Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Everlasting rust

Chapter 7 : Assault

3 weeks passed since the Myrmidon's outburst in the Enhanced Engineering Lab, it has become a desolate place far out in the outskirts of Omega Sector. The building itself emitted an eerie appearance, what was once the factory of wicked technological horrors now lay empty with numerous damage seen on the outside. "This is the old Enhanced Engineering Lab, it has been abandoned a few weeks ago." Hayden informed both Yun and Priscilla. "It's a burnt place, but our collection of all our developments for war laid untouched." Yun took a quick sip on a bottle of Mana, in order to keep his Biostimulator functioning correctly. "Developments for war.. You mean weapons right?"

Hayden shrugged, "There can be anything there.." Priscilla whimpered at the sight of this abandoned facility.

The group approached the front of the building, the door lay smashed open on the floor. Seems someone was impatient to leave. "Do be careful, the gun turrets around here may pop up every once in a while. Be prepared." Both Yun and Priscilla nodded. Without a weapon, he could only rely on his own strength as of now. Until they get to this "vault" at least.

Yun looked closely towards the center of the room, there seems to be a small crack on the floor topping off the black, bulky metal under it. Closer inspection revealed that there were a few wires under that plate of metal. Hayden noticed the piece of metal there, he went over and picked it up from the floor. "Ah, forgot to give in this piece." He said under his breath. Priscilla watched him skeptically and went on towards the next room.

"My goodness.." she gasped in shock, numerous amount of robots lay destroyed on the floor. Smashed, slashed, stabbed, scorched, decimated in one way or another. "What could have happened here?" she walked on in disgust. The stench of melted Zirconium plates filled the air after all this time, it was a terrible smell. "Mm.. yeah. These have apparently failed to eliminate that Myrmidon unit that escaped from this area. The government decided to leave these scraps here to rust." "How awful.." Yun mumbled. One of these Myrmidon units can take down all of these robots, impressive but could he measure up to that sort of power and ferocity? It was one of those things in life where you had little to no chance in overcoming situations like these. And quite frankly, he hated it.

On the lighter note, at least there is a chance. But how?

"This way, don't follow that route." Hayden directed them to the other path with a staircase, the other passage was too dark to see up ahead. Up the staircase they went, they reached a hall way with lights flickering on and off in short bursts. It was a murky place, the ceiling was in dire need of repairs. Water leaked through and plopped on to the puddles formed by them. They stopped near the only door in the hall way. A massive one at that.

"Here we are.." Hayden pressed in a few numbers on the number pad placed beside the door. It creaked as the cogs turned to open the way to the vault. Half way through however, it stopped with a final groan on the gears. "I guess this is good enough, let's go inside." Hayden said to them as he squeezed inside. Priscilla and Yun followed suit, getting inside without a problem.

"Get only things that you can carry." Hayden suggested as he took a little gadget from the shelf and placed it around his ear. Priscilla wandered off to take a look at things. Battle armor with Terramold substitute material were stocked on hooks and racks, all of them unused. They were as light as a spring time jacket, but produced enough protection to greatly lower the impact of kinetic force. One can survive a speeding bus with this thing on. She took one off the rack and held it closely to herself. It had a sleek, slippery feel to it but looked pretty plain. It wasn't designed to make a fashion statement apparently.

Yun walked right on over to the "Confiscated weapons" area of the vault, to his surprise, a pile of Zards and Evil Wings lay discarded on the floor. "These were taken from the Rowland members when we defeated them. No one is sure how they can wield them with great skill, but when we tried them they were considered inferior in our standards." clarified Hayden, "There is one thing that might interest you though." he lead Yun further in the back of the room. A door opened up, inside stood what seems to be a pair of gauntlets with two large daggers on the side. They were sealed inside a transparent plastic box.

"These were things we made a few months back. Model III Sync-edges or as I'd like to call them, Brutal-edges." He walked near and placed a hand on the plastic screen itself. Woom! It was lifted up and exposed the Brutal-edge to the air around it. "Try them on, they won't bite." Yun was mesmerized, the gauntlets had a large gem embedded on the sides as the gauntlets themselves had a thin plating of Tyraloid alloy, extra durable against hard surfaces. The blades looked somewhat intricate from the usual swords these days. As expected from Omega Sector, they used the same Tyraloid alloy base for the blade itself. The handle used smooth Cortam, in other words the material of an Electrophant's tusk. They also had a gem placed on the end of the handle, glowing red slowly as it began to reactivate itself. The gauntlets were a good fit on his hands, "Woah!" Yun stepped back as the Brutal-edges flew into his hands.

"The gloves that you're wearing discharge invisible waves of energy that bonds it to the motion of your hands. Swing your left arm forward with your palm in the open." Yun was confused with his instructions, if he opened his hands, wouldn't that drop the Brutal-edge? He freed the left blade, it fell on to the metal floor with a heavy clang. Doing as he was told, he "slapped" the air in front of him. The dagger flew off the floor and sailed into the air horizontally in the same path his hand went. CHOP! White smoke erupted from the ripped pipe nearby and the blade landed on the floor, sliding across it till it stopped. "Put more tension into your hand, the gloves will emit a stronger link path into your palm.

"I got it." Yun stretched his hands outwards, it once again flew from the floor and straight towards his hand. He caught it effortlessly. "This is pretty cool, but I think I'd be more suitable with a spear or even a metal rod if you have one here." he protested. Hayden only looked at him closely in the eye, "No, you'll do good with it. Don't worry." Yun groaned as he lifted these objects up. They were so different from a spear, would he be able to make good use of them? Hayden's eyes inspected the entire room, "Let's head on back, I think we are done here." he finally said to Yun. They both left the room and slammed the door behind them. Yun smirked, he was hoping he'd come back here one day.

Clop, clop, clop, clop, clop..

Hayden took out a rifle from his back, "We're not alone.." "What!" Yun whispered furiously, "Who could it be!?" Hayden shrugged, "Let's get Priscilla and leave this place, quick."

The two ran out and began looking around the different sections of the massive vault. Clop, clop, clop! That noise was getting louder, it seemed like footsteps too. There really were other people here. "Priscilla.." Yun ran as fast as he could, where could she be? "Come on.. give us a hint.." he whispered to himself. Ping! "Augh!" The two stopped dead in their tracks, there were sounds of fighting behind them. "There's one of them! Open fire!" That voice, definitely someone unknown. "L-leave me alone..!" That was her! "Let's go!" Yun slapped both of the Brutal-edges together and pulled Hayden along as they ran back towards the entrance. "Yeesh! You're going too fast Yun!"

"Argh!" Ping! Ping! "Where the hell is she firing those arrows from!?" "Someone! My leg!" Cries of anguish can be heard as well as the high pitched sounds of what seems to be.. "Lasers! These guys are firing lasers! But for people to actually get this technology, they'd have to be from.."

They arrived to the scene near the massive half opened door, and were shocked to discover men holding guns inside. More were squeezing inside the room, all of them wore the same uniform and such. They faced towards Yun and Hayden. "Th-there! It's the dragonknight and.. Lead mechanic Hayden?" one soldier blurted out, a tone of surprise at the end when mentioning Hayden. Another voice can be heard from the back on the other side of the door, "We're supposed to get everyone here and kill them, even Hayden."

"What..!?" Hayden shouted out in response to this, "What's going on here!?" Yun noticed one soldier taking aim with the rifle at hand. Instantly, he dived towards Hayden and both of them toppled behind a shelf housing several burnt folders and documents. "Fire at once!" One hollered. With that, beams of hot Power Crystal energy shot out of their Dorian maser rifles. "We are lucky these shelves are made of Tyraloid sheets too." Hayden remarked. Yun sighed, "Typical, I guess."

"In any case, why am I being hunted?" Hayden mumbled. Yun shrugged, "Why are they trying to kill us in the first place?" Hayden peered over the shelf for a brief second "I hate to say this, but we have to bring them down. Because they won't listen to my command, they won't stop until we are shot dead." Yun nodded with a grave face, "I understand.." Now is the time to take the Brutal-edges to the test.

"Hold on, I'll try to distract them for you to go up ahead, you should have no trouble dealing with them. Brutal-edges are made for this type of combat, it'll come to you naturally." With that, Hayden placed a hand inside his bag, "Aha, get ready Yun." He took out a little black box object and pressed a few buttons on it. He chucked it across the firing zone and into the mass of soldiers, he turned back around and dived straight to the back of the shelf. "You morons! We're too close together!!" BOOM! A burst of white light surrounded the room. "Aughh! My eyes!!!"

Hayden dusted himself, "Yun, go for it now." Yun charged into the room, "Release the tension in the arms and.. SWING!" he slashed the air with his hands, releasing the blade as it sliced through the air. A multitude of screams filled the air, blood splattered across the area as the blades cut through the cotton fabric of their uniforms and effectively sever their flesh and bones in one stroke. Four fell with dismembered body parts, all while wailing on about their disrupted eyesight. A pathetic death, to be exact.

A man dressed in a dirty soldier uniform watched on from behind the large door, a little radio at hand close to his mouth. "Command central, command central. Can you hear me? We can not engage the enemy without suffering many casualties.. Effective for the second method of attack, over." He peered into the room again. Yun delivered a low kick, tripping a soldier hard and knocking him out cold. "This is nuts.." the man said to himself as he dashed off, leaving the massacre behind.

Shunk! Another was gutted in the chest. "Oh GOD!!" the man dropped to his knees, still stuck to the blade's cold, bloody metal. Yun pushed him off the Brutal-edge with his foot and twirled around bringing the Brutal-edges into the air. With a quick motion of his wrists, he spun both of his arms continuously. He was sure this can wipe out the rest of the troops quickly. The blades picked up speed as they swirled around him in a deadly circle. At last, they spun so fast that they were just a blur that appeared around him as he slowly marched towards the group of soldiers hampered with blindness.

All sorts of gore and decapitation ensued, nothing more can be said.

The bodies of all twenty of those soldiers collapsed, mangled and lifeless. The only one standing was Yun, covered in the blood of those he has slain. This power, this is something he never had before. While it would take a large deal of his health to initiate Dragon's roar, he did not feel weak after this entire ordeal. Still, the results were much greater.

A clamoring of footsteps came by, more soldiers leaped through the door firing lasers at Yun. "Iron will, Hyper body!" A thick iron wall appeared in mid air, descending in front of him as he felt his body grow more stronger as it disintegrated. An aura of light surrounded him as well, the personification of health and endurance granted increased stamina for him. The lasers met with his body, they singed a little but it wasn't something he has never felt before. He gritted his teeth, dragonknights aren't to be taken so lightly! "Hold the front! We need a bit more time!" He heard one say. More time? For what?

"They're almost to your destination, keep the targets inside the building if they're to be annihilated! Geraltz out!" a crackle on the radio ended the conversation. The man from before walked on outside of the vault, proceeding down to the lab's exit. Approaching several men that were going to engage in combat, he stopped them before they went up the staircase. "If you don't want to be dead men, turn around! The suppressors will be arriving shortly!" The soldiers all turned around when they heard this, all not wanting to sacrifice their lives.

"Those bastards won't even know what hit them.." he snorted out.

-low amount of dead guys for the sake of laziness and not getting banned for excessive graphical gore.

Guess where I got the idea for the Brutal-edges.
    Spoiler!

-This needz moar commentz, srsly

Jr. Necki

Thanks so much ofr updating ahvnt been on in days its nice to get reading

Chapter 8 : Trouble ahead

The fight still raged on, Omega Sector's task force continue to fire their weapons on Yun. They prove to be an more of an annoyance rather than a threat to him. "Guh!" Another soldier was stabbed in the lower torso by Yun's Brutal-edges. Unable to fire back his gun while he had the chance, the soldier looked him in the eye with the last seconds of life he had. Yun's face was reddened with splatters of blood. His eyes showed nothing but rage and blood lust. "Hrgh!" KRSHH! The blade was finally brought down in the middle, half of the soldier's body was cut between his legs. A grotesque sight, the soldier fell under his own brittle, weak legs.

Yun twirled his second Brutal-edge around, taking out most of all the soldier's heads clean out. A line of headless soldiers collapsed onto the floor with a low thud simultaneously. It came back towards his hand afterwards. "Hah.. " Yun fixated his sights on the opening of the door, no one was behind it. It seems the bloodshed has stopped. Hayden came out and walked towards him in the stinking pile of human corpses. He felt like losing his lunch. "Yun.." Yun placed the blades on his back in an X formation. They stuck on to his body, the metal on his Biostimulator attracted the blades enough to make it stay on his back.

"Hey, Yun.." Hayden nudged him a little, his head lowered to the floor. "I feel terrible, Hayden.." Yun muttered. He stood up, Hayden followed after him but he felt as if they were forgetting somethi-

Bmph.

Both of them looked behind them, in their surprise Priscilla lay unconscious on the bloody mass of soldiers. The two men ran back towards her, "Wake up! Hey!" Yun shook her forcefully, but was slapped on his head shortly after. "You're going to make her panic if you do that, just hold on. Give me a few seconds." Hayden dropped his bag onto the floor and knelt down, while doing so he noticed a burn mark on her shin. "I see.." He rummaged through his bag and took out a few things. A thin sheet of paper, and a small mechanical clamp of some sort. He also retrieved a vial of red liquid from the bag as well.

"Hold her leg up Yun, this will just take a few seconds." Yun did as he was told, he knelt down and lifted her leg up. There was a bloody scorch injury on the lower part of her leg, it must have been a wound from one of those lasers. He placed her leg gently on top of his thigh. "Ok, don't move her leg. I'll have to put a layer of this stuff first.." He took the cap off the vial and poured a drop on the paper. The entire sheet turned red afterwards.
    "This amplifies the quantity of liquid when it's wet, so I don't have to waste more Gum fruit fluids.." Yun watched on without a word. Gum fruit.. a rare berry with juices that can heal many wounds when applied correctly, a wonder that Hayden would actually have these sort of things.

"There, hold it higher up." Yun lifted it even higher, Hayden placed the paper inside the clamp's empty space and closed it on the burn injury. Kachunk! "There, we just need a few more seconds and it'll heal the flesh tissues and any infections that might have seeped into that area." The machine whirred quietly, the viewable contents inside were illuminated in a hue of red to blue.

Yun was troubled with the situation at hand. Why were Omega Sector's soldiers attacking them? He knew they didn't have much time left. 'We need a bit more time' that soldier said, what is going to happen?

Yun was pretty sure Hayden is just as confused as he was, but it wouldn't hurt asking. "Hayden, why are they trying to kill us?" Hayden shrugged. "I'm just as confused as you are." he groaned, clicking at some buttons on the little gadget of his. "Figures.." Yun mumbled, two minds think alike. "Nn.." Priscilla was starting to come to, it was then they heard a whistling sound from outside.

Phweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!.

Suddenly, several explosions shook the building in a violent motion. "Gah!" Hayden fell down on his back, the clamp machine dropped to the floor with a loud 'klunk'. Yun teetered and fell on to his side, Priscilla's body jumped up a few centimeters in the air as response to the tremors that rattled the facility. Her head hit the hard metal floor and it was most likely that she was out cold again. "What the.. damnit.." In order to prevent further head traumas, he'll have to..

Yun rolled right on top of Priscilla and wrapped his arms around her. Another set of explosions hit the building, the floor began to creak as the pieces of the ceiling began to crumble down on top of them. "We have to get out of here, we'll get crushed to death!" Hayden cried out. "Yeah, I know that.." Yun said under his breath, he placed a hand under her head so as to stop her head injuries. "Hayden, you'll have to help me get her out too!" Yun shouted out in the midst of more explosions. This time, Yun was certain something was attacking them outside. Maybe that was what that soldier meant before. THOOM! Priscilla's head once again lifted up and fell on his fingers. Yun winced in pain, this isn't exactly working out as he planned.

He brought her head up towards his chest, his other hand on the floor to maintain balance. He had to make it out of this place with her, seeing as how he told her to stay with him at all times. He wasn't going to break that promise.

CRASH!! The walls near them combusted in four seperate explosions, light shined in through the freshly made holes on the wall. "Ergh.." He held on with his free hand as he tried to stand up, while holding Priscilla close to him. He could clearly see what was attacking them. Machines.. four to be exact. Most likely from Omega Sector. They were menacingly large, but it could be that they were hovering over the ground. The red rockets gleamed in the sunlight inside the recesses of the launchers. The white exterior made them stand out in the mass of soldiers below. They fired off another volley into the lower level of the laboratory. The building trembled in response, it leaned over a little. This place was getting pretty dangerous.

Hayden crawled over and took the clamp machine, putting it back inside his bag frantically. "They're trying to demolish the building with Odin suppressors.." He peered out into the crowd. A soldier pointed up in the air towards them, the Odin suppressors began to turn towards that location. Hayden whimpered slightly. "What do you see?" Yun asked him. Hayden pushed him on to the floor and without a second's delay, took out rolled sheet of paper and threw it towards them. Yun caught it, barely. He inspected it closely, "Use it quickly!" Hayden told him. It was a return scroll, but the destination wasn't something he recognized.

"It's a return scroll to the Rowland colony's town center, it only works with people that can use Mana. Just like you two." he told them quickly as he took out a little remote controller. He pressed a button on it and instantly, the backpack he had on bursted into two large wings, a hatch can be seen on the center. Yun stared at him with wide eyes, knowing what he was trying to do. "You can't possibly be thinking about doing tha-" "Just speak out those enchantments as you normally do with return scrolls..! I'll go buy you two some time."

He took out the sleek mechanical object he found when they first came here. The wires on it began crackling with electricity. "Take this, you'll find use for it later on." He threw it towards them, it dropped to the floor with a loud clanging sound. Yun picked it up carefully in between his fingers, the electricity stopped when he touched it. "You're a good guy Yun, you and Priscilla. I have no idea what's going on, but I believe that both of you can get the leaders of Omega Sector to rethink this fight they have with the Rowland colony." Yun nodded, "Thanks Hayden.. I.. No, we won't forget you."

"If that's so, get on with it! Finish the enchantments, quick!" And with that last word, he jumped out of the hole and into the skies. Numerous amounts of astonished soldiers can be heard outside. "Right.." Yun looked on at the enchantments he had to do. "Open the passage to the land where one can see the cliffs sing ballads with the wind and the birds, take me there!" Yun let his hands off of Priscilla for a moment and ripped the scroll in half. The scroll vanished and a rip in the space time continuum appeared, a temporary dimension where users of return scrolls can walk through to reach their destination. The sounds of lasers rang in the air, they flashed in a variety of red, blue, and white colors in the sky. A few seconds later, a missle can be heard firing off from below. Yun leaped inside with Priscilla in his arms, right in the nick of time.

The entire top floor was demolished when all twelve Lovinac striker missles slammed into the side of the facility. The compacted pressure in the Lovinac striker missles were released, increasing the force of the explosion twenty times than usual. After shooting down a man that closely resembled the lead mechanic Hayden, the soldiers below cheered in unison at the sight when a massive eruption sprouted from the remains of the laboratory, destroying everything inside and anyone foolish enough to be near it.

Funking finally.
    As I reply to myself several pages back, this is now going pretty slow if you ask me. I have no idea why however.

You know... now that I look back on this, the title sounds kind of horno.
    Note to self : Never use "Everlasting" in a title ever again.

Whoa, quality AND quantity!
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Jr. Necki

Kudos

Work and effort appreciated

Chapter 9 : Confusing emotions

Voooom!

