Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blizzard VS Golden Eagle

I guess I'm an idiot? I thought more ice monsters were un-freezable. Or maybe you're just referring to optimized training enemies?

Either way, I'm certainly getting 15 bird, and probably more, because I feel like doing it. I like the look of the summon, and that's enough for me. >___>

EDIT TO PREVENT A DOUBLE POST

As for balance, I'm simply saying that we have advantages, and therefore it only makes sense to have disadvantages. Maplestory is by FAR the worst balanced game I've ever played. There is no character depth or specialization outside of being a cleric, almost period. I'm just saying that if they whack us down a notch every so often, then we'll find something else to use instead eventually.

Goals: 50 [x] 60 [x] 70 [x] Solo MM [x] ZMM[x]
    Ranger [x] ZHelm [x] Solo Jr. Rog [x]
    -----
    Make New Goals [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    You could, it was just my build. 5 extra thrust seems worse than the extra % stun in case I ever decided to summon a bird (never).

Eagle is useless. There is not one single place where it does better than blizzard, not one. Even if you are fighting one monster, you can get more hits in with blizzard than stun and you can blizzard mobs. Trust me - it's useless.

My arguments are usually more cohesive, but this one doesn't need that - don't get eagle, I'd bet my house you'll regret it.
    you obviously didn't train at jr newties.

eagle is very useful at jr newties, since they attack you before you do.
    yes, you can use blizzard but it's way slower.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedFaith View Post
    you obviously didn't train at jr newties.

eagle is very useful at jr newties, since they attack you before you do.
    yes, you can use blizzard but it's way slower.
    You obviously like doing things the easy way and assuming it's also the right way. It wasn't slower, it was faster, and I didn't have to bring rocks or worry if 2 newties spawned (making your eagle useless). It also let me do both of the mid newties faster than people with eagle/hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyschmo View Post
    Maplestory is by FAR the worst balanced game I've ever played.
    QFT, but there's no PvP, so it's understandable.

You obviously like doing things the easy way and assuming it's also the right way. It wasn't slower, it was faster, and I didn't have to bring rocks or worry if 2 newties spawned (making your eagle useless). It also let me do both of the mid newties faster than people with eagle/hawk.

QFT, but there's no PvP, so it's understandable.
    Training with blizzard at jr. newties it's NOT FASTER.
    i suppose you are so cheap and you don't want to spend money on rocks.

are you talking about sniping? cause I don't really see your point.

Regardless of the usefulness of eagle in 3rd job, is there any debate as to the usefulness of frostprey in 4th job?

Even if eagle is useless in some people's eyes, should we not get 15 points in it since that is the prerequisite for frostrprey?

Banned

Training with blizzard at jr. newties it's NOT FASTER.
    i suppose you are so cheap and you don't want to spend money on rocks.

are you talking about sniping? cause I don't really see your point.
    Yes, it is faster. I'd prove it to you but my sniper was hacked; regardless, it is faster for snipers. Blizzard -> strafe -> blizzard -> strafe. With 1 blizzad I can take out both houses, you can only take 1 house, so for that 1~3 seconds wasted on blizzard you're getting 1 whole newtie less.

I never consider cost when using skills because it's completely negligible when you train right - having said that, I've got more mesos then you'll dream of having.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelgorn View Post
    Regardless of the usefulness of eagle in 3rd job, is there any debate as to the usefulness of frostprey in 4th job?

Even if eagle is useless in some people's eyes, should we not get 15 points in it since that is the prerequisite for frostrprey?
    Get 15 and leave it at 15, the rest is better used at thrust; even 20 with thrust being 10 is still good (my build). Anyone arguing frostprey vs. eagle has never played a marksmen and shouldn't be talking.

Yes, it is faster. I'd prove it to you but my sniper was hacked; regardless, it is faster for snipers. Blizzard -> strafe -> blizzard -> strafe. With 1 blizzad I can take out both houses, you can only take 1 house, so for that 1~3 seconds wasted on blizzard you're getting 1 whole newtie less.

I never consider cost when using skills because it's completely negligible when you train right - having said that, I've got more mesos then you'll dream of having.

Get 15 and leave it at 15, the rest is better used at thrust; even 20 with thrust being 10 is still good (my build). Anyone arguing frostprey vs. eagle has never played a marksmen and shouldn't be talking.
    I am a sniper, I have tried it that way, it's not faster..

its' harder because by the time you are strafing you have to freeze again, you are not going to kill the monster in 3 secs all the time.

Banned

I am a sniper, I have tried it that way, it's not faster..

its' harder because by the time you are strafing you have to freeze again, you are not going to kill the monster in 3 secs all the time.
    Then you're incredibly weak and not the average. I had a really weak ranger friend try and kill while I bliz'ed and he said I should come back every time as it was MUCH faster.

We can keep arguing, but you're still wrong.

Then you're incredibly weak and not the average. I had a really weak ranger friend try and kill while I bliz'ed and he said I should come back every time as it was MUCH faster.

We can keep arguing, but you're still wrong.
    i'm not fkken weak.

I am a sniper myself, and from what I know maany people say i'm strong and i don't even have a zhelm.

i'm not going to waste my time arguing with you over something that is obviosuly wrong.

Let's see.
    when you use eagle, you just have to wait for the jr newtie to spawn so you can strafe.

when you use blizzard everytime the newties spawn you have to use blizzard so it freezes.

so by the time you use blizzard you could have already strafed with eagle.

sometimes you are not going to kill the newtie in 3 sec(yes mostly of the time I do) but when you don't you have to freeze again, if you use eagle you don't even have to worry if the monster will unfreeze.

Banned

i'm not fkken weak.

I am a sniper myself, and from what I know maany people say i'm strong and i don't even have a zhelm.

i'm not going to waste my time arguing with you over something that is obviosuly wrong.

Let's see.
    when you use eagle, you just have to wait for the jr newtie to spawn so you can strafe.

when you use blizzard everytime the newties spawn you have to use blizzard so it freezes.

so by the time you use blizzard you could have already strafed with eagle.

sometimes you are not going to kill the newtie in 3 sec(yes mostly of the time I do) but when you don't you have to freeze again, if you use eagle you don't even have to worry if the monster will unfreeze.
    Please stop clogging perfectly good threads with wrong info and leave.