Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read This!! :d

Default Read This!! :d

Series: CHERUB.
    Author: Robert Muchamore

I highly recommend this series - go to your local library or bookstore or whatever and pick up the first copy- The Recruit.

It is an awesome book, probably suited more to teens but still good for pretty much youths.

Plot: Based on a teen boy called James who is an orphan and is accepted into an organisation called CHERUB- a goverment funded organisation which uses kids with little/no family background on undercover missions to rid the world of ****gies, terrorists etc.

It is an excellent series, funny and action packed. But contains 'teen' references.

Now dont just read this and go " oh another one of those threads with someone saying something is good. Stuff it, not worth it "

Please, just try and read the first one and see what you think of it. I'm not just raving, it really is good.
    Items for sale, click, bid or auto-win!

Goals
    Level to 60 | Level to 70 & become CB | Get a Zhelm

http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=11366

and old old thread that somehow got revived recently. It asks about favorite book genres but it ended up talking about books too.
    i also believe there was another thread somewhere (if you search) you may want to revive (i actually said that?) which was about starting the hidden-street book club or something.

Shield

Sonds a lot like Gunslinger Girl. I might look into it if I have free time and I remember to look it up during my free time.

I was gonna say the same, gunslinger girl much.

Want a real book? Go read the classics of literature. Seriously.

I'm considering buying a copy of the golden bough, for reference from Eureka Seven, but also because it is a classic. I have a few other classics I want to peruse.
    Gone with the wind

Gunslinger girl? Im thinking thats manga eh?

The author: Robert Muchamore was an ex-investigator and so this book is all very realistic, the kids are fully trained (espionage, combat etc) fit and smart (one of the main requirements to join).
    Items for sale, click, bid or auto-win!

Goals
    Level to 60 | Level to 70 & become CB | Get a Zhelm

Quote Originally Posted by bix View Post
    the kids are fully trained (espionage, combat etc) fit and smart (one of the main requirements to join).
    Ender's Game ZOMGOMGOMG!!!!1!!!

read it NAO!
    first read ender's game, then read its parallel novel called Ender's shadow, then read the whole series for ender's the enders shadow sequels. (you can read ender's game sequels too, but i find the enders shadow sequels to be a lot cooler, but you gotta read ender's game first)

so: enders game, enders shadow, shadow of the hegemon, shadow puppets, shadow of the giant. do it now! you wont be disappointed.

What is Ender's Game about? I heard it was great, but never bothered with it.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    What is Ender's Game about? I heard it was great, but never bothered with it.
    There's these aliens called the buggers that are controlled by the hive queen, who attack earth. luckily, humanity was able to fend them off because of a general called Mazer Rackham. however the buggers might try to invade again one day. the the international fleet sets up a space station that is a battle school. ever child on earth is tested at a young age for their intellectual abilities, and traits. only few get accepted into the battle school. also their is a population crisis at the time so no one is aloud to have more than 2 children, if anymore then their are legal penalties. however, Ender who is a 3rd child gets accepted to battle school. the kids face each other in battles to learn commanding strategies and such. And the battle school trains these kids to command the fleet.

I wonder if HS needs to set up a subforum for literature-related chat.

On-topic: Yeah, that book sounds like Gunslinger Girl.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Shield

I've read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.

Also I was refering to the anime, but I'm reading the manga and watching the second season now.