Yun and Priscilla zipped through the portal in a matter of seconds, they landed hard on the grass. "Urgh!" Yun landed on his buttocks from 3 or so feet up in the sky with his arms still wrapped around Priscilla tightly. His eyes were still closed, taking in the pain from the impact just now. "Jeez..!" he snapped silently under his breath, just why were return scrolls so unreliable? Hopefully she wasn't hurt at all from the fall just now. Looking at her slumbering face, he felt quite at ease really. Fate thought so too, it seems that they landed near a massive tree, the grass on the ground were sprung up on the ground all in their prime during the dusk.

On closer inspection, Yun realized that they were on the top of a hill. The view of the yellow sky was calming to the mind and body, birds chirped on in little musical notes. The town below was also seen as well, it was indeed a bustling area with a large mass of people wandering about. Little huts and buildings stood side by side, it was more like a village than a city to be exact. Yun shook his head in disbelief, Geraltz mentioned that they were in war with this.. this Rowland colony. A village like this can't possibly be merciless killers.. as they made them sound that way. With the previous laboratory incident, who is he supposed to trust anymore?

Priscilla mumbled some low inexplicit sounds and went back to being silent. Yun couldn't help it but smile. For what reason though? They've met each for short periods of time, twice. In other words, not for a very long time. But every time he sees her..

He turned a shade of red. "Yun, get yourself together." he slapped himself in the face, the thoughts just wouldn't leave however. To be holding on to her.. He's not doing it to protect her anymore, it's his own free will that's doing so. His head snuggled into her long blue hair, the faint scent of citrus fruits and quite possibly some kind of shampoo conditioner was pure bliss. Amazing how they lingered on through out the entire time with him.

He left himself just like that with her in his arms, the dandelion seeds blowing by on the hill with such grace that'd make any warrior settle down. "Priscilla.. I.." he laid down near the tree with his back on it and remained that way. The sun sank down, night approached extremely slow, as if time was a crippled old man making its way to a medicine cabinet. [Haha, see what I did there?]

His eyes grew heavy, and so he closed them. His body was worn out from the incident before and so he relaxed a little more. Before he knew it, Yun was fast asleep.

--

SQUAWWWWK!

"GAHH!"
    Both Yun and Priscilla jumped in shock, a large raven like creature eyed them slowly from a branch and flew off into the town. Yun fingered at his ear, "So loud.." he grimaced at the thought of it. Priscilla believed so too, her eyes were shut tight and still had her hands covering her ears. Yun snickered, she looked so adorable like that. She shook her head a few times and looked up at him. "Y-Yun.." she stuttered. She stood up from the grass and covered her eyes from the sun light. Yun realized something, they slept overnight? "This view.. it's so pretty." she murmured, gazing at the morning sky. "Where are we?.." Yun stood up as well, it really was a tad too bright. "Ugh.. I believe we're somewhere near the Rowland colony's settlement.." he wasn't so sure about this, but he said it as so anyway.

"Ah, I see.." she whimpered and knelt down, she lifted up the bottom part of the robe and to her surprise, discovered a gash on her leg. She placed hand on it and recited a few words. Green light enveloped it and the cut was sealed, good as new. "There." she sighed softly to herself. "Priscilla, you weren't hurt or anything were you?" Yun asked her. She shook her head, "No, I'm just fine! Honestly!" "Ah.. right then. You can walk then?" Priscilla blinked, "Walk? Where?" She looked around, "Where's Hayden?" Yun looked down on the dirt, "Well.. he.."

A minute or so after explaining to her Hayden's death and how they came to this area put Priscilla into tears. "Easy now.." Yun patted her on the back, she continued to bawl like no tomorrow. "It's all my fault!! I wasn't there to help at all!" she cried into her own hands, and by cry, she really cried. "Calm down! Priscilla please.." Yun attempted to get her to stop, but it was all to no avail. She continued to sputter out things relative to her not being useful at all and whatnot. Yun wasn't sure what to do, not sure what to do at all with a girl crying out all she's got.

This led him to being confused as well, several thoughts streamed into his head. "Augh.." He grew restless and impatient with the situation, he didn't want her to be unhappy at all. It hurts him to see her like this.

And so, he reacted through his own feelings. He nudged her chin up lightly and looked into those wet innocent eyes of hers. They were troubled greatly with all these fast, dangerous events lately. He wiped away her tears, making sure not to irritate her eyes. "Yun, what are you trying to do.." she whispered. It felt like her heart skipped a beat when he did it, why does she feel this way though? "Alright?" Yun told her, his eyes locked into hers with such determination that could have lasted an eternity if time allowed it. She couldn't think of anything to say, but it was silent now.

"Good." Yun smiled, "Let's head down to the town now, see what's up with Omega Sector and this war they have with them." he pulled her with him by the hand. She found herself walking along with him, "Y-yes..!"

The two head down the hill, side by side towards the town below.

Short and sappy, I know.

Chapter 10 : Go to hell

From a distance, Yun was sure that they were nearing the town. It was empty, as the morning had just begun. "I wonder, what do we do when we get there..?" Yun said in the open. Priscilla followed him from behind, trailing off in the back once in a while and quickly run back up to match his pace. He looked at the gauntlets he wore ever so prominently, how does this technology really work? The red gem on the gauntlet shone brightly in the sun light, maybe it had something to do with this crystal here? A young bowman walked past them, his green hat tumbled with each step he took. A short bandit was beside him too, both of them looked quite young to be a bowman and a rogue..

