Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everlasting rust

Gee. You should be a professional writer!
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Oh snap, what can this chapter be about!?

Chapter 4 : Another's view

Else where..

Way far up in the sky, the town of Ludibrium stood with the support of the Eos tower and Helios tower. The town center is full of visitors from other continents. Victoria Island, Ossyria, and Leafre to be specific. "Welcome! Ho ho ho!" The person welcomed a boy with open hands on the dock of the Ludibrium port. "Thanks .." the boy said. His hair under the red bandanna blew slightly with the wind, the red suit he wears showed signs of class. His jeans were loose and baggy. He carried a massive spear, curved into an Ω shape.

"Be sure to check out our gift store and our toy factory!" the greeter said on a megaphone. The boy sighed, he's been here plenty of times before. He's heard the same thing over and over, why do they bother?

"Now then.." he opened up a roll of paper, "Obtain.. Ludibrium medal.." he muttered, reading off what the paper had. The Ludibrium medal gave a person qualified entrance into Papulatus' room, deep inside the clocktower. However, many were discouraged in going there by the locals, some were even killed before they ever reached the room.

From what the legends say, it is forever guarded by two entities of evil. When they are defeated and if the person fails to kill Papulatus, they will respawn. Bound to an endless life to protecting the core of the clocktower.

"That's only a legend.." he said, walking down the streets of Ludibrium. It was a bright day, a never changing trait for the town. "Welcome!" Several of the natives greeted the visitors that came to their city. If the town wasn't made full of blocks, one would assume that this place was just like an actual city instead of a community bonded village. He wasn't here to accept hospitalities however, though he'd gladly grab a pillow to sleep after that ship ride he was just on. He'd have to kill the Gatekeeper, in order to complete the quest and obtain the Ludibrium medal.

As a fiend hunter, he was to kill the off springs of the greatest evil in the world, Horntail. So far, he's hunted down several noteworthy monsters. Mushmom, Blue Mushmom, Alishar, Ergoth, Jr. Balrog, all slayed by him. But of course, the existence of Horntail means these monsters are never actually killed, they will be reborn after a few months until Horntail is dead. Papulatus is one of those spawns of Horntail, it would also be the first one he attempts to kill that no one has succeeded before.

But why does he do this? For the fame? The wealth that these monsters leave behind? We're not so sure.

--

Squeak! A clockwork teddy bear is cut down the middle with a spear. "This spear seems to have gotten heavier.." he commented, he swung it around ferociously into another teddy bear. Disgustingly, it got stuck on one of the hooks on his omega shaped spear. "DAMN MAN!" He turned his head back, a hermit clad in blue clothes had his back against a toy block. There seems to be a cut on his shirt, his emerald green eyes stared straight into him. "YOU ALMOST KILLED ME THERE!" he screamed, shaking his Black Mamba at him. The boy placed a leg inside a chute, "I'll find a way to pay you back some other time, sorry." he jumped down inside. "Hell yeah you're paying me back, in a stack of mesos!" The hermit jumped down the chute after him.

"Hah.." the boy landed on a toy block. The room was a lot darker, conveyor belts can be seen transporting toys that would soon become living monsters. The Ludibrium officials don't know about this of course, oddly enough. He leapt down and continued down the next chute, it looked exactly the same as the room before. An archer was shooting at panda bear dolls with energized arrows. "Got one!" he said, the boy shrugged and went on down to the next chute.

His feet touched the blocks that were in an even darker room. He brushed himself and suddenly heard something behind him. "aaaaaaagh!!" Thoomp! "Rgh... my head.." the boy was face first into the floor, something was on his back, rather heavy too. "What the..!" He lifted himself off, the hermit from before toppled off his back. "hugh, wha- AHA!" He pointed his finger at the boy, "I finally caught up to you!" he said. The boy face palmed himself, "You had haste, was it THAT hard to get to me? And for what, mesos!?" He grabbed his spear off from the floor and turned around to get on his way.

The hermit appeared in front of him, "Not true, but you'll have to pay me back some way." The boy went around him, "I don't have much mesos with me, I'll get them from my storage later." The hermit placed a hand on his shoulder, "Then I'll have to follow you till you give them to me." The boy groaned in frustration, "Fine, if you want to get yourself killed, come. It'll be one less problem for me to deal with.." That being said, he leaped down from the platform. It was then that he realized he felt faster, wind breezed by his feet. "I'll have you finish whatever you're doing first, let's be quick with it!" the hermit shouted from above and jumped down.

The two traveled to an empty area, completely devoid of any platforms besides the one they were standing on. "Let's get on down." the boy said. "Wait a second," the hermit grabbed him before he moved, "where do you plan to go?" The boy said it clearly, "Gatekeeper". The hermit's jaw dropped, "WHAT THE.. ARE YOU RETARDED!? " "Yes I know. If you're scared, you can leave me alone.", the boy said. But the hermit shook his head, "THANATOS IS SO MUCH EASIER TO KILL, WHY WOULD YOU GO TO GATEKEEPER!?"

The boy stared, his patience about to run out. "And what would you know about this?" he said. The hermit quieted down, "Well, a few months ago, I was in a Papulatus party." The boy looked surprised, "Really? A person sincere enough to let someone annoying like you in their party?" "THAT'S NOT THE POINT!" the hermit screamed, "Well, I wish that person and everyone else were still here.." he muttered, "We did kill Thanatos, we felt that we could destroy Papulatus too."

His head dropped, "But I guess we got too overconfident.." The boy was silent, "And how did you get out?" The hermit looked at him. "A return scroll, my scared self told me to use a damned return scroll! 'Ditch these losers, you've got a life to live!' it said!" Time passed, seconds went. The boy spoke up, "Well, I'm going to go kill Papulatus too. If you plan to come or not, it's your decision. I'm not forcing you." The hermit took a look at him and sneered at him, "I have to, because you owe me mesos!" he laughed afterwards. "Unbelievable.. " the boy said, he jumped out of the platform and down into the air. "HEY, WAIT FOR ME!" the hermit said as he jumped along behind him.

They landed hard on the floor. Several of the people below were startled to see these two fall from above. The boy picked up the hermit, who's face was planted onto the floor. "You alright..?" he trailed off. "Yeah, the name is Clyde, your's?" The boy hesitated a bit, "Yun, a dragonknight and the son of Yuan Shao." Clyde blinked, "Yuan Shao? That name sounds important." Yun sighed, "Let's just go.." he mumbled.

They arrive to a chaotic place, full of spiritual residue and toy blocks no one ever used before for structures. The monsters have made their home in this desolate place deep in the clocktower, it's like the basement of an unused theater. "Stay on your toes." Yun said and continued down, Clyde initiated haste and jumped down, throwing 2 Ilbi stars at a ravaged teddy bear with a ghost on its back. The stars sliced off its arms and it flopped over, the spirit vanished as well.

"You're pretty slow aren't you?" Clyde said as he flash jumped his way down to the exit, "Don't you wish you had haste now?" he jeered and stuck a tongue at Yun. He jumped down to the most bottom platform and flash jumped his way over the bears and towards the exit. Big mistake.

"Kyaaaaa!" "Watch out!!" Bmph!! He jumped straight into a figure that just materialized from the exit portal. Clyde flipped over and crashed into the floor, the person from before skidded across the floor and went unconscious. Yun landed on the ground and walked over to the hermit, "It seems that your face likes the feeling of floors." he joked, recounting the many times he have collided into the ground. "Hey! You're not so perfect yourself!" he refuted.

Yun was about to make a witty comment, but could see a shadowy figure farther away. "Clyde," Yun began to speak, "What exactly did you bump into? he questioned him. "Oh, some moron walked straight into me when I was on my way to the exit." He growled, "Hopefully I did him a fair share of what I felt, that son of a.."

Yun ran over to the person in question, in his shock it was a girl. A familiar one, if you asked him. She laid on the floor breathing heavily, her robe was dirtied from the dust on the floor. Her blue hair was spread out, her hat have fallen off. Her body was sprawled on the floor. Yun gulped, if he had the same morals as Clyde, he might have to consider this a very tempting situation. Clyde walked by, "Who's the moron that I.." his eyes widened. "Woah, she's pretty!" Yun took out his bag and began feeling around inside, "Don't even think about it." he said. Clyde frowned, "Oh please, what in the world makes you think I would do that?" He took another look at the girl, "Though I must admit, she's got nice curves" he noted.

Ignoring him, Yun took out a purple potion and knelt down. "Nngh.." she muttered as he picked up her head and fitted the bottle in her mouth, the liquid started flowing inside until it was drained completely. "There, wake up now." he tapped her lightly on the cheeks. Slowly, she opened her eyes, a blush came over her face as soon as she saw Yun's face. "Um..." she flustered, "I-I think I remember you.." Yun nodded, "Yes, you're that Priscilla girl from a few months back at Leafre.." She sat up and looked at him once more. "Ah.. Yun was it?" she giggled. "Hm, yeah. Glad to see you remember." he said, she nodded in response. "Yep."

"Yun!! You didn't tell me you knew a cute girl like her!" Clyde complained, Priscilla blushed once again. "Unn.." Yun stepped forward, "Clyde, Priscilla. Priscilla, Clyde." He shifted his eyes towards Clyde's, "He's my accomplice." Clyde scowled, "No! You just owe me mesos! Nothing more, nothing less!" He turned towards Priscilla, "Great meeting you." he said. She trembled nervously, ".. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Clyde." Yun sighed, poor girl. To her, being around this idiot was like placing a cat near a dog pound. Utter stupidity and extreme fear at the same time.

"You're going to be alright, so you should head back up." Yun said. Prisicilla stood up and dusted herself. "Actually, I was here for training monsters. I realized I ran out of mana potions so I went back to get some.. ah!" she fell on her side. "Hey! You alright?" Clyde asked, Yun examined her closely.

"Wait, don't move." he said. He went over and crouched down, he placed his spear down on the floor. "Y-Yun.. What are you..?" she asked. Yun lifted up the bottom of her robe. "YUN!! Please don't!" she closed her eyes, her face red with embarrassment. Clyde stared at her legs, a spittle of drool formed at the edge of his mouth. "Nice .." he remarked.

"Just hold still, stop fidgeting." Yun said. Priscilla let out a whimper. A few seconds passed, her knee was being rubbed with a liquid. "There, try walking now." He placed a bottle back inside the bag. Puzzled, she felt that her knee wasn't hurt anymore. She stood up and the bottom of the robe fell down. Clyde pouted, "Aw.." Priscilla took a few steps, though wavering a bit. "I see.. Thank you Yun!" she smiled, "I'll have to find a way to repay you some day.."

Yun shook his head, "It's alright." but she continued on, "Ah I know! I'll come with you, you need a priest don't you?" Clyde's eyebrow twitched, "Oh my, a priestess! The symbol of beauty and purity! I may have just fallen in love with you!" he smirked. She gasped and once again, shades of red appeared on her face.

"Well, that is true.." he said, picking up his spear, "I do need a priest to heal me.." He thought about this, he didn't want her to get injured anymore. But that seemed silly, she IS a priestess after all. "Fine, but you'll need to buy some more mana potions, so stock up well." Priscilla nodded, "Yes sir, Yun sir!" she laughed. "Haha, yeah! I'll come too if I can get 50% of the share." Clyde said. Yun sighed in frustration, "Ugh, alright. I don't really care about the mesos but if you come, whatever you gain from here is to pay my debt to you, got it?" Clyde jumped up in the air, "Hell yes! No problem!" he snickered to his good fortune.

"Now then, we have to go back to buy mana potions." Yun said. Priscilla nodded, "Yes, let's go." Clyde rubbed his hands together, "Right, right." Yun grabbed his spear, "Follow me!" ~

I didn't ditch the other plot, don't worry.

Tense error here and there, but otherwise, another fantastic piece.

On a side note, the HS forumite-writers should try writing a collaborative piece. Will be interesting, but that is if all the writers are free.
    Spoiler!

What errors might they be? It'd be nice if you give constructive criticism at least.
    That depends really, I have a feeling not all of us would agree on the same things.

Chapter 5 : What's going on?

"3,600,000 mesos please." the storekeeper "Toly" said. The group was in the middle of two roads, both leading to the same destination but dangerous nonetheless. "That should do it." Yun said, picking up the boxes full of bottles of potions and town return scrolls from the counter. "Why do I have to pay!?" Clyde exclaimed, "You should be the one paying back!" Yun replied, "If you don't pay, you won't even get 1% of the drops we find." Priscilla blinked on, watching the two fight over who's going to pay for the potions. "OK, FINE." Clyde took a bundle of mesos from his shirt pocket and slammed it on the counter whereas Toly jumped in fear. "T-thanks.. mister. Please shop again.." he squeaked out, Clyde gave him a scorn look.

"Thank you, both of you.." Priscilla bowed her head down. Yun heaved the items and distributed them among the three, "You don't need to show any formalities." he dumped the empty boxes on the floor, "You're helping me in something you're not involved in." He laughed to himself, "Of course, it's better than traveling with him there." he said looking towards Clyde, who was arguing with Toly. "Hey, hey." Yun walked over towards Clyde. "-nd what are you going to do? Throw your bottles at me? Hah!" Clyde took an Ilbi out, but was ultimately stopped by Yun's crushing grip on his ear. "Hey!! AUGHH LET GO!"

And like that, they left the area and into the portal where Mr. Bouffon stood, his eyebrow raised as he saw Yun pull Clyde by the ear into the portal. Priscilla followed behind them and she noticed him. She waved at him and smiled, entering the portal like that. "What a weird group." he said.

-

They were back in the same area they were in 18 minutes ago. Ignoring Ghost hunter Bob welcoming them, Yun made his way down the platforms, his dirty shoes made a squeak with each step. Phwoo phwoo phwoo! He destroyed a teddy bear with 3 strikes of draconic force. He'll have to exercise his skills, he'll have to expect a long fight later on with the wretched Papulatus and its guard, Gatekeeper. He did not want to feel any sort of sores during the fight with those two. Priscilla fired off an arrow of holy light into a bear, Clyde finished it off with an Ilbi star to the face. Yun couldn't help but feel worried, because this was the first time he began having thoughts of doubt in his campaign against these despicable spawns.

Horntail spawns are technically monsters who have been corrupted with the Horntail's evil influence. It stretches upon the entire world, far across continents and deep into the ground, so that one day greater monstrosities of what they already were can be formed to wreak havoc on the world. They grow to humongous proportions and wield far stronger powers. There are many ways to deal with these spawns, but unless the root of all these are killed, it will infest another monster and the entire cycle will continue again. And in order to keep the world from being overrun with these fiends, they must be hunted whether the inhabitants of this world want to or not. A totally unfair battle if you look at it one way or another.

Tick tock, tick tock.

The next area was filled with the sounds of a clock of some sort. Klocks walked around aimlessly, the large clocks on their head sprouted tall like a small tree. "These things look butt ugly." Clyde commented. Yun walked on, leaping down from the toy blocks and platforms. He jumped off from a rope and the omega spear went straight into the clock's head, a cuckoo bird shifted out twice and the entire thing disintegrated. "Wait for me!" Priscilla shouted from above. Her figure appeared before him, she took a quick breath with hands on her knees. "You're going too fast.. I can't catch up.." she said. Yun turned around, where was Clyde? He can see flashes of light from above, could that be him? Was that moron getting himself attacked? Priscilla noticed it too, "Do you think that can be him?" Yun shrugged, "I don't know, but let's check it out.." He jumped back up on the rope and started a long climb, Priscilla followed from behind.

"Amazing, amazing!" the faint voice can only be Clyde's. The two began to climb faster, it was then that Clyde noticed them and waved. Another person stood there, but in a blink of an eye, he.. or she disappeared.
    Clyde held up a steel knife, "I found a set of Steelys!" he laughed whole heartedly. Priscilla clapped her hands together, "Wonderful! Good fortune seems to be with you Clyde." she said in excitement. Yun was not listening at all, who was that person?

"Clyde, who were you with just now? Yun asked. Clyde stopped spinning the steely by its fabric and placed it inside his Black Mamba, "Oh, her beauty captivated you did it?" he jeered. Yun put a bewildered look on his face, it could have just been the clothes but that person really was a girl? "No," he said with that person in mind, "if that's so, is she a Chief Bandit?" Clyde nodded, "Yes, she is.." a few seconds passed before his body suddenly snapped straight, "OH! I SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!" Priscilla placed a hand on his arm, green fragments of magic enclosed itself around his arm and broke off into the air. "Agh, right. Thanks." he muttered, wincing from the injury he got healed. She bowed politely, "You are most welcome." she responded.

"If possible, a Chief Bandit can make this a whole lot easier." Yun said to himself. He asked Clyde, "Where is she now?"

"Right here." Yun turned around to see who spoke. "Ah..!" Priscilla gasped, startled with this person being behind her. It was indeed a girl, but Yun felt himself shudder. The black clothes she's wearing, the gloves she have on, the daggers in her hands. Even if he didn't know her face, her equipment would speak for themselves. "You're the Flash pillager... Selene!!" He took up his spear and charged after her with the intent to kill. "Wait! Yun!" Priscilla shouted.

CLANG, the spear felled a wooden dummy. It plopped on the floor and vanished. "A.. fake?" Yun muttered in between breaths. "Nn...HARGHHH!" He reacted sharply towards the sound behind him with a roar at the top of his lungs. A purple burst of force blasted outwards, a dragon's head appeared and shook the floor. "W-WOAH, YUN!!" Clyde jumped and hung on a rope, "Control yourself!! Stop it!" The trembling of the area ripped cracks into the blocks. Klocks were blown away and fell to the bottom with a terrible crash. He heard an object crash to the bottom platform behind him. ".. I thought you'd be a lot more powerful Selene," Yun said, "to be able to kill my father, but I guess that I was wron-"

It was then a shriek of terror snapped him out of his monologue, that was Priscilla! "Pr-Priscilla!?" He turned around, it was indeed Priscilla. She was clinging on to the platform with one hand, "Yun!!" she cried out in fear. It wasn't her after all, he thought. He knelt down and quickly grabbed hold of her other hand, but felt a foot behind his back. It was then that he heard a voice he remembered before, a voice that have filled itself in his head and summed all the reasons of his nightmares after the death of his father. It was her.. "Sorry," Selene said softly "thank you for taking care of my brother, but this is the only way." Brother? Was she talking about Clyde?

Thmph.

And with that, he was pushed over along with Priscilla into the mass of dead Klocks that awaited them at the bottom of the platform, to join their company in hell. -

Yes I noticed she's upside down, I got lazy, that's all I can say.

What a short chapter.. -shrug-

@.@

That was short? Refer to my first fanfic plox.

Anyway, good one. No mistakes this time, great content. Leaves me kinda hanging, actually =)
    Spoiler!

Jr. Necki

Nice update peep

Chapter 6 : Repayment

"Iyahhhhhhh!!"
    "Aughh!!"

"Nnrgh.... hagh!.." In an act of what seems to be a miracle, Yun managed to grab hold of a different platform and Priscilla's hand at the same time. Her hand was covered with sweat, both of their hands were. "Why are you.. so heavy..!" He groaned in exhaustion. Both of his arms felt like they were ripping out of their tendons, would he be able to make it out of this intact?

It was a good thing that Priscilla fainted right after, but now it was even harder to try getting back up from the platform. He felt his fingers slipping.
    That damned Selene, "I swear, if I ever get out of this alive..." he vowed silently to himself. Another finger lost its grip on the toy block. "Damnit..!" he cursed out. The fall wasn't as great as before, they can both survive from a height like this. But with Priscilla knocked out, she was prone to more risks than him. There was only one way to do this..

The tension on his arms went over the limit, he let his fingers slip as they fall towards the remains of Klocks that have fell from platforms before them. Quickly, he grabbed her entire body and twisted himself to put him on the bottom. "If only I wore my armo-" CRASH! His body collided with the rough Iron Oak wood of the Klocks with the force of a speeding car. Dust erupted from the area of impact. Yun was pressed by the force of the fall and Priscilla's weight against his chest. He has made a bad choice.

"O-ow.." His mouth was wide open in reaction towards the pain of having something impale his shoulder. The top portion of his body apparently fell straight on top of a Klock's bottom jaw. "No.. wait.." He sighed in relief to see Priscilla was not harmed in any way. Her body rolled off of him, the stinging pain on his chest must have came from the fall. His sternum was pretty much broken by Priscilla's bosom, a very awkward cause of trauma if you asked him. He coughed hard, blood came out of his mouth. His breathing grew faster, this was something he had felt in the past, right after his father was killed. Could it be that he's panicking? With all the strength he had, he lifted up his arm and tried to reach out for Priscilla's bag. "The.. return scrolls.." he choked out.
    Darkness claimed his vision, the agony and fatigue overtook his now still body.

