Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Troubles

wishing to be back in London, UK! but stuck in NJ

Wait, I"m all confused now - are you two actually an item?

Or is it she is a friend that is a GIRL and you like her and you're trying to bring your friendship to a romantic level of bf/gf?

Or are you two a friends with benefits type of deal - and you want it to be something more meaningful? [REAL emotions involved - bf/gf]

If it IS a FWB type situation....

Please please please GET OUT OF THAT SITUATION!!! That only leads to disaster - as much as people like to talk about how mature they are, and how they can handle a situation like that...

Outcome is always someone getting their feelings hurt - even if it's alil bit.
    lv15x Bishop - Scania GMS

Just ask her. Clear up misconceptions before confusion breeds and everyone gets hurt.

I wonder what will happen when I start dating. Everyone seems to be confused over this and that...

wishing to be back in London, UK! but stuck in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    I wonder what will happen when I start dating. Everyone seems to be confused over this and that...

Awh, dating is FUN! You'll meet so many people and learn things from each one you meet...good AND bad!

If a date goes bad - well you've learned what you DON'T want out of a relationship.

If the date goes good - then you've learned what you DO want.

If the date goes semi good - then you've learned what you CAN live with in a relationship/what you can tolorate/work on with the person.

Always just remember romantic relationships are all about give and take with open communication.....communication being key!
    lv15x Bishop - Scania GMS

Quote Originally Posted by sacredyuja View Post
    Always just remember romantic relationships are all about give and take with open communication.....communication being key!
    communication meaning lots of text messages.

Get a texting plan if you want to start dating

CIS Major at http://www.towson.edu

Ohhhh, you meant shes just a friend and you don't know if she likes you like you do her, I have that exact same problem except mine has BF right now. If shes available definitely go for it because however things are, good or bad you'll always wondering what would have happened, and yes buy something it'll show your affection.

Quote Originally Posted by RookTM View Post
    Ohhhh, you meant shes just a friend and you don't know if she likes you like you do her, I have that exact same problem except mine has BF right now. If shes available definitely go for it because however things are, good or bad you'll always wondering what would have happened, and yes buy something it'll show your affection.
    No no no. If he "goes for it," she will probably not want to see him anymore, even as a friend. If you absolutely must buy her something, buy her something silly and cute that you know she'll like, but don't spend a lot on it.

My latest example:
    My two best friends (very close with BOTH) got divorced. I ended up playing counselor a lot, he called me at all times of the day and night completely insane, she almost killed herself... Obviously it was a messy divorce and very draining on all of their friends and family, not to mention the devastation to they themselves.

Six months later, he tries to ask me out. WHAT?! You don't ask out someone who's friends with both you and your ex. I said no. I wasn't interested in the first place, as he had long been listed as off-limits and I have great self control in that department, so I was never even attracted to him. I've barely seen him since then, as I just...don't want to. It seems awkward being around him. There goes another best friend to your retarded male hormones. </3

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    No no no. If he "goes for it," she will probably not want to see him anymore, even as a friend. If you absolutely must buy her something, buy her something silly and cute that you know she'll like, but don't spend a lot on it.

My latest example:
    My two best friends (very close with BOTH) got divorced. I ended up playing counselor a lot, he called me at all times of the day and night completely insane, she almost killed herself... Obviously it was a messy divorce and very draining on all of their friends and family, not to mention the devastation to they themselves.

Six months later, he tries to ask me out. WHAT?! You don't ask out someone who's friends with both you and your ex. I said no. I wasn't interested in the first place, as he had long been listed as off-limits and I have great self control in that department, so I was never even attracted to him. I've barely seen him since then, as I just...don't want to. It seems awkward being around him. There goes another best friend to your retarded male hormones. </3
    You seem to be of the female gender, can you explain to me why girls feel awkward if a guy asks them out then its weird if your still just friends? Because I feel completely fine afterward getting it off my chest.

You seem to be of the female gender, can you explain to me why girls feel awkward if a guy asks them out then its weird if your still just friends? Because I feel completely fine afterward getting it off my chest.
    Hmm. I just do. *shrug* It partly makes me mad that if I never gave any indication of attraction, guys still feel the need to assume there's one there. I'm not like giggling and touching my hair, batting my eyelashes, getting close and touching, etc. If those things aren't happening, why should you assume you're getting anywhere?

In this particular case, I went to a movie with him afterwards trying to see if I could not feel weird around him (it was never rare, even when married, for us to go to a movie together - his wife also did things alone with male friends and it has nothing to do with the breakup). He kept touching me on the back and things, trying to act like we were really on a date, trying to buy dinner, trying to buy tickets, etc. So you guys might SAY it hasn't changed, but I felt like he was ignoring my rejection or something. Kind of like my agreeing to go out with him meant we were "going out," despite the fact that that's the way we'd always been and I had distinctly told him it would never happen.

Don't tell me you feel the same and act the same afterwards, because I've never seen that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    Hmm. I just do. *shrug* It partly makes me mad that if I never gave any indication of attraction, guys still feel the need to assume there's one there. I'm not like giggling and touching my hair, batting my eyelashes, getting close and touching, etc. If those things aren't happening, why should you assume you're getting anywhere?

In this particular case, I went to a movie with him afterwards trying to see if I could not feel weird around him (it was never rare, even when married, for us to go to a movie together - his wife also did things alone with male friends and it has nothing to do with the breakup). He kept touching me on the back and things, trying to act like we were really on a date, trying to buy dinner, trying to buy tickets, etc. So you guys might SAY it hasn't changed, but I felt like he was ignoring my rejection or something. Kind of like my agreeing to go out with him meant we were "going out," despite the fact that that's the way we'd always been.

Don't tell me you feel the same and act the same afterwards, because I've never seen that happen.
    Well he obviously didn't take rejection in a good way, When I said I felt the same afterward I don't feel the same, I get a burning feeling that I know will never be possible.. but I act the same and do my best to cover those feelings so we can remain friends.

Well he obviously didn't take rejection in a good way, When I said I felt the same afterward I don't feel the same, I get a burning feeling that I know will never be possible.. but I act the same and do my best to cover those feelings so we can remain friends.
    Haha, whoops! You can't cover it because we can read your minds easily. In fact, I do my best to push a guy I'm not interested but friends with away when I see he's starting to think along those lines. I act as coldly as possible while still remaining a friend, and it still never works. I don't feel like I can just say, "Hey, I know you've got the hots for me but it's never going to happen!" because that has the same effect.

We don't want to be around you because we can sense that you're hurt by it, partly.