Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your computer

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    im running out of hard drive i suppose since the amount of empty free space on the disk defragmenter % is low.

edit: wait isnt RAM like a temporary memory thing that completely wipes itself once the computer is turned off. and starts a new slate when the computer is turned back on?
    RAM is temporary memory.
    HDD space is for the most part permanent.

Defrag % has nothing to do with free space. To check your space right click your C:\, clic Properties and check the pie chart. It should also list free space.

If you have tons of old stuff you no longer want, go on a cleaning spree. Elsewise, get a new HDD. I'd suggest internal, but external is fine, I got a cheap 200GB HDD for 120bucks, now they cost a lot less, like 60~80 for 200GB? You can get internal 500GB HDD Seagate Barrucada 3.0GB/s transfer rate(Very speedy) for only 130bucks~

An important thing to know when you use 2 HDDs is that you should have all programs and your operating system on one disc (C:\), and all of your FILES on a seperate HDD (D:\, E:\, or w/e). It makes your computer run a lot faster ^ ^;
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    An important thing to know when you use 2 HDDs is that you should have all programs and your operating system on one disc (C:\), and all of your FILES on a seperate HDD (D:\, E:\, or w/e). It makes your computer run a lot faster ^ ^;
    sorry if i dont know alot about this stuff. but are you saying you can use both at once? and how?

edit: i checked my free space like you said and it actually turned out to be the same as my defrag % o.O

That's interesting...
    Anyhow, yes you can have 2 at once. You can actually have more than 2 depending on how many ribbon cords you have inside of your computer, or rather ports to connect to them to. If you're not used to working inside your computer, go ahead and buy an external though. The good thing about externals is that it's a very simple swap when/if you get a new computer, or if you have multiple computers.
    Gone with the wind

Hi, how to understand what takes up the most space on my computer. Here I open disk D, for example,but I can't really understand it.

Banned

Hi, there are quite a lot of programs for disk space analyzer. One of these is Dissy. You can find out at any time what takes up the most memory on your computer. For more information, you can check this out. I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrixson View Post
    Hi, how to understand what takes up the most space on my computer. Here I open disk D, for example,but I can't really understand it.
    just delete disk D