Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiction

Lol =) Will definitely update.
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

*Double post*
    ...No one posted? T.T
    Spoiler!

Boo! ah well. I'm here (momentarily) to keep you company

Always looking for guildmates.

Fave series: Artemis Fowl, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Harry Potter, Leven Thumps, and er.... Hunting for others. Please recommend series. NOTE SERIES!!!!!

Goals!!!!
    30[x] 35[x] 40[x] 50[] 60[] 70[] 80+[]
    solo pap[] solo mm[x] solo zmm[] solo king slime[x] 1st mill[] max out buddies guild[x] get nx[]

Spoiler!

Same goes with me.

Why sank you~!

Chapter 3: School Ball
    "I don't really like this dress," I said, pointing at the black colored one.
    "Uh... the style is kinda nice, but the color sure isn't," Alex agreed, nodding his head. "What about we get a white one?"
    "That'd make me look like... a bride!" I complained, wrinkling my nose.
    Winking, Alex answered, "That'd be nice."
    Giving him a fake punch, I thought for a moment. Why not make the other girls jealous, while at this?
    "Um... fine. I'll get the white version of this dress, then."

In the changing room, I admired my dress. It was quite nice, with no frills and extra lacy materials; in fact, it was a perfectly plain white satin dress. It felt silky to the touch, and smelled of fresh cloth; it would cost Alex a bomb, but he didn't care about it anyway. According to him, so long as I was fine with it, he was as well. How nice. I walked out, and Alex visibly and audibly gasped. "You're..." Blushing, he turned away, unable to continue speaking; I had a rough idea of what he was going to say, but didn't want to suggest it in case I was wrong, and seemed overly proud to him. Pirouetting around, I made sure that I fully liked it before I went back in, changed out, and went over to a counter. A couple of hundred bucks; Alex dished it out without even blinking. After we'd headed out to the nearby fast food store, he finally admitted, "You know, this is the first time I'd splurged so much money at once... but it kinda feels good." We stared at each other for a few moments before Alex finally went picked up the PDA on the table and ordered the meals. Twenty minutes later, a robot delivered the burgers and fries, and we tucked in.

Halfway through the meal, there was a general commotion in the area, and Alex looked up from his study of the fries, his half eaten burger in his hands; two people who I knew all too well were examining us, and preparing to stand up. "Uh oh..." he muttered, and stood up. Whispering to me, he added, "Reika... you know who they are, don't you?" Nodding, I backed off slowly, and they advanced towards us. Cursing, Alex grabbed my hand, and started sprinting for the exit; at that very moment, I felt a spark, as if electricity was coursing through me, and my hand burned, but I decided to ignore it for the moment; helping Alex escape those girls were more important. If he were caught, I'd inevitably get drawn in as well, so might as well run.

The run back home took all of ten minutes, in which we covered around three kilometers; Alex wasn't sweating, but appeared really concerned, putting his hand on my back and asking, "Are you okay?" The area around my spine burned again, and I winced, causing Alex to reach out a helping hand. Before he could touch my arm, I raised a hand to signify that I was fine, and slowly headed towards the door to unlock it. Before I could, the girls caught up in a limo, and hopped out, with menacing looks on their faces. Groaning, Alex dragged me towards the back and pushed me up the ladder, somehow managing to scale the two meters while coiling the length of it. From below, the girls looked like small figurines, and I laughed. Another wince. I pulled up my sleeve, and examined my arm. There wasn't a single welt mark, meaning that that pain wasn't caused by force; however, I'd heard of people talking about metaphysical sparks that happened between two people attracted to each other. That pain had definitely been physical; furthermore, I couldn't imagine myself in a relationship with Alex. Could I?

Heading into the bathroom, I dipped myself into the tub and thought over the situation. Alex had asked me to a ball. That was curious, since I wasn't anyone, and he definitely didn't do it on the spur of the moment, seeing as how he was stuttering; he'd probably spent time practicing it before he verbalized it. I couldn't think of any reason why he'd put so much effort into it; after all, the only thing we had in common was all the regular stuff like being humans, and the only exception was that we sat beside each other, although our tables were separated. Thinking back, I tried to recall anything else that'd happened as being strange... oh. There was the detention; no regular guy would take a detention for someone he didn't know, and be so nonchalant about it. Then there was the two hundred dollar dress. Was I really mean to have taken it? I didn't even know where the money came from, and I felt as if I being mercenary. After all, my main motive was to make the other girls jealous, wasn't it? Of course, there was the strange way I felt after he'd taken the detention for me; then, I felt like he would be a good friend, but now... he was already a good friend now, and was even sleeping with me, but we weren't all that close. I inwardly sighed. Being a girl, I would definitely have an aptitude for sensing emotions and sympathize with them, often solving emotional problems myself, but despite any amount of denial, I was falling for him, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Standing before the gigantic wooden doors, I felt as if I was being judged by God himself. I began to feel doubtful about myself, and glanced blankly at the person standing beside me. Grimacing, he moved his right hand and pushed at the door. It wielded easily, and I felt his hands tense around mine. Strangely, there was no spark this time; had the synergy between us died out? Stepping into the gigantic ballroom that used to be a hall, I gasped. The roof was now somehow covered with ice crystals, as were the walls, which gave the whole area a glacial feeling to it. There were tables piled to the side, loving couples hugging and some even kissing, and I looked away, trying not to think about it. In the center of the roof was a gigantic chandelier, with candles carved from ice surrounding the light bulb; this formed the only source of light in the ballroom. The dance was scheduled to start soon, and I tried to ignore the stares of other people. Alex shuffled around uncomfortably, much unlike the charismatic side I knew. Looking at my reflection in a mirror at the side, I examined the dress; indeed, next to Alex, I looked like his bride, and that... somehow, I didn't feel revolted at that thought; any other boy but Alex, and it'd have been really bad. The boy beside me was wearing a black suit and pants, which gave him a mysterious air; the color was in stark contrast to the one he'd chosen for me, but it suited him... and this occasion.

An announcement was blasted over the loudspeaker: The dance was about to begin, so would everyone please head to the center, away from the tables. Alex moaned softly, and asked, "Have you ever danced before?" Shaking my head, I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, unable to articulate my question. Heaving a sigh of relief, he said, "Good. Because I haven't as well." His hand tightened around mine, the pressure offering some modicum of calm for me. The music started, and I shut my eyes. Time seemed to warp as I moved my feet to the rhythm; nothing existed for me except this, now, and I couldn't control my movements; it was as if my body itself were responding to the music. All as well; if it didn't, I'd embarrass both of us, big time. After some time, I got slightly tired, and Alex apparently sensed it, as he laughed and said, "Let's take a rest." Walking over to one of the tables, he picked up two martinis and passed one to me. Taking a few sips, I realized that my mouth was becoming acrid, feeling much like sandpaper; Alex gagged and commented, "Not to my taste. At all." Looking around, he sneaked to a corner and poured the alcohol into the drain.

Grabbing my hand, he dragged me out of the hall and into the courtyard, where wind was blowing hard. "I'll show you something," he whispered, and walked around the school perimeter, arriving at the backyard. Even in day, this place was darkened by the sheer amount of tree leaves, and would probably fit well in a haunted house. Alex's watch began to beep, but he turned it off and returned to the task of leading me to what he wanted me to see. A small path went into the woods, and he headed towards that; I asked, "You're not going... in there, are you?" Without answering, he took a few confident strides towards the place, and turned. Laughing, he assured, "Don't worry, I'll protect you." Rolling my eyes, I headed for the unused track and Alex fell into pace. The walk through the forest was really frightening, and I often thought that a pair of eyes were staring at us; more than once, Alex had to press on my hand to get me moving. The long grass on the ground bent to the sudden wind. The full moon offered no light at all, through the thick leaf cover and bats flitted above us, their eyes shining down, bodies silhouetted against the still forest canopy. Somehow, it felt wrong, contrasting with something I'd learnt before, but what it was, I couldn't remember. I felt really cold, and just then, Alex announced, "Here we are!" Stepping out, all my fears were instantly gone. The gigantic plateau stretched forever, and the stars let out brilliant glows, unable to be dimmed by the light of the moon anymore; indeed, they were like diamonds, shining down over the ground below, illuminating the small blades of grass. Alex took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders, and I felt sudden warmth that had nothing to do with the insulation of the sweater.

I was exhilarated at the splendid display of nature before me, and I stood there, stunned, unable to even identify any constellation at all. After a while, Alex cleared his throat, and I returned to earth, looking at him with an apologetic expression. His hair was windswept, although it still managed to retain the fringe, somehow; it was as if he were unchangeable by anything. I felt sudden resentment, a revulsion to the person standing beside me. He was so popular, and yet he chose me; was he trying to make trouble, now? Was he trying to make my life hard for me? I didn't want to hang out with a popular person; it would mean that we would be compared to each other, and I'd be subjected to a lot of attention as well; people might pull strings to get close to him, in which one of them would be me. Sighing, I looked down and absently plucked at the grass. A while later, Alex asked, "Penny for your thoughts?" Quickly, I answered, "You don't need to know." Perhaps the tone was a bit too strong or sharp, and he appeared hurt; it was the first time I'd ever seen him that way, and I regretted saying what I did. You idiot... just... face up to yourself, please. Do you truly hate him? Do you? Are you sure you do? After all, you've gone through the same thought process, and the conclusion you arrived at was... "Alex, I'm-" Curtly, he said, "There's no need to be sorry. I guess being popular has its disadvantages too." Turning, he started to move off, but when I called him, he stalled slightly. Looking at his back, I felt helpless, unable to formulate an argument that'd move him. I felt my heart clench, and tears fell down my cheeks. Alex turned his head slightly, and saw that I was crying; finally, he relented, and sat back down, patting my back.

Jr. Necki

I rarely ge ton the computer these days lol, darn good weather and school work, weather people say that we should make best of it as it could be our summer.

sigh

Thanks for the update

Update plawks! :D

I'm reading also, just to let you know :)

Now when you mean bomb

~~~~~~
    ( )
    ( )
    ''''''''''''''''''''''

Always looking for guildmates.

Fave series: Artemis Fowl, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Harry Potter, Leven Thumps, and er.... Hunting for others. Please recommend series. NOTE SERIES!!!!!

Goals!!!!
    30[x] 35[x] 40[x] 50[] 60[] 70[] 80+[]
    solo pap[] solo mm[x] solo zmm[] solo king slime[x] 1st mill[] max out buddies guild[x] get nx[]

Spoiler!

Again, sank you to everyone who commented!

Experimenting with the "stream of consciousness" style of writing now. Somehow, I don't like confessing everything to the readers. Feels odd. As of... now, like during the ball itself, I'm gonna put in Easter eggs as much as possible, and it's up to you to find them, and infer future plotlines.

Kinda like last time. Except it requires work this time.
    Spoiler!

he was already a good friend now, and was even sleeping with me, but we weren't all that close.
    Uhhh. erm. I have a dirty mind :D

Nice plot anyway, although I have a question: What's up with the girls chasing him? Do they want anything from him/are they mad at him for whatever...
    I don't know, tell me please, kthx ;)