Thread: Vying for Attention

Default Vying for Attention

Vying for Attention: Chapter 1

Her Nexon Cash items glimmered gently, her rather insanely dex-scrolled overall completely hidden underneath the glamour of the pink-and-white striped strapless top. She was barefoot, or so it appeared, as transparent shoes encased her legs. Her ears were also falsely bare, and her hands as well, though glowing pink hearts on the back of her hands gave the item hidden under them away. Her accuracy-scrolled Zakum helmet was unseen beneath a transparent hat, her hair a dark purple, the bangs dyed with a darker red.

Reniss believed simple was best. Even though her guild, Personify, had admonished her about wearing such plain clothing- it reminded them of her older, plainer days, and they believed the more expensive, the better- she refused to back down. They could hardly deny this dragon knight her demands, especially as she was newly a third jobber, and they wished to respect her.

A guild was slightly similar to a “clan” based family. There was the head of the family, the guild leader, the Jr. Masters right below them, and then three levels of other ‘familial’ members. Once adopted into a guild, one was fostered there until they wished to leave. But all that the guild has given them must be returned if they do leave. This young Dragon Knight had exactly this reason preventing her from just calling it banned and leaving the guild altogether.

Her guild was rich; it had taken fifteen tries, and quite a sum of money, to achieve her “Sunflower Power” hairstyle. Not to mention the cash shop items she was already wearing, and the AP resets that it had taken to get her down from high dexterity to almost none at all. And the numerous unheard-of items that she owned, many of them one-of-a-kind. Yes, she would say that her adopted family, her guild, had treated her like royalty, like she was some kind of princess from GM heaven.

However, she felt like a prize, a trophy of some sort. Especially now as they were putting her forth for marriage. Marriage, for the GM’s sake. What kind of guild sends out a level seventy for marriage? She was much too noob to snare the heart and admiration of any highleveled bishop, or so she thought. The whole of Maple seemed to be against her though, and thoroughly made this known by greeting her formally wherever she went. Just because she was godly, and dexless. It was even in her super megaphone: “Reniss, level 70, base 4 dex, with godly equips looking for a husband.” Perhaps they should’ve been more specific. Such as “must be a level 13x bishop or above”. That might have made her ordeal more endurable. But no, they had to leave the courting open to every single Mapler in ______. (insert world here)

The sound of someone arriving startled her out of her musings and aroused a slight curiosity. The people sitting in large, blue thronelike chairs chatting with each other all swiveled their heads in the direction of the noise. A tipsy wizard, barely into his level 4xes, as she could see by his Starlight overall, dashed up to her and skidded to a halt.

“Miss Reniss?” he gasped out, dipping into a slight bow to her while still wheezing frantically. Jeez, this wizard was too utterly noob to even learn teleport. “I heard the news you were getting married, ma’am…”

“I’m getting married?” she inquired, a clear F6 upon her features. “I thought I was looking for someone to get married to first.”

“Yeah, that too!” the wizard blurted out enthusiastically. “I thought I could be the one to marry you!” His hands on his hips, he thrust his chest out proudly, threw out the biggest F2 he could manage, and blasted Reniss a wide grin. It was comical, really.

“Look,” the Dragon Knight said pointedly. “If you don’t want to get hacked, or KSed, or some other consequence along that line, I think you should rethink your proposal. Maplers tend to get hurt if they try to approach me with the intent to marry without approval from my guild.”

“You have to pay to marry?” the wizard said blankly, his face fallen and ashen gray, a sickly blue as he pondered the consequences. “Um. I guess I’ll rethink that,” he replied weakly, stumbling both dejectedly and fearfully away.

“But they never learn, do they,” Reniss muttered to herself. “Other noober characters will approach me. And they’ll suffer the consequences. Mark my text, this won’t be the last of them.”

Get the gist of it, or is it nonsense?

Got the gist of it. Good description, but you need to be clearer. Is it in Maple, or as a normal player; i.e, from a computer?
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Well, Maple is the world, and each server is a different kingdom. There are different levels of death, like perma-banned is dead dead, and 1-month bans are resurrection, kind of like that, I guess. I haven't gotten the details worked out yet, because this was just a sudden whim I had. Is there anything else particularly confusing?

A GM says "perma-ban" and you die? o.o
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

GMs are like gods. They don't exist. xD Different GMs are different gods, and people who worship each one are of different religions, so to speak.

Of course, this is all theoretical. It's what popped into my head the moment I read your post.