Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcanum of Magic

It is in SG and Malaysia.

Beginner

Doesn't Freya mean goddess of beauty? Great story so far.

Chapter finished! Comment please!

By the way, I changed her grade to grade 9.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Chapter 2

I woke up with a really bad headache in the school's nurses' office. When I reached my hand up to my head, it appeared to have been bandaged. "Are you okay?" Freya was beside me, staring at me anxiously. "What... happened..?" I moaned, sitting up. "Cody said you accidentally flew off the bars and hit the floor. What's up with you?" she groaned. "C...C...Cody...!?" I spluttered. "Knew it." she muttered. I felt my face turn red.

The nurses' office was white all over, floor tiles and all, provided with basic clinic apparatus. Nothing fancy, but the only thing that caught my attention in the room was the boy near the wall.

Cody Garrick, he was the same age as me, and 1.8 metres tall. Dark brown hair swept forward, making him look quite cool in my opinion. He was leaning against the wall, with a pocket book open in his hands. "Oh, hey, you're awake." He noticed me. "C...C...Cody!" I gasped again. "He was worried about you, so he decided to follow." Freya indicated him. I nearly fainted.

"Cecilia, are you okay now?" Cody asked me. Every few seconds or so, my face turned a brighter shade of red. "Ummm..... I'm.... I'm...." I stammered. "Do you have a fever or something? Your face looks pretty red." he caressed my forehead. I fainted again then.

"Cecilia! Cecilia! We have to get out NOW!" I heard Freya's voice ringing in the distance, and opened my eyes slowly, getting up.
    "What?" I mumbled sleepily.
    "Just announced over the intercom. The school got a bomb threat." Freya said grimly.
    "WHAT!?" I gasped.
    "No time for that, we have to get out!" Cody yelled from the door.
    "C...Cody!" Again, I nearly fainted.
    "Gosh, stay conscious. We can't risk losing you to a bomb!" Freya groaned, pulling me up.

"No good, the door's locked." Cody sighed, backing up. The school doors were made out of tough wood, so it was almost impossible to get out of a room once locked in. Then again, only the school's computer system could lock or unlock doors. Could it be? It got hacked!? "Isn't there anything here than can help?" Freya opened a first aid kit. I knew what she was looking for. In a nurses' office, the only thing capable of getting through a door was acid. Then again, dangerous items were restricted, so acid wouldn't be found around here.

The intercom sounded again, this time, it definitely wasn't anyone familiar. This voice announced the bomb's countdown to detonation! Now, I could feel beads of perspiration sliding down my forehead, and quickly wiped them off, trying to think of a way to escape. The windows here were also controlled by the school's computer system, and the countdown was at 5 minutes now. 4 precious minutes to think!

I glanced up at the ventilator system. It was a possible way out, but hard to reach. I jumped up to try and grab onto it, but I couldn't reach high enough. "4 minutes!" the intercom announced, with the announcer laughing maniacally. Madman. "Shut up." I mumbled, grabbing a table and standing on it. Still not high enough. A chair was enough to cover the difference, so I pulled one up and stood on it, reaching for the vent. "I'm pretty sure that got laser-welded after a student used that way to skip class last year." Cody said thoughtfully. Hopes dashed, I jumped off and looked for something we could hide behind to escape the bomb.

With 2 minutes remaining, we weren't exactly in the best spirits. How the heck had that madman managed to hack the computer system anyway? Cody and Freya were piling furniture around themselves, huddling in a corner. I joined them as the intercom magnified the victorious yell of, "1 MINUTE LEFT!!! GWAHAHAHA!"

"The thing is, Cody...... I......" I whispered from behind a bed. "Have a crush on me? It's kind of obvious. You fainted when I touched you and stammer whenever talking to me." Cody glanced at me. He sure was observant...... "Yeah..." I felt myself flush. 30 seconds. "If we somehow survive this, I'm going to kiss you 100 times." I made a half-hearted attempt of a joke. No response.

10 seconds. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 0.

A deafening shockwave blasted through the entire school, ripping walls apart like they were paper, accompanied by a bright flash of light. "But I thought nukes were banned in 2050!" Cody gasped. And it was true. The terrorist had used a nuclear bomb! The last thing I felt before passing out was a particularly strong gust of wind. Wind? In a place like this?