~

"He is in stable condition, thanks to your healing magic. But what we are here for is to.."
    Yun can only hear faint voices chattering about. Where could he be?

"Still, we saved his life!"

Better yet, what were they talking about?

"I.. I suppose so, if that is what we can do to show our thanks.."

That was Priscilla's voice just now wasn't it?

His eyes opened, "Agh..!" he closed them immediately to shield his eyes from the brightness of the sun. His eyes haven't seen light for a while now, it was only natural to have his eyes hurt by the sun. Shwick! The light was gone, the window curtains have blocked out the sun. "Ah.." he mumbled. "Yun! You're awake!" He can feel the warmth of this embrace around his neck. Slowly, he opened his eyes to see that it was indeed her. "Priscilla..?"

Gasps around the room were made. "M-miss! His shoulder is still injured greatly, Do show concern for his health!" Priscilla pouted towards the man in a medical outfit. "I am showing concern for his health, if you can't see!" He just said something about his shoulder, didn't he? Now that he mentioned it. "Ack!.. OW, ow!" he winced in discomfort. The pain in his shoulder grew ten folds when she hugged him. She got off of him, tears glistening in her eyes, "I'm so glad.. "

It seems that he was in a hospital. There were several people in this room, some looked like hospital personel.. "Ahem, yes. I am Geraltz Randolph, the head technician in the Enhanced Engineering Labs of Omega Sector.." Yun blinked, Geraltz ordered the nurses and doctors out of the room. This man in the white suit didn't seem like a bad person, what baffled him was his appearance. He looked pretty young to be the head technician of this.. Enhanced something lab. Yun sat up, freeing the built up tension on his back. It didn't hurt as much as he thought. Geraltz turned towards the other two people beside him. A well built man with several wrenches underneath his sleeveless vest, a woman in a white suit just like Geraltz with glasses to top off her attire, both were just as young as Geraltz too. "These are my aids, Hayden and Ellen." The two bowed politely, "Nice to meet you." Hayden said to him. Ellen nudged her glasses upward, "A pleasure to meet you as well." she said. Yun nodded to the both of them, who were these people?

"I can only assume that you are confused with us being here today." Geraltz said to him. "Yes, where are we?" Yun asked him, noticing the room's features different from Ludibrium's. "We found both of you on the pile of.. vile monsters in the Ludibrium clock tower when we were examining the area for time fragments." Hayden spoke up, "We were told by the officials to scrap the Myrmidon project and focus on the next activity we had on our list." Priscilla placed hand under her chin, "What exactly is this Myrmidon project you're talking about?"

Geraltz walked off near the door, "A combination of all the failures we have gained through out the years.. You'll find out soon enough.." he said coldly. It seems bringing up this "Myrmidon project" was a bad idea after all. As if she read my mind, she nodded in silence.

"Now then, to answer your question," Geraltz turned back towards me, "You may have not noticed this yet, but we are in Omega Sector. The country of breakthrough discoveries and supreme weaponry technicians, I lead both groups of scientists and engineers. Hayden is the best mechanic in the country, Ellen can be considered as the scientist who designed the Warp capsules." Yun and Priscilla were puzzled, warp capsules? Were they something important? "To prove that, we have administered a **** straight into your spine, it should be finished rejuvenating it at this very second." Ellen urged Yun, "Go ahead, try to lean back."

Yun fell back on the bed hesitantly. To his astonishment, it really didn't hurt anymore! "A-amazing!" he exclaimed. "The healing magic from.. What is your name again?" Geraltz said, pointing towards Priscilla. "Priscilla.." "Yes, well. Your magic was apparently unable to restore dead body tissues that have been damaged too deep into the internal body organs, they in fact hurt the person bearing them." he told her. Priscilla was aghast. "Eh!?"
    "No need to feel discouraged young miss, it is very beneficial none the less." Geraltz said, "But let us continue with the main problem, your shoulder can not be restored for some reason. Ellen?"

Ellen brought up the briefcase and opened it, she took out a vial of crimson liquid. "This is the blood sample we took near your puncture wound." she shook it lightly, "Your shoulder was infected with a black substance, most likely a residue from the clock creature. It interferes with the healing energies from Priscilla and rejects the same **** we used for your spine."

