Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Everlasting rust

Chapter 30 : No advantage

Priscilla walked down the spiral at Yun's pace as he shuffled on slowly with his head down, dead in the heart after answering her question. What could he possibly be thinking about?
    She wanted to say something, but maybe it would be a bad idea. She really wanted to know more about him...

The battle continued on in the distance, they were now nearing the surface where their allies were currently engaged in ferocious fire fights and melee skirmishes. The warriors have caught up to the surprised soldiers and took them down with their close combat mastery. The Bowmen fired off their arrows with expertise, meeting their marks while advancing towards the line of soldiers that were entrenched behind wide blocks of solid concrete. The archers used the blocks to their own advantage as well. The battering of their guns can be heard way far off in the distance, flashes of blue light were also seen shooting all over the place. The already low amount of trees were pillars of uncontrollable flames. The wind made it even worse, the Rowlanders who approached to get across were caught in the flames.

"YAGHHHHHHHH!!!" He heard those screaming with the flames engulfing them and groaned. "Um... Yun.." Priscilla poked his shoulder.
    "Everything is just a damned chore isn't it..?"
    "Wha... What?"
    He stared at the sky, the terrible sky that mocked his complicated life from above. Why couldn't he just...

Stop?

"What do you mean..?" Priscilla asked him, but was given an exasperated sigh from Yun. "What's with you? Why are you acting like this now?.." she spat angrily.
    Unable to ignore her angry tone of voice, "I feel incomplete..." he muttered, "Is this how my life will always be? I want a different life, I never wanted to kill.."
    "Don't say that, this isn't like you.."
    "..."

"Was it because I asked you something so personal?" she muttered.
    He stuttered involuntarily, "N-no.. I'm sorry, but these past few days I've been thinking far too much."

Priscilla wavered a bit, "I'll listen to what you have to say, Yun." She looked into the distant battle field and shook her head lightly, "But some other day... I promise you, it'll make you feel better. I will do anything to make you feel better..."
    "... You don't have to do that. You should be worrying about yourself, rather than me."
    He walked ahead of her, "But, I guess that will be nice to do that in the future... Just don't freak out when you hear it." He turned around, "Thanks though... Priscilla." He smiled and pulled out the Brutal-edges from his back.

" We'll find a group to accompany for now, stay close to me and don't get in front of me no matter what you do."
    She was puzzled, given the lack to respond to the previous words he spoke to her, but she followed suit anyway. Her hands clapped together, "Bless my kin and encourage preseverence.."
    Various lights shone on them from the sky above, Yun felt the effects and was overwhelmed by them. He collapsed on the floor, never has he felt so... sick. But at the same time, his body felt refreshed and incredibly light. He didn't know of a Priest who can do such a spell, perhaps she was a Bishop...? Were the magic of a Bishop this strong!?

"Uguh..!" He coughed a few times when he came to a fatal realization. His weak state was not from the magical effect, the Biostimulator was malfunctioning. He hasn't consumed any vials of Mana for a while now. His chest burned, especially close to the area where his heart used to be... His upper body was not moving, he laid painfully with his chest on the ground.

"M-MANA ELIXER..!!" he choked out to a frightened Priscilla. It was true, she was not affected any worse than he was. "IN MY BAG...!!"
    She went over to him and looked around for his backpack. When she didn't see one on his back, she took off his shirt and found it where it was under his red shirt. The gagging sounds made her hasten her search, she took off the straps of the bag and opened it up. Minimized bottles of blue fluid resided on the racks that were placed and stuck on the inside area of the bag. She took a bottle carefully between her fingernails...

Crash! "Uwah!!" The bottle enlarged suddenly between her fingers and it fell to the ground. Learning from this mistake, she took the Mana elixer by the base instead of the cork. She opened it up went beside him, placing Yun's head onto her lap. His face had a blue hue to it, she placed it onto his lips and tipped it over.