Jr. Necki

Lol you sure love school, thanks for the chapter you finished and the one you started

SCHOOL! Okay, never mind.

Great chapter so far. xP

Chapter 3

Was I in heaven? I was lying on something long and soft. Grass, probably. It was tickling my back. The sky above me was cloudless, allowing the Sun to shine down onto the scorched earth I was lying on. Hey wait, grass couldn't grow on scorched earth! I got up and looked around. I was still at where the school had previously been, now replaced by a large crater. Water was gently lapping at our feet, and I noticed that Lake Michigan was pouring water into the crater.

I had been lying on top of Cody just now, so I quickly shook him awake, along with Freya, who was lying beside him. "What just happened?" I asked. Freya rubbed her eyes. "No idea, but before I passed out, some strong gust of wind blew around me." She moaned. "Same. Are we in heaven?" Cody glanced around furtively. "Does heaven have a big crater filling with water? Doubt it." I pointed out. The water level inside the crater was rising relatively fast.

We quickly climbed up the crater's slope to avoid the rising water level. Freya was on my back, with Cody climbing ahead of me. "My nose hurts by the way. Did you somehow squash my face?" Cody eyed me suspiciously. I nearly lost my grip. "When I woke up, I was on top of you, that's all I remember!" I groaned. I was up to my knees in the water now, and my skirt was getting wet.

Once Cody got up onto solid ground, he reached down and pulled me up. Freya slid off my back, and I fell backwards, panting. Strange, I didn't usually feel this tired after exercise, even with people on my back. "I can't believe that the school got blown up......" Cody stared at the new boundaries of Lake Michigan. "Well, part of the girl's dorms are still standing, but we can't get up." Freya pointed at the only half of a school building remaining. The side of the girl's dormitory with the stairs and elevators had disappeared completely. Our belongings were in the half still standing, luckily. It was surprising that there wasn't any radiation from the nuke left. "That terrorist's going to pay for all this......" I coughed.

"Freeze." the same voice that had been echoing through the intercom said. I looked up. Right into the barrel of a rifle that I recognized from a few games as an AK47. Those things were still in circulation in this age? I put up my hands, while Freya and Cody did the same. "Funny, I thought no one would be able to survive the nuke." the masked terrorist mumbled, prodding my cheek with the rifle's barrel. I held my breath, frightened. "In that case......" his trigger finger tightened. "Leave her alone!" Cody suddenly burst out, dashing towards him and trying to kick the gun out of his hands. The terrorist angled the AK47 at him and pulled the trigger. 6 bullets spat out of the muzzle, striking Cody in the shoulder and knocking him down.

"Cody!" I yelled, but the barrel was in my face again. I clenched my teeth, glancing at the writhing Cody on the ground. His shoulder was bleeding pretty badly...... "Make one move and you'll join your boyfriend on the ground." the terrorist snickered, placing some extra emphasis on the fourth word from the end of his sentence. I was really angry now, but I couldn't do anything...... "How about this? I'll let you two go on one condition." he gestured towards Freya and Cody. "Two?" I eyed him defiantly. "Yes, two. You'll either come with me, or your friends go byebye." he laughed maniacally. Sicko.

"Cecilia, don't do it!" Freya yelled, but the crack of a rifle quietened her down. The bullets had narrowly missed her arm! After a few seconds of thought, I made my decision. It wasn't easy. My life, for theirs. "Frey, Cody. I'm sorry......" I whispered, getting up. Freya gasped. "Good choice. Now. Let's see how you look when you're stripping. In front of your friends." the terrorist smiled. I knew it! "And don't try anything, or I'll do it for you, and who knows what I might do." he produced a knife from behind him.

I reached a hand to my shirt's shoulders, pulling it up a bit, but the next moment, I felt a strong gust of wind forcing my shirt back down. Strangely enough, the terrorist was on the ground, confused. His gun and knife were floating in the air in front of me, seemingly on a cushion of air. I felt weakened somewhat, but I quickly grabbed the Kalashnikov and pointed it at the terrorist. The hunter had become the hunted. How amusing. "Now how about you talk before I blow your brains out." I threatened my terrified prey.

The knife dropped to the ground, and the terrorist eyed it for a moment before I kicked it away. "Okay, okay! I'll talk!" he put his hands up. "Who asked you to do this?" I began the interrogation. "I don't know! All I know is that I came home and found a package with the bomb inside and a note telling me that I would get paid big bucks if I blew up this school!" he answered, shaking. "You're lying!" I shouted, finger closing over the trigger. I hadn't handled a gun before, and my first experience wasn't good. The AK47 in my hands was shaking. Obviously he had noticed it, for he went for his dagger the second before I pulled the trigger. The bullets barely missed him and he picked up his dagger so fast I could only see a blur.

The next thing I knew, another gust of wind blew around me, and my shirt slid off, sliced in half from the front. The terrorist had collapsed, still holding his knife, apparently dead from a big gash in his chest. A direct hit through his heart, although I didn't know what had done it. It looked like it had been done by something sharp though. The knife had almost managed to reach me, evidenced by my shirt on the ground. "Cecilia!" Freya yelled, running over to me. "What...... just happened?" I was in a daze, having dropped the gun.

I felt really weak now, and I couldn't move much as Freya put me on the ground beside Cody and dashed off to find help. She didn't need to go far. Sirens sounded in the distance, suggesting police and ambulance. Freya came back and tried to stop Cody's bleeding by ripping off the right sleeve of her school uniform and wrapping it around the wound. She also put my shirt back on, backwards. "Thanks..." I moaned weakly. The sirens were getting closer, and I spotted the front part of a police car through the woods around where the school had been. "Over there!" someone yelled.

The police cordoned off the whole crater and started inspecting the corpse of the terrorist, while the medical team from an ambulance attended to Cody and gave me a spare shirt. "It's a miracle! How did you three survive that bomb?" a doctor asked excitedly. I glanced at Freya. "Don't know." she sighed. "Still, almost 3000 people left the world today. The media's going to have one hell of a story tomorrow, motherfckers." another doctor pointed at the media truck that had been following behind. "BBC." I mumbled, reading the letters stenciled on the side. Already, a female reporter was out, attempting to squeeze a few words out of policemen. Her camera was a revolutionary, new, robot-mounted model that followed her around like a dog. It didn't take long for her to spot the three of us, and she walked over, smiling.

"Oh great, she spotted us." a doctor groaned.
    "Good morning, I'm Miley Ashley, a reporter from BBC." the reporter introduced herself.
    "Can you please don't bother them? They're trying to get some rest! No doubt this whole business tired them out!" a doctor stood up.
    "It'll only take a minute." Miley reassured the doctor. "Sooo, what are your thoughts on this act of terrorism?"
    "No comment." I managed those two words, exhausted as I was.
    "Look, they need to rest!" the first doctor argued.

The reporter left after failing to get any information out of us, and the doctors heaved sighed of relief as they turned back to Cody. The bullets in Cody's shoulder had been extracted earlier, and the police were now looking through the terrorist's pockets with gloves.

Jr. Necki

The greatest day in history death is beaten you have rescued me shout it out Jesus is alive, The empty cross the empty grave life eternal you have one the day sing it out Jesus is alive he's alive and O happy day Happy day you washed my sin away O happy day Happy day I'll never be the same Forever I am changed.

lol 1st verse of one of my fave Christian songs.

Well nice a bomb I like bombs they are explosive

I wonder what will happen next.......

Lolz back 0.0 You SO got the .Bliss. thing from Artemis Fowl

While sinking in a steaming mud pool.Bliss.

Always looking for guildmates.

Fave series: Artemis Fowl, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Harry Potter, Leven Thumps, and er.... Hunting for others. Please recommend series. NOTE SERIES!!!!!

Goals!!!!
    30[x] 35[x] 40[x] 50[] 60[] 70[] 80+[]
    solo pap[] solo mm[x] solo zmm[] solo king slime[x] 1st mill[] max out buddies guild[x] get nx[]

Spoiler!

Hmm the most used gun in storys the AK47 why is it never a Chain gun (best motherfcking gun in the world,just very heavy)

what kon thinks when looking at RE
    Kon. says:
    there is leon shaving uuuh saving her
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/
    please help me grow
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/ind

Spoiler!