Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Subforum

Default Gaming Subforum

Since it seems like this forum has a lot of gamers I believe we should have a nice subforum for all types of platform games.

I dont know what it should be named, but if you look at tomato Island, you'll know how many gamers there are in this forum, hell, maybe there'll even be people coming into the forum just to join in that subforum.

That does sound like a pretty good idea.

I disagree. Tomato Island is and always has been the place of discussion that doesn't pertain to MS. Adding extra sub-forums that don't pertain to MS will eventually lead to a seperated community that doesn't play MS, yet they come just for those certain boards (actually, you can see that happening already).

Whats wrong with Tomato Island that makes you wish gaming had it's own sub-section? The sheer amount of posts that go on in there? At least be happy they have a place for you to talk about things not related to MS, because for all the admins care you can go talk about those things on another forum that focuses on such topics.

No

I don't really think it's necessary, either. Let's say you put it under Tomato (where it would belong). Wouldn't you also need an anime one? What about a crazypointlessthread one? I know new threads get made at a high rate, but it really is supposed to be a Maple forum. I don't think they would WANT to attract new members from other games, as they have limited server space and that would cost them a lot more.

Actually I think the point is more because, a lot of us know each other, and as a community most of us that have been around for a long time rarely actually play MapleStory, yet there is no other place to go to have such grand fun. So, although it does not pertain to MapleStory, a gaming section would allow people to easily track new games out (By those of us who are aware posting it), and also to find others playing the same game. Threads like the DoMO thread would stay bumped a lot longer (At the top anyhow), and easy to locate.

As for an anime section, I believe that the anime thread is doing a good job of handling anime requests, and although an anime section would also be nice, it's not exactly the same. Gaming implies a much broader sense, whereas lots of us play smiply console games (Halo, FFXII, etc), CRPGS (Cave Story, Eternal Daughter, etc), or just MMOs (DoMO, FlyFF, etc). So it pretty much works as the area covered is too large to have one single general 'gaming' thread, and although the Wii thread, and other console threads may work out, a general gaming subforum would do a much better job.

I second this, it seems like it would be awesome. I've been wanting to make a DS thread for a long time, but I don't want to make such a bold jump, I know people do have DS's(Quite a few), but it might just bomb. Having a gaming area, gives it more room, and me more leeway in creating it.
    Gone with the wind

So you're saying you guys want a subforum to discuss the online sensation that is Runescape?

None of this "1337" stuff, it's just "ronin"

Scania:
    ksern00b - 41 Assassin

I'm mixed on the sbuject; I agree with Hal in that it might create a sub community, something nobody wants, but it would be of use I think..
    For no lets use tech support as a trial, just remember to put [Game] In the topic so we can filter the topics. If it works, we can see if it would work in a forum setting, if it doesn't then we're no worse off.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

various disguises

I think someone's hacked Jed's account. He's responded positively (well, sort of) to a topic in Feedback and Suggestions... o_O

I think it's a pretty nifty idea. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but a lot of people here certainly are.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisbar View Post
    I'm mixed on the sbuject; I agree with Hal in that it might create a sub community, something nobody wants, but it would be of use I think..
    For no lets use tech support as a trial, just remember to put [Game] In the topic so we can filter the topics. If it works, we can see if it would work in a forum setting, if it doesn't then we're no worse off.
    Why the tech support forum? Simply make a new subforum, then remove it if we don't want it.

None of this "1337" stuff, it's just "ronin"

Scania:
    ksern00b - 41 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    Why the tech support forum? Simply make a new subforum, then remove it if we don't want it.
    I'm just a mod, I can't make sub forums and tech support is the closest relation to it I can see.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup