Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blizzard VS Golden Eagle

but don't you use thrust to get to places quicker??
    I got a hog, so do you think I still need to get thrust??
    -Goals-
    Hermit
    ~BleedWell~

[X] Lvl 80 [ ] Lvl 85 [ ] Lvl 90 [ ] Lvl 95 [ ] Lvl 99 [ ] Lvl 100
    My IGN is based on this song
    HIM - Bleedwell
    http://www.youtube.com/user/him
    Click on that song!!
    Sniper
    (Resting) ColdWolf666 (Resting)

Isn't it a bit cumbersome to get on and off your hog while you're fighting? I mean yeah, if travelling between training spots is all your bothered about, a hog will be better than thrust.

Personally, although I haven't got thrust yet, I have 129% speed when wearing my whitebottoms and bone helm and I find that certain maps are much easier to train in when I am fast.

Like DTs for example, there's quite a bit of walking and I can work the map a lot better when I am fast. Some maps don't matter how fast you are so I put my dex hat and shoes back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelgorn View Post
    Isn't it a bit cumbersome to get on and off your hog while you're fighting? I mean yeah, if travelling between training spots is all your bothered about, a hog will be better than thrust.

Personally, although I haven't got thrust yet, I have 129% speed when wearing my whitebottoms and bone helm and I find that certain maps are much easier to train in when I am fast.

Like DTs for example, there's quite a bit of walking and I can work the map a lot better when I am fast. Some maps don't matter how fast you are so I put my dex hat and shoes back on.
    Certain maps require a decent amount of speed, but certain maps don't. By the time I'm putting points into either Eagle, Thrust or MB, I plan on solo'ing at places that don't really require that much speed, such as Squids or Jr. Newties. And if I'm partying on other maps, hopefully I'm with a thief, lol.
    Beta Levels Gained: 67 (35+20+12)
    GMS Levels Gained: 596
    87+76+61+47+43+37+37+33+30+22+20+17+16+16+16+16+16 +15+11+7+2+1

Level 60 Video ~~ Clicky
    Third Job Advancement Battle
    LMPQ - Money Making
    Improved Archer Training Guide
    GMS Kradia - Guild Recruiting
    What College Do You Attend?

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelgorn View Post
    I'm use to it!!
    I'll just see how things go as I get higher lvls!! :D

Ok, I come down to this that Blizzard, I will not max only till I can freeze for 3 sec which is max. I'll max everything but for Thrust, Blizzard and Eagle.
    Eagle I will only get to a certain lvl but not max it.

Thanks for comments and suggestion everyone
    -Goals-
    Hermit
    ~BleedWell~

[X] Lvl 80 [ ] Lvl 85 [ ] Lvl 90 [ ] Lvl 95 [ ] Lvl 99 [ ] Lvl 100
    My IGN is based on this song
    HIM - Bleedwell
    http://www.youtube.com/user/him
    Click on that song!!
    Sniper
    (Resting) ColdWolf666 (Resting)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zanchez View Post
    Certain maps require a decent amount of speed, but certain maps don't. By the time I'm putting points into either Eagle, Thrust or MB, I plan on solo'ing at places that don't really require that much speed, such as Squids or Jr. Newties. And if I'm partying on other maps, hopefully I'm with a thief, lol.
    Parties with thieves at 120+ don't offer much as everyone either doesn't need speed (mages) or has their own way of getting it (rush, thrust, etc.). You'll definitely want some more speed when a skele is chasing you down or a newtie is just about to fire at you.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Eagle = 20, blizzard = 21, thrust = 10, max the rest.

Eagle is completely useless, imo, and anyone who needs it doesn't know how to play snipers.
    Thats a load of **** rak, don't even tell me i don't know how to play my sniper, I use eagle at newties all the time so I don't have to freeze them first. Plus, it always helps when you are passing through maps that have non freeze-able monsters. Pesky monsters on the way to newties is a good example.

I mean, im only putting the min req of sp into it for frostprey anyway, but thats my opinion.

