Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Guide To Islanders

Phantom Watch

I just recently made an islander on a server that shall remain secret. so far I've just been pumping strength. I know my damage will be very uneven but I'm doing it to see real big numbers. I don't intend for it so be a serious char anyways.

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Just thought I'd say that Maple Hats are untradeable, so the stuff about pricing doesn't reallly matter...

Also, last year, all Maple items dropped from all monsters, so you could get all the hats on Maple Island, including the level 70 one. (Not like it'd be useful...) I've seen an SS of someone getting level 70 Maple Hat from an orange mushroom in HHG.
    ( -_-") That means I have to add two more hats to the guide. Plus, I didn't know that the Hats were untradeable... D=

Quote Originally Posted by Bws2cool View Post
    Yes White Bandanas now drop from slimes. There are about 15-25 already droped. About 1-5 in each server.

Why did you make DEX build look bad??? =[
    If you add like 20 or 25 str then the dmg is realy good.

My lvl 27 islander is a DEX islander :D
    It is a little hard 10-15 then arround 15-20 you get better dmg.
    I made the DEX Islander look bad? Sorry, I'll revise that. DEX Islanders are cool, they're just a pain to level early on.

Btw, If you add 20-25 str, then it becomes a STR/DEX Hybrid, just because you have that STR.

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    I just recently made an islander on a server that shall remain secret. so far I've just been pumping strength. I know my damage will be very uneven but I'm doing it to see real big numbers. I don't intend for it so be a serious char anyways.
    I did this too. Pumping STR is fun, plus the uneven damage really doesn't kick in often. If you use a Rose, the slashes will do the high end of the damage range, and the stabs will do the lower end, overlapping a little.

Plus one of the points of an Islander is to impress noobs by doing 200+ damage, and it's easier to do as a STR Islander =D.
    Not back. Front.

Phantom Watch

thanks for the li'l input there. I don't know how often I'll be on him though. his main purpose is to soak up boredom levels; that is, I have a tendancy to make new characters when I grow bored with maple yet am still addicted.

he may not even be a permanent islander, but thats not to say he'll be leaving anytime soon.

I'm actually like that too. I have dozens of random characters that I don't play often... lol.

Anyways, I'm not adding any of that stuff yet because I was almost done and then my computer refreshed randomly or something and it reset what I had done . D=
    Not back. Front.

You should put the Leather Purse into the weapons section. It drops from Red Snails and Slimes.
    Spoiler!

Marche: It doesn't make sense. Why would bandits steal a thesis?
    Montblanc: Maybe they're nerdy bandits, kupo?

Aha! I knew I was forgetting something... alright, in reality, I wasn't. Thanks for telling me XD.
    Not back. Front.

Banned

Good guide. Too bad it only goes to lvl 48

It's a pity no Islander that will read this guide will ever get past it.

Besides, what more can I say for 48+? There is no weapon that can be equipped, no armor to wear and nowhere else to train past that level (until the lvl 64 Maple Weapons come out), so what can I do?
    Not back. Front.

There is the Maple Snowboard for those level 70+ islanders...:rolleyes:
    But anyways, now that the Trade System has been implemented, islanders can get whatever equips they want, so it doesn't matter that you can't get any more equips on the island.
    Spoiler!

Marche: It doesn't make sense. Why would bandits steal a thesis?
    Montblanc: Maybe they're nerdy bandits, kupo?

Yah. Trade has destroyed Islanders. I have these awesome equips but no motivation to grind because I feel like I would be doing it for nothing.

Also annother bad thing is that... Im a DEX islander so I cant just go off island and be a perm-beginner >_<
    LuklessBlake-50 IslandBlake-35 BlakeTheNub-31
    Join the PermBeginner forums!