Yun couldn't believe what he had just heard. "But if what you're saying is true, I can't use my arm then?" Hayden pointed at Yun's right shoulder. Yun can see that there was something there, he placed his hand inside his shirt and felt around. "Oh.." Priscilla turned around half way face red. Yun took off his shirt to see what it was he just touched. "What the hell is this!?" He shouted out, pointing at the metal casing stuck inside his puncture wound. "That's an ACM-Biostimulator." Hayden informed him, "With the mana substance, it regulates the flow of blood and the likes. Without it, you wouldn't have been able to even lift your right arm!"

"We also managed to heal and add a Vanadium case support on your chest. We've basically saved your life, that's what he is trying to say." Ellen clarified. Yun slid his shirt back on, the protruding... Biostimulator made him sick. "As you are different from us, you can store mana in your body. You just need to have a sufficient amount in your body to have it running normally." Ellen told him, "No need to worry about pouring the fluid from mana potions into the ACM-Biostimulator itself."

Yun had nothing else to say. Silence overcame the room. What did he do to deserve this, really? Could he still fight?
    "Ah!" he cried out, "My omega spear!" It was still back there in the clock tower, where he was pushed off by her... "Ah, that is right." Geraltz pulled out a piece of paper with writing on it, he gave it to Yun. It read in bold letters, 'Omega Sector experimental weapons vault access code : 36358' "You do not have to worry about any sort of monetary issues," Geraltz spoke quietly to him, "but because we helped you in your time of need, we expect you to do this one favor for us."

"What might that be?" Yun asked him. Priscilla's head went down upon hearing. "You see, we have been in constant battle with the Rowland colony's rebel forces. They are very much like you, the mana in their bodies are used to perform many blasphemic skills." He coughed and continued, "We designed the Myrmidon units. They are capable of destroying armies and shake the world down to its core." Yun was wide eyed, "That sounds like a big deal, why haven't I felt any tremors then?" Geraltz let out a sigh, "That is because the situation as it is now, only one is operating right now. It has gone rogue, casting itself away from Omega Sector's alliance to join that, foolhardy group.."

"But what do you want me to do then?" Yun asked. "We need you to capture that Myrmidon. Disable it, destroy it, any way you want to do it. Just bring it back to Omega Sector as soon as you're finished." Yun had no choice. He was in debt to them, he had to repay them for saving his life. "Ok then, fine. I'll do it." he sat up from the bed. Geraltz handed him a blue object, "Here, hold on to this warp capsule. You will need it if you are to bring it back." Yun took the warp capsule from his hands, scrutinizing it closely. He wasn't impressed at all by the design. "Be sure to go prepare yourself with some of the weapons we have available, Hayden will lead you to it."

"... When do I start?" Yun asked him, nervous about the situation he's got himself into. Yet, he was itching to fight. "Anytime is good, but that is up to you." Geraltz opened the door, "Well, I wish you best of luck. You'll be rewarded handsomely when finished." Ellen waved to the three inside and left, closing the door behind them.

"Can you walk?" Priscilla asked Yun. What a good question, he thought to himself. "He should be able to, not much damage was done to the legs." Hayden crossed both his arms and sat on a chair, Yun got out of the bed and jumped up. The Biostimulator on his chest felt a bit heavy, but other than that it was barely noticeable at all for him. His chest felt weird too, they did say that it was given 'support' or something right?
    Hayden watched him walk a few steps, "Good, now I will take you to the Enhanced Engineering Lab itself, we'll fit you with stuff that you'll need."

"Yeah, sure." Yun muttered. Priscilla clutched his hand, "I'm coming too, you're not leaving without me!" Yun had nothing to protest with her, her soft hands gripped on to his, he knew saying 'no' wouldn't change her mind. "Alright, but please," he mumbled on the last bit "stay by my side." She put a smile on her face, the first time he's seen her happy since this freak accident. "You got it."

The two walked past Hayden and heard the door close behind them. The hallway was quiet, it was only the three of them there.

no pikchurr, sorz.

I'll try to make up for this crappy chapter later on in the week. Been grinding my fighter like a madman.

Heh, thanks for the chapter! *thumbs up*
    Spoiler!

Jr. Necki

Good chapter, im tired xd