Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Namcos 'Tales of' series

Default Namcos 'Tales of' series

I know a couple of members who are hardcore about one of the games in the series [Tales of the Abyss] and was wondering if anyone else is?

It's a great RPG game similar to the Final Fantasy series but I think the battle system for the recent tales games are sweeeet! I've been playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology on PSP and haven't stopped since I've gotten it.

Anyone played a game from the series? If not then this thread was designed to help some of the HS members discover it! :D

I have played Tales of Symphonia. When I first played the game, I was skeptical because my sis introduced me to it. But after the first dungeon, I was hooked. I've even beat it on the Mania difficulty level.

Is that the one with Lloyd? I heard it was one of the best tales games in the series. There's a Tales Of Symphonia 2 coming out but it's only going to be available for the Wii but has the same battle system as Tales Of the Abyss did.

Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    Is that the one with Lloyd? I heard it was one of the best tales games in the series. There's a Tales Of Symphonia 2 coming out but it's only going to be available for the Wii but has the same battle system as Tales Of the Abyss did.
    Yes, ToS is the best in the series. My longest save file is 114 hours.

The sequel (which is really half sequel and half spinoff) is called Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. (It has some other title outside of America.

The only other ones I have played are Tales of Phantasia, which is godly, and Tales of the Abyss, which is also great.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside fron the Tales series, I strongly reccoment Shim Megami Tensei games such as Persona 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Me...sei:_Persona_3

and Digital Devil Saga 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Me...l_Devil_Saga_2

They are a bit (very) on the mature side though.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ToS: DotNW is now going to be as fun as its predecessor, as they have rermoved the map travel system and... well I wouldn't want to spoil it...

Phantom Watch

I've played ToS and enjoyed it a bit. I wasn't compelled to buy it though.

Shield

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    I've played ToS and enjoyed it a bit. I wasn't compelled to buy it though.
    I don't know you anymore.

Phantom Watch

meh. I might try it out again, this thread gave me the odd urge too, but I don't really remember wanting to buy it after my rental was up.

Yeah, mine was 234:20. I had gotten everything for everyone. I was able to kill the last boss with one hit.

Since I finished the game, I was hoping for a sequel. Now, that I know, I can't wait.:D

I think I might pick ToS and ToA up sometime seeing as I've heard alot of both. I might add that the new heroine/hero from ToS:DotNW looks way too similar to Luke and Tear from ToA. Even Emil [ToS:2 new protagonist] looks like Stahn!

Phantom Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Brigade View Post
    Yeah, mine was 234:20. I had gotten everything for everyone. I was able to kill the last boss with one hit.

Since I finished the game, I was hoping for a sequel. Now, that I know, I can't wait.:D
    wow. my longest game times were 176 hrs. (approx) for legend of mana and 181 hours for the four part .hack series.