Gulp, gulp...
    The fluid re-energized the motors of his Biostimulator, the respiratory tubes were cleared of the dust build up that accumulated throughout those 50 seconds. Yun smacked the bottle away and took several breaths of air, no time savoring each and every one of them. Finally, his head lowered to a relaxed state, just noticing that his head was on her lap. He looked up into her eyes, her eyes trembled and she looked away with a blush on her face. "I'm sorry!! Too clumsy when it comes to this! You were almost dead again.."

Yun got off her lap, a red shade formed on his cheeks as well. Priscilla stood up, "Yun... Just like you, I don't want it anymore.."
    He dusted his shoulders off, but turned to her with a notion of confusion. "Don't want... what?"
    "This life I've been living is not the greatest, but I'm scared.. of dying..." She sniffled and wiped the sweat from her brow, "I'm a terrible Priestess... aren't I?" She smiled weakly to him.

"Don't even think of it. We are all human beings, mistakes are bound to happen."
    "But you just have to learn from them, a mistake that is not resolved is terrible unless the lesson is learned. Priscilla, you have more than enough potential as a Priestess because you don't use staves at all. If I were one to say, that level of skill is pretty amazing."

The words he said to her weren't really thought out, he pulled them from his thoughts to comfort her. But it worked, her face eased up and looked more satisfied with his praise. "That is one thing I like about you Yun. You say what is on your mind without lying... And to me, that shows you are a strong person." Yun rubbed his head in flattery, "Hah... thanks I guess."
    So distracting, the disruptive sounds that came from the field of battle grew louder and interrupted their conversation. He had a question in his head, a desperate one if he were to say so for himself...

"After this is all over, I want you to travel with me..."
    "Eh huh.. Where?"

He didn't have much of an idea either, but he has to figure it out some day. Time was slowly ticking away to the date of apocalypse, this uprising was only one of the tiny events that will lead up to his long search for the entrance to Nithrolm. For that, he had no business with the land where the Rowlanders and Omega Sector nation occupied. The only place worth mentioning its mythological history was Victoria Island, the mass of land constructed by the very hands of several lackeys from Nithrolm.

He honestly didn't want to pull her into this, but... "Anywhere. I like being around you." He sneezed just as he said that, coincidentally an explosion sounded off from the distance too. "That..." Her sentence hung for a second or two, "I'll have to see..."

"Oh. Well, that's great then... Yeah, sure. Take some time to think about it, I don't have a good clue about it myself either..." he mumbled, a tad disappointed. Great, now she's got him stuttering.
    He spotted something fishy at the corner of his eye. There were some movement behind a long strip of trees that lead to the mountain passage itself. He cupped his hand over Priscilla's mouth, "Shhh..." He pointed towards the trees, where they can see the rustling of the bushes.

He can feel them... His victims... Their blood that were waiting to be spilled.
    He took the Brutal-edges to position and slowly moved towards them. There were no more than 4 of them... he can just sense it.

"Yun..." Priscilla mumbled. She shook her head and readied her hands as if she were holding a bow and arrow.

Looming over the bushes quietly, he saw the four oblivious soldiers proceeding to the mountain passage just as he thought. They had what seems to be a black mask on... their suits were different from the usual Omega Sector soldier. Yes... their guns looked much different from the laser rifles commonly used by them as well. More petite, their nozzles fitted with what Rath called them "suppressors", an extension that made each shot unnoticeable to human ears.

Priscilla behind him, he stopped her and waved the blade so she won't come with him. She stopped, but shook her head. Yun was about to protest this, her hands started glimmering a faint glow of white light however. He looked at them with great curiosity, a twig snapped where the 4 soldiers where walking however. His attention redirected to them, he began to tip toe quickly to them.

"Let me get a piece of that Lorrick." one said with a gruff voice, shoving another black suited soldier with a large hand out. His goggles gleamed a deep red as Lorrick eyed the soldier and stopped munching on a piece of chocolate. "85% cacao, don't think you'd like it." The soldier's head lowered a bit , "Eurgh.. nasty." he mumbled.

A third soldier was busily looking around his surroundings, his eye closely on the scope of his gun. The fourth one was also scanning the area, her fingers were impatiently on the trigger. "I like this kind of place... It seems soothing." one soldier said. "It's sad that we have to engage the Rowland company in that place."
    The female soldier nodded, "Totally. I wanted to use the Hummer to visit the ocean again..."

"Agurk!!"
    The three of them turned around and immediately held their guns up at Yun. An arm around one of their ally's neck and a blade placed menacingly near the throat, he surveyed the three and the weapons they held. He intended to gather them for information on the Creation facility, it seemed pretty suspicious and he wanted to learn of the enemy troop emplacements and other related information. But he also wanted to find out about the secret experiments they held, the dead subjects from the Genetic Engineering engraved deep in his mind. They were truly heartless. "Drop them, those guns. Cooperate and his neck goes free." he ordered them. The three looked at each other, and suddenly one fired at Yun. "Hrngh!" His head tilted slightly, the bullet grazing his face by the surface of his cheek.

He cut the soldier he held captive right in the throat, then threw a blade at the soldier who fired at him. Lifting the gun up way in front of her, she managed to stop the Brutal-edge from taking out her head. The edge was an inch away from her face, electricity crackled from the base of the rifle. "Agh!!" She threw the gun away from her in shock, the other two held their guns up at Yun. "Don't fire!" Priscilla declared as she appeared from the side, white hot energy in the shape of a bow was formed on her hand. They glanced over, befuddled and slightly intimidated by her magic while the female soldier leaped back to the other two with her fists ready.

"... You killed Hirsch you ****ing nimrod!!" Lorrick shouted, his finger trembled on the trigger, just wanting to shoot Yun right there. "Stay easy Lorrick, we can't afford to lose another one.." the other soldier told him, his head gestured to Priscilla. With that said, the brute of a soldier dropped his gun onto the ground. "Goddamnit!!" Lorrick cursed out, throwing the rifle down into the dry grass and held his hands up high in the air. The other two followed suit. Yun retrieved the Brutal-edge he used to disable the rifle and held both of them against them. "That's good. I didn't want to kill another one of you." Yun admitted.

The large soldier sighed. "What is it that you want..?"
    "You are from Omega Sector, I'm sure of that. The Isle of Creation houses some important experiments, yet is a higly protected fortress at the same time... You see where I'm getting to, right?"

"We aren't given any information on that. But for you to know.. what experiments..." He looked at Yun's Sync-edges closely. "This isn't about me. You people are different from the regular soldiers, so I'm sure you know something about the secret developments that are going on in there... Level 4 clearance, that's high enough to grant you information on them." Yun badgered on, pointing at the man's ID card on his chest. He learned from Rath that having higher than level 3 security clearance would mean that the person is an important member of Omega Sector, since they were able to enter most rooms in each Omega Sector facility.

The female soldier growled at him, "You don't speak to our commander like that, just because you were lucky enough to catch us off guard." The other soldier, "Lorrick" looked at the commander with discontent. "Don't tell them. We'll have our ranks and security clearance terminated if you tell them.. That's just about as bad as dying."
    Yun raised his brow as the commander took his helmet off, revealing his scarred, weary face. His green tinged hair wet, full of sweat from being inside a helmet for so long. "And what will you do when you learn about it?"

"That's what I want to know, I will not hesitate in killing everyone of you right now. Tell me." Yun barked. Lorrick's knees quivered from what he said. Priscilla was too, aghast at his suddenly bashful nature. The three were silent, unsure of what to do. They're positive that he was not bluffing about him killing them, but they really didn't know that much... They were however, told to never reveal anything they knew or else...

"... Mutations." Lorrick squeaked out.
    "What?" Yun said to him. Mutations? "What are these 'mutations' you're talking about.?"

"... Please, don't make me say anymore. I beg of you." he pleaded to him.
    Yun was getting aggravated, after finally reaching upon the outer shell of information. Perhaps he should take this interrogation to the next level.