"Ah, we're here." Yun said, Priscilla walked up behind him and can see that they were indeed in the Rowland colony. It was pretty empty, a few people roamed the dirt streets browsing the local shops. The huts were in uniform, standing beside each other like a straight wall. More and more people began to arrive, they didn't look like any regular villagers though they most likely live around here. They too were warriors, some were even mages. "People here in Rowland must be really strong.." Yun told himself.

Shop keepers yelled over the counters, "Hey, hey, I've got a nice assortment of fruits for ya'll!" "Looking for a new pair of shoes?" "Hey, you with the red shirt! Want to buy your gal a nice ring as a present?" Yun stopped at this and groaned, Priscilla let out a sheepish laugh. "No.. thanks.." Yun told the person, and walked on along the path. Yun took out a Mana elixir and drank it down. The taste was quite like water, but a tad bitter. He got used to the awkward taste though.

As he continued on, people stopped and stared at him. Yun was getting nervous with all these eyes upon him, but what else could they be staring at? Priscilla walked up faster to get beside him, "Yun.. I have a real bad feeling about this.." Yun wasn't sure what to do, he didn't think there was such a reason to run. "Just keep walking, don't give them any ideas.." he told her. Inaudible voices began to arise, the towns people began to get louder. One immediately piqued his interest, "Jeez! He's coming!"

"YOU THERE.." A voice boomed from behind them. Yun turned around and his eyes locked on to the other man's ferocious eyes. The man wore a decorated shirt and a black cloth on the bottom, two large black and red blades were at his waist on each side. The same raven-like creature perched on his shoulder. It too looked vicious, its feathers didn't exactly look soft.. Priscilla clung to his arms, a feeling that he would have enjoyed if they were not in this situation. "You are not welcome here, leave now or forever hold your peace." he shouted. The bird squawked at them, as if it was telling both of them to get out.

"Hey, what's the deal? What's wrong with us?" Yun asked him, his blood boiling with each passing second. The man scoffed, his hands going for the blades, "I see you won't accept.." Shrrk! The blades slid out of the belt that was holding them. Closer inspection showed that there were ropes tied around the handles to his wrists and arms. Priscilla gasped, Yun shook her arms off and proceeded to go for his Brutal-edges. "I wasn't looking for a fight," He took both of them off his back and twirled them, "but I see you're really itching for one.." It was then that he saw that there were blood from the soldiers in Omega Sector on the Brutal-edges, maybe that's what is giving off the wrong message..

Yun rolled to the side, a blur of black and red flew towards him and missed him. Priscilla moved out of the way where the crowd stood to watch. "Murderers, all of you Omega Sector bastards will pay for what you did." he roared. Yun went back on his feet, getting a good footing. "I'm not from Omega Sector!!" Yun told him, but the man failed to listen to him as he swung the blades around him. Yun put both of his Brutal-edges up, they blocked the hits that could have taken out his throat. The blades sank into one warrior in the crowd, the man was unmoving though as he continued on with his attacks. Yun blocked the hits with the Brutal-edges. It can't be helped, he had to stop this man from endangering everyone here.

He dove towards the man, apparently the blades he used were similar to the Brutal-edges as well. That was what the ropes are for.. "Don't believe that metal piece of Omega Sector trash will do anything to me!" he snarled. Yun swiped at him with the end of a Brutal-edge, a small cut formed on the savage's leg, but was undeterred as the man kicked him straight in the stomach. "Oof!" the wind got knocked out of Yun, he was flown a few feet away from the man himself. The black and red blades came at him, they tore into his right shoulder at the same spot. "Agh!!" Yun howled in pain, his shoulder felt like they were burning! The man laughed manically, the bird from before dived towards Yun and struck his other shoulder too. "AUGH!!" He screamed as he slid across the ground from the impact. He ended up near the same mob, they were all shocked as expected, but the one thing Yun could hear made him realize the danger he was in.

"No.. stop it..!" Priscilla sobbed among the mass of people, her voice shaken and her body knelt down. Yun looked at her in horror. "Not this.." he told himself, the man approached slowly to claim his prey. What he was saying was not important to Yun, for Priscilla was crying close to him. The one image he never wanted to see, never wanted to hear, never wanted to be near at all. What was it doing here? The man has defeated him, that's why. What can he do to make her stop? Get rid of him. How?

The man stood near him, a grin came upon his face. He took Priscilla and pulled her up with one hand. He barked at Yun, "You will deserve what treatment we will give to Omega Sector's members when we finish this war." Priscilla whined in pain. "No.." Yun twitched. The man turned to her, "You, however.. a delicate flower like you will be quite pleased to learn obedience from me." She cried even more, the tears dropped down from her face onto Yun's forehead. The man lifted his leg up, ready to stomp on Yun's shoulder. "For now, I'll make sure you'll never be able to use your arms again.."

