Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was you first serious game?

Megaman X1-6 is serious business.

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    Megaman X1-6 is serious business.
    God, I hated all the megaman series for a while. I always died within like 5 seconds. 2 years later I beat them all :D

Tele and LT, you guys mentioned Mario, but it isn't a serious game. :|

Banned

Who here remembers the SNES game Bonkers? I could beat that since I was 5 :D

Zelda: Ocarina of Time as my for my first serious one and Starcraft, I guess, for the most influential.
    When we are plunged into darkness, we flee toward light. But, the closer we get, the greater our shadow becomes.

A variant of pong on the old atari 2600 that had a decent ai and levels.. each level, the speed, bounce angle and sensitivity of the paddles movement increased, and the size of my paddle decreased. I ended up having to be hospitalized at once point because my arms locked up..16 hour not moving anything but your thumbs sessions do that to ya though.

Or the original zelda. Your pic.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Banned

Pokemon.

wow.

Hmm I guess you're right, Mario isn't too serious. :/ I guess well the next one I played was Mario 2->Mario 3. I also played Legend of Zelda, which was godly. I also played Sonic inbetween there somewhere. :/
    I was a real NES kinda kid, but I had a SEGA as well, and played all the awesome games on it like TMNT. Sadly I no longer have a SEGA, even though my NES still works (Some 10 odd years later?)

I guess the first game that I actually got into as far as games go that you can really GET into (Level up, collect rares, etc), would be Phantasy Star 1~2 for the GameCube, and Final Fantasy 1 (I didn't play it until 6 years ago or so though).
    Gone with the wind

One of three that I beat in the hazy phase of my childhood:
    -Mario Brothers 3
    -Warcraft 2
    -The Legend of Zelda

Diablo II if that counts. I remember those days when dial up was new in New Zealand and an hour of my limit was $2.50. I racked up a $500 dollar bill lol. Worst $500 spent on anything ever.

Or by game you mean a game where it's not playable online/one player then it was FFX. It took my RPG virginity. There's nothing like the first time :D