in the past. For me, there isn't much of a difference. Keep in mind that xbows also receive Booster. In a discussion regarding the speed of bows vs. xbows, Julliant(?) made a similar point. It's as simple as that. FTW (Find Everything)!
    Last edited by jordanchris; 12th February 2022 at 03:59 AM.