"Go to hell!!" Yun screamed and with all the strength he has in his arm, he punched the man's foot. "What the!?" he toppled over, Priscilla fell along with him and her elbow collided into the man's arm. Both of them let out a loud 'thud'. The man attempted to stand up, but was knocked into the other side as a swift punch from Yun sent him skidding across the floor. The man shook his head and took out the blades again from the waist. It vibrated, thirsting for more blood. Yun stretched out his hands, the Brutal-edges flew back into his hands from elsewhere. His shoulders were both healed, thanks to Priscilla's healing magic.

Yun swung his blade into the distance towards the man, but his blade was also shot out to counter it. CLANG! The metal of the two weapons met as the sparks flew from them, they both hung in the air for a brief moment. Shrrk! Yun's second Brutal-edge sliced off the tough rope that held the handle of the red and black blade. It fell on to the floor. The crowd gasped, surprised at this. "God damned you.." the man muttered, Yun spun around quickly, both Brutal-edges sliced the air around him and dug deep into the man's waist. With no time to waste, a Brutal-edge was taken out and went back into Yun's hand. Increased tension on his hand made the other Brutal-edge bring the man closer to Yun. "What the fu- !!"

Shnk!! Yun drove the Brutal-edge straight into the man's chest, and brought it down in the middle. "GAH!!!!" Blood erupted from the massive cut, the bones and flesh sliced with such force. "YOU CAN'T KILL ME... I'M THE DAMNED OVER SEER OF ROWLAND.. YOU'LL ALL GET KILLED BY THOSE OMEGA SECTOR BASTARDS WITHOUT ME!!!" he roared out in a thunderous voice. Yun kicked him off his Brutal-edges and brought both of them down straight into his chest once again, he tossed the man into a tree. Crash!! The tree collapsed as he smashed into it and slid on the grass in a bloody mess.

The mob stood, all was silent. Yun breathed heavily, his Biostimulator made him feel as if his heart was about to burst. He fell on the floor just like that, blacked out. The day grew dark, as if a storm was approaching.

Describing the fight was such a *****.

Jr. Necki

Thanks for updating

Well the newest title certainly caught my attention =P

Kudos for updating! You know, you're a really good writer. =)
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Chapter 11 : Another agreement

"Huh.." Yun mumbled, he couldn't see anything but darkness even with his eyes opened. "What's going on!?" he screamed, an echo rang in the distance, the voice sounded slightly different from his. He can feel himself in a standing position, so he walked on. Maybe he'll bump into something that'll get him back to normal, it's better than staying here doing nothing at least. The surface below him was not as solid as he thought it was, he had trouble walking. As if something was pushing him back. The sound of thunder crackled, then he could feel something like rain drops falling on to him.

"Ghrrk..!" he dropped to the floor. The pain in his chest, it was terrible.. It was soon that vision started to come back slowly. Blurred a bit, Yun can see that the area was littered with purple clouds, the lightning storms raged far off in the area. He couldn't hear any thunder coming from them, awkwardly enough. He felt the rain grow heavier, he looked at the floor and was terrified beyond all belief. He was knee deep in the rain, yes. However, the rain drops were red, bloody red. He felt a twitch from his left hand, "No.. way.." It was large and hideous, red claws sprouted from his finger tips and were razor sharp. -

---

Chirp chirp.
    Sweat formed around his entire body, "What was that just now.." he said to himself, "A nightmare..?" He sat up from the floor he was apparently sleeping on. It was night time, but he was pretty sure he is in a room and not just outside. Chirp chirp. The crickets bustled away noisily, who could sleep with such a racket? He face palmed himself after realizing the irony in that statement. Conk! "Ow!" he murmured to himself, he forgot that he still had the gauntlets on. In fact, everything else but the gauntlets and under garments were off him. What in the world is going on?

He decided to see where he was outside. Slowly, he took the bed covers off and stood up carefully. The room wasn't particularly big, but he wanted to make sure he doesn't trip on something. He took a few steps towards a slit of moon light that formed from the opening. He was in a hut, apparently. He found a pair of sandals and got into them, after taking a few steps however.. Crack! He stepped on something hard and glass-like. Closer inspection revealed that it was a bottle that probably held Mana elixir fluid. "I see.." he said to himself.

Yun walked on, a red light however, drew his attention towards a circular object on the floor in the room. He walked towards it, and noticed it was the Brutal-edges. The gem on the end glowed lightly, as if it was telling him to grab it. He reached out to take them, but for some odd reason however.. he was hesitant to do so. The nightmare from before, he was still getting the same chills from it. Nevertheless, he took them anyway and placed them on his back. They stuck to his back as usual.

He emerged from the hut and stared at the sky in awe. "Wow.." he sputtered out. There were a ton of stars in the sky, sparkling away in the tranquility of the night. Never in his life has he seen the stars like this, in their most prime state. The town was hushed, a few torches were lit, giving a better view of the colony. Yun smiled, this place.. it was a real unique place he must say.

