Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Hp+ Gear help healings damage and heal?

Default Do Hp+ Gear help healings damage and heal?

Hi, I'm making a cleric and someone told me that the more Hp you have the more you heal, and the more damage heal does to the undead. I just wanted to make sure before I invested money into gear and find out it doesnt. Thx for the info :)
    My three Maplers

"He who is without sin may cast the first stone"
    Probably the wisest saying ever. That and look beofre you leap :P

Yes I scored really hi :P

Fun Hard Quiz

Quote Originally Posted by 11Cloud11X2 View Post
    Hi, I'm making a cleric and someone told me that the more Hp you have the more you heal, and the more damage heal does to the undead. I just wanted to make sure before I invested money into gear and find out it doesnt. Thx for the info :)

Well actually it just like this. Maybe the person who told you that because of the description on the skill like at level 30 of heal, you will heal 300% of your health.

If you heal monster, the heal damage are based on your int and your magic atck. But if you heal your party members, the heal value are based on your hp

Please correct me if Im wrong. I still remember this thread have been up before
    "I need to work on My Grammar"

~MapleSEA, Bootes~
    *AFTER 3 YEARS OF QUITING, MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN HACK!*

~MapleSEA,Fornax~
    Nairfan - Magician - Lvl 16

You're correct.
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Ok thx that helps a ton. And sorry I used the search but all I really found was that a lvl 77 preist could survive in himes >.>
    My three Maplers

Fun Hard Quiz

Quote Originally Posted by Diablomaster View Post
    Well actually it just like this. Maybe the person who told you that because of the description on the skill like at level 30 of heal, you will heal 300% of your health.

If you heal monster, the heal damage are based on your int and your magic atck. But if you heal your party members, the heal value are based on your hp

Please correct me if Im wrong. I still remember this thread have been up before
    *sigh* No, you're only half correct. Healing monsters is based on INT/MATK, and so is healing party members. Ask any STR cleric... They can't heal themselves or their party members for more than 20 HP or so.

The in-game description is misleading. It says 300%, but it doesn't say 300% of what. The 300% is a multiplier to some unknown, hidden INT/MATK formula that the game calculates. LUK is also possibly involved, but only slightly, if at all.

Sources:
    Best approximation for heal damage formula.
    Afrobeans's HP cleric: here, here, here. Unfortunately, the main thread about it got deleted because it was too old...
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    *sigh* No, you're only half correct. Healing monsters is based on INT/MATK, and so is healing party members. Ask any STR cleric... They can't heal themselves or their party members for more than 20 HP or so.

The in-game description is misleading. It says 300%, but it doesn't say 300% of what. The 300% is a multiplier to some unknown, hidden INT/MATK formula that the game calculates. LUK is also possibly involved, but only slightly, if at all.

Sources:
    Best approximation for heal damage formula.
    Afrobeans's HP cleric: here, here, here. Unfortunately, the main thread about it got deleted because it was too old...
    Yep yep, actually my lvl 6 heal only heals about 3 HP per cast :P (I have a STR Cleric)
    Mardia~OddPhive lvl 43 Brawler (Semi-Active)
    Mardia~MetalicPhive lvl 52 Bandit (Frozen)
    Scania~NenoPhive lvl 91 I/L MAGE (Frozen)
    Scania~SpellSword (SpeiLSword) lvl 40 STR Cleric (Frozen)

Thanks for correct me. Forgot to mention about that point too.
    "I need to work on My Grammar"

~MapleSEA, Bootes~
    *AFTER 3 YEARS OF QUITING, MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN HACK!*

~MapleSEA,Fornax~
    Nairfan - Magician - Lvl 16

Technically you both are correct. It is 300% of your health to heal a party, but only if you have the amount of int nexon designated for your level. For examplee if you hit 40 and need like 200 int (just an example) if you had less then 200 int you would not heal 300% if you had 200int + you would easily do 300%. that is for partying only, heal damage on undead is unknown to me because when i go to heal something i usually do more then 300% of my healh, not a little more, like a lot more. It is also not based on int because it would have to have a mastery, like other jobs have to get. you have to base the skill on something besides stats alone, or else the mastery will get messed up and you have to get a skill to fix it. It says 300%, and you may think its based on int, but 300% of your int is actually quite low compared to the damge you end up doing, and the amount you end up healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    YOU SUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    I can't believe it. I'm in a list!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

No it doesn't. But you should stock HP+ gear just so as to spam heal high level critters without MG.

Thx for all the info...though its kinda confusing >_>
    Well I can see the usefulness of hp+ gear so I can survive more attacks without MG. Right now I got a maple lamma staff, pig ribbion helm, and some scrolls to add hp to a cape, though I havent done that yet because ive been to lazy to get the raggy cape lol.
    My three Maplers

Fun Hard Quiz