"AUGHH!! WHAT THE HELL!!?" Lorrick screamed at the Brutal-edge that sunk through his foot. The other two held back, seething with silent hatred towards Yun. The green haired commander spoke again, "Stop it, you're not going to gain anything from this.."

Lorrick winced in agony, the blood spurting out from his boot and onto the dry soil. Priscilla put on a disgusted face, but kept her aim closely at them. Yun took it out of Lorrick's foot, who immediately crouched down to grab hold of it. Yun noticed something strange however. Not because he was crying, anyone would if they suffered an injury like that. He trembled, and finally turned towards the two of his comrades. "Commander, Gina, forgive me!"

After saying that, the two opened their mouths to say something but were not heard because of his voice. "Hybrid Myrmidons, they will kill you... and you, all of you ****ing Rowland nit wits.. nngh.."
    "Lorrick, why!?" Gina, the female soldier, clasped her hands to her mouth in horror. Steam arose from Lorrick's suit, Yun looked at him and backed off slowly. "AHHHHHH!!!" Lorrick fell to his knees and grabbed hold of his head. And what appeared to be out of Yun's imagination, his knees started growing flat. Liquid of some sort was flowing out from under his mask. Could he be melting!?

Wooo . . . Wooo~!

Sirens can be heard in the far distance. Priscilla brought her hands together to close up the bow of holy magic, she walked towards Lorrick; who was now nothing more than an extremely thin black suit with a bulge at the bottom of his pants, probably his former... body in liquid form. Yun took notice of the sirens going off at the Isle of Creation, only to see two objects projecting out of the building. It was going straight towards them...

"It's no use, we were afraid this would happen..." the commander said as he faced towards Yun with a scowl, "All because you kept asking... Now you're going to cause the doom for us all.."
    Gina tapped his shoulder, "Sir..." Yun was confused, what exactly happened just now?
    "We can't leave Gina, we'll be hunted down by those beasts anyway." His head dropped, "We've failed in securing the information on Hybrid Myrmidons..."

"What are you saying!?" Priscilla cried out. Yun was still trying to grasp hold of the situation, all he wanted to do was just learn of the facility itself. He didn't expect something like this to turn out at all.
    The two started getting closer, and closer. They were huge... but what could they be?..

He felt as if he were at fault right now, which it probably was. He hated to admit it, but he has gone too far. While the two Omega Sector soldiers looked up at the sky, Yun took the two guns they held and crushed them with his hands. The two, realizing their guns having been destroyed, gasped in surprise. "Go, get out of my sight." Yun mumbled, smashing the other two guns that were used by the now-dead soldiers with his foot.

The commander looked at him, a puzzled look on his face. "You're crazy.. Dead crazy..." Gina poked him, the commander proceeded in putting on his helmet, "Even though you killed my two men, at least I know you have some heart in there." he remarked and bailed out with Gina. Priscilla approached Yun with a certain fear in the air. "Mm..."

"Be careful, I think we're going to be in a tight spot now..." he warned her. At least, he thought he did. Her eyes fluttered elegantly, as if he were viewing them in slow motion. In a split second, her irises turned from green to bright yellow. It glowed, eerily enough. In fact, her entire body emitted a slight glow of light. A massive golden gauntlet formed around her arm. She was not Priscilla, that was for sure...

"It is you again.." Yun uttered blankly to Mellena, her exuberance displayed before his very eyes. She looked at him, her pink lips curved into a smile. "Glad to see you again, up close and personal too." she said to him. "It's real boring watching all the action going on between you and her inside her mind." After saying that, her aura grew to raging gold flames.

Yun cringed, just what does 'privacy' mean to this woman anyway?
    He tapped his head lightly with a finger, he nearly forgot that Siloph did the same thing with his body as well. It was still not responding though, he almost missed its snappy comments on everything that's going on.
    "Prepare yourself now." Mellena ordered him. The black mechanical objects looked like the Metal Atlas in a way. Though, instead of being fat and extremely gigantic, these were slimmer and much more smaller though being taller than Yun himself.

He was expecting the two to smash