A few yards away from him, Yun can see a hut with light inside. Someone was still not asleep it seems. He walked towards it, he heard voices the closer he got. Two voices, no.. three. He peered inside, "Priscilla..!" he whispered to himself. She was asleep, her elegant body rested upon a cotton mat. There were three other people inside however. One was a pretty girl with pink hair, a red pirate hat of some sort was worn along with her matching outfit. She sat on a chair with a leg on top of her other leg. Another was a man with brown hair. He donned a red headband and his glasses fit neatly on his face. His red clothes were quite dirty, the blue bow he carried was definitely something Yun had never seen before. A quiver of red arrows was slung behind his back. The final one..

"Jenna, I'm pretty if we followed that route.." "It'll provide us with plenty of cover, what's not good about it?" the girl told the boy with the glasses. The last one was different one, his entire left arm was made of metal. His yellow eyes blinked regularly, as if keeping watch of his surroundings. While the other two looked tired, it didn't seem like he felt any sort of fatigue at all. The black shirt he wore was clean, the shorts however were dirty with dirt. "No, trust Jenna. The forests there will cover us well." the other boy told them. The fire in the room began to dwindle. Noticing this, the boy's fist went inside the arm and he pointed it at the fire. Fwoosh! Flames shot out and resupplied the fire to a reasonable size.

"Ok, I guess I'll accept that. Yeah, we'll try that." the boy with glasses said, he wrote something down on a piece of paper. The girl, "Jenna", smiled, "Hee hee, glad to know that you're seeing things my way too Rath." The boy who was called Rath sighed, "It's nothing really, I can't be sure if they'll expect it though." The other boy stopped writing and looked at Priscilla's sleeping face. "That guy better not be thinking about..." Yun said under his breath. Jenna noticed the boy looking at Priscilla, "Hey, hey, Warren. Warren!!" The boy who Yun can now assume was called Warren blinked in surprise. "W-what Jenna?" he said, startled. Rath waved his hand, "Shhh, don't wake her up.."

Yun didn't know what to do, why is she in there in the first place? He doesn't trust them, including the one named Warren. The way he looked at her.. "I can't accept it..!" he spoke out.

A grip appeared behind him on his shoulder. "Hey," a gruff-like voice spoke behind him, "What do you think you're doing here?" The man had a red rag covering his eye, clad in green armor it seems. He pulled Yun away from the hut, "Let go of me!!" he snarled, but the man continued to pull him away. "Spying on people is not a good thing to do, you should just get back to bed." Yun growled in frustration, "Let GO!" he elbowed the man's stomach and took out the Brutal-edge. "Guh.. what are you doing!?" the man took out a hammer from his back and held it close to him.

The three ran out of the hut, confused with what is going on. Warren stood forward, "Terrance, stop!" The man.. "Terrance" shouted towards them, "Tell this guy to stop then!" Yun looked around him, finding himself in surrounded. ".. What am I doing here?" He looked at the hut, "What did you do to Priscilla?" Rath shook his head, "We didn't do anything to that girl, she fainted right after your fight with the Overseer.." Yun stopped himself, "The.. fight.." He remembered, he killed that guy a while back. Terrance placed the hammer back on his back. "But because you killed him, we have a problem to deal with now.." he said. "With no Overseer, we have to manage the colony and believe me, it's not an easy task.." Terrance told him.

Rath clutched his head with his right hand, "We are prone to Omega Sector's attacks, and if they find out that the Overseer has been killed.." Yun didn't want to believe this. He knew that if that damned bastard of an Overseer didn't attack him for absolutely no reason at all, the situation wouldn't have exist in the first place. "You don't say that it's my fault?" He asked them. They shook their heads, "No, though you are from Omega Sector.. You can't possibly be a bad person, and besides.." Jenna sighed, "The Overseer had changed a lot recently back then, he was more calm and collected. But he got more active and crazy, he reacted to things that weren't really necessary I gotta say.." she said.

"The reason why, I'm not so sure. But if I had to guess, it could be the bird he carried around with him, he started to change after he found that bird in the woods. It was no ordinary bird if I must say so myself." Rath shrugged. Yun thought back, the bird.. Black, and red.. just like the colors of the blades he used. Could it be a connection between those two? "Will you help us?" He said to Yun. "Huh? Help what?" he snapped back. Jenna told him, "Why, help us fight Omega Sector. You're not truly a follower of Omega Sector aren't you?" Yun nodded, he was only assisting Omega Sector because he owed them. But thinking back now, they attacked them at the laboratory.. Killing Hayden, endangering Priscilla too.. Those deceitful...

"Alright, I'll help you out. But just reminding you, I have my own way of doing things.." He turned around, back to the hut where he was sleeping before, ".. I'll get the answers from each and every one of those Omega Sector officials if I have to force them out of their damned mouths.." He barked out as he placed the blades on his back.

"He's a troubled one.. I feel bad for him." Terrance sighed. "Those blades of his.. I feel as if I have seen them before," Rath said, "If they're the same blades that I'm thinking of, we might have another problem to deal with.."

There goes my streak, prepare for another week of in-activeness.