Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Norton. Wha?

Quote Originally Posted by Heartagramerz View Post
    I'm not an employee of Norton....
    Besides the free stuff will ask you to buy it in order to activate it...
    I don't understand how you guys use the free version
    B/c you are too poor to pay for it or something I guess...
    Or because programs like AVG and Avast! do not advertise in your face with pop-ups. And also because free virus-scanners can do a better job than some paid ones, although paid ones are the best.

I've never been asked to buy anything from avg, avast, lavasoft, spybots&d, xvid, gimp, vlc, tcmp, etc.. etc...

I do however pay for my antivirus (not the above mentioned), and have had no problems with it whatsoever considering spyware, virus', adware etc. Maybe not everyone can afford to pay, that is true, but it also doesn't automatically make those programs any less than one you pay for. If you look back on my previous post, I had a paid subscription to Norton's internet security thing, and it did a crappy job compared to the free ones. Not to mention, a lot of paid software do not have trial versions for you to test out before buying.

As far as I can see, nobody said you couldn't pay for an antivirus, everyone has recommended the free ones because they do work. Even though I pay for an all in one, I still use a few of the others to double check.

wishing to be back in London, UK! but stuck in NJ

You're totally talking out your arse now, kid.

I don't know what type of crap you download to your system but nothing that I've ever downloaded, free or otherwise, has prompted me to purchase the paid version to activate it in any way, shape, or form. Unlike you, I know what I'm in for before I download an application.

And if you read back in the thread, I use both the paid version AND the free version and they both do an equally bang up job.

You need to pull your head out your bum - making a statement such as "b/c you are too poor to pay for it or something I guess" is a very low form of trying to insult someone...and wow you've put it so eloquently! That was put in a very middle school/low high school way! -claps- [ps, that was sarcasm since we have to point out the obvious to you] Go back to the hole you came from. -waves bubye!-
    lv15x Bishop - Scania GMS

What ever, I wasn't trying to insult anyone...
    what is wrong with you??
    I'll just leave then lol
    -Goals-
    Hermit
    ~BleedWell~

[X] Lvl 80 [ ] Lvl 85 [ ] Lvl 90 [ ] Lvl 95 [ ] Lvl 99 [ ] Lvl 100
    My IGN is based on this song
    HIM - Bleedwell
    http://www.youtube.com/user/him
    Click on that song!!
    Sniper
    (Resting) ColdWolf666 (Resting)

What ever, I wasn't trying to insult anyone...
    what is wrong with you??
    I'll just leave then lol
    Considering you can't speak without insulting everyone, this is likely a good idea. You should be thankful the people that do know what they speak of aren't vindictive; had any of them reported you for trolling, I would of acted upon it quite happily.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup