Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Hackers

Default Guild Hackers

This is a Warning to all Guild's out there.
    One of my friends guild's got hacked and is now Masterless.
    The master was in the FM and got a message he quit the guild, and the other people got a message Fu`ckNexon left the guild. Because of the error, a Jr. Master becomes a Semi-Master (has some rights and privileges of a master, but not all, like can't disband guild). I am going to demote all Jr. Masters, and promote their extra noob characters just in case. Sleepywood has several threads about this:

Friends Guild
    Another Guild
    First Known Incidence
    Khain Mass Guild Attacks
    Yet Another Guild Attacked

This is mostly a warning to all guildmasters, be cautious especially in the FM (Lots of people, easy to target there).
    Its a sad day when Guild masters fear for their guilds.
    Useful quotes for all life.
    Spoiler!

Digimon!

Wow. Game's getting ridiculous and I'm more glad I quit than ever. That's seriously malicious and now legits will be afraid to mess with hackers, I guess. I'm sure that's their point.

It's probably crap, like most stuff that happens to 'a friend'. Unless someone experiences it first hand and has screenshots (I mean seriously, why didn't he screenshot it... I would have...) then I would say it's bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    It's probably crap, like most stuff that happens to 'a friend'. Unless someone experiences it first hand and has screenshots (I mean seriously, why didn't he screenshot it... I would have...) then I would say it's bull.
    ^

if it happened to this many people i'm sure there would be 'photo' evidence and they would also attack big & popular guilds like in khaini for example: Kami, Calamity etc (don't know popular guilds in other worlds =x)

I can show you the aftermath if you want, I'm a Jr. In the guild.
    It currently is a Guild without a Master.
    Useful quotes for all life.
    Spoiler!

Digimon!

Have you checked his IGN on the rankings? For example, what happens if you just delete your character if they're a guild master? Or did he (or someone on his account) move servers and there was a bug in the transfer process? I heard when you transfer a char that is a guild master, you can name a successor. Maybe this didn't work.

Like other people said, if this is a real hack then I'm sure they would target bigger guilds instead.

Um, there's lots of SS evidence that this can happen in the third link the OP gave... It shows the hacker's whispers to come to the FM, the expel messages that the hack gave, the guild conversation at the time, and then the aftermath: a glitched guild with a JM-master. Apparently, the JM-master was contacted by a GM about the glitch (with SS), but nothing happened, so he finally asked the hacker to expel him to fix the problem... which it did (with SS).

More than being a master and losing my guild, I fear being a JM and getting glitched to stay in a guild that can't invite members or make new JMs... Though it must suck for the masters and anyone who donated to lose all those mesos from making the guild... =/
    Spoiler!

Have you checked his IGN on the rankings? For example, what happens if you just delete your character if they're a guild master? Or did he (or someone on his account) move servers and there was a bug in the transfer process? I heard when you transfer a char that is a guild master, you can name a successor. Maybe this didn't work.

Like other people said, if this is a real hack then I'm sure they would target bigger guilds instead.
    There's a crapload of evidence available if you look around.

Well I didn't read any of the links anyway (too long) - have now though. It appears it's just glitches of some sort rather than hacking, but it seems that it's caused by letting someone into your guild who knows and activates the glitch.

Looks like we won't be adding anyone to our guild until this is sorted then. Don't want any of this crap happening. That would explain why the big guilds haven't been targeted much.

Well I didn't read any of the links anyway (too long) - have now though. It appears it's just glitches of some sort rather than hacking, but it seems that it's caused by letting someone into your guild who knows and activates the glitch.

Looks like we won't be adding anyone to our guild until this is sorted then. Don't want any of this crap happening. That would explain why the big guilds haven't been targeted much.
    Well, it doesn't really work that way. Apparently, from what I read, is that when they kick the leader out of the guild, a message appears saying "<Insert hackers name> has left the guild." instead of the guild master's name. They can also force themselves into your guild.

I'm probably wrong at some parts, this is all speculation. :o