Honestly, it all really depends if you want the extra speed or not. Not to mention you aren't always guaranteed a theif, even as common as they are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReGregitation View Post
    Thats a load of **** rak, don't even tell me i don't know how to play my sniper, I use eagle at newties all the time so I don't have to freeze them first. Plus, it always helps when you are passing through maps that have non freeze-able monsters. Pesky monsters on the way to newties is a good example.

I mean, im only putting the min req of sp into it for frostprey anyway, but thats my opinion.

Honestly, it all really depends if you want the extra speed or not. Not to mention you aren't always guaranteed a theif, even as common as they are.
    I bliz'ed the newties and kept shooting, netting 20%+ at 112. You can do whatever you want, but getting a useless skill for one situation on an extremely crowded map that you won't train that much seems like a contrived way to prove me wrong.

Frostprey is useful because it's an auto-freeze with for no summoning rocks, no down-side. Even at level 1 it beats a max eagle 99.99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    I bliz'ed the newties and kept shooting, netting 20%+ at 112. You can do whatever you want, but getting a useless skill for one situation on an extremely crowded map that you won't train that much seems like a contrived way to prove me wrong.

Frostprey is useful because it's an auto-freeze with for no summoning rocks, no down-side. Even at level 1 it beats a max eagle 99.99% of the time.
    I'm doing the same, but with level 8 eagle, low, but still stuns majority of the time, although I still use freeze, cause well Im just so used to doing it, plus i do take back most of that post, cause nexon nerfed our birds(always ****ing over bowmen i swear)...if you haven't been on as of late, then go check out what I mean by nerfed at newties...try out eagle at mid.

Don't know if you can view this thread...but - http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1411865

I like how everyone on SW calls it a glitch. Wonder if any of them stopped for a second to not complain, and thought, "Wait, maybe it's play balancing. This makes Jr. Newties more free for the level of players they were intended for, and keeps those low level players where they're supposed to be."

I'm not saying I'm glad that once I get hawk, it'll be slow, but I think that everyone should just stfu and realize that this is how the patches work. You'll whine and complain, and then you'll find some other map to exploit. Get over yourselves.

Anyway, I still think that the hawk/eagle are good choices. Even if they're slower now, the damage increase for blizzard isn't worth the extra points. It's better to have the stun rate for non-freezable enemies.

Goals: 50 [x] 60 [x] 70 [x] Solo MM [x] ZMM[x]
    Ranger [x] ZHelm [x] Solo Jr. Rog [x]
    -----
    Make New Goals [ ]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReGregitation View Post
    I'm doing the same, but with level 8 eagle, low, but still stuns majority of the time, although I still use freeze, cause well Im just so used to doing it, plus i do take back most of that post, cause nexon nerfed our birds(always ****ing over bowmen i swear)...if you haven't been on as of late, then go check out what I mean by nerfed at newties...try out eagle at mid.

Don't know if you can view this thread...but - http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1411865
    Sorry to tell you but my sniper was stolen, I'm going off what I can glean from my friend's 140 marksmen that I played for 2 weeks and a 133 bm I was on for about 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyschmo View Post
    I like how everyone on SW calls it a glitch. Wonder if any of them stopped for a second to not complain, and thought, "Wait, maybe it's play balancing. This makes Jr. Newties more free for the level of players they were intended for, and keeps those low level players where they're supposed to be."

I'm not saying I'm glad that once I get hawk, it'll be slow, but I think that everyone should just stfu and realize that this is how the patches work. You'll whine and complain, and then you'll find some other map to exploit. Get over yourselves.

Anyway, I still think that the hawk/eagle are good choices. Even if they're slower now, the damage increase for blizzard isn't worth the extra points. It's better to have the stun rate for non-freezable enemies.
    If it's all balancing, then nexon has balanced the hell out of us to the point where our damage must be looking shooting a bazooka at a hamster for all the glitches and low hp we have.

There is 1 non-freezable monster in ANY version of maplestory that an archer would want to go and you can easily do gobys without being able to freeze or bird.

If you ever get to 110+ you'll realize how this debate is moot, the speed you get from using those "eagle/hawk" points on thrust is a godsend and blizzard is all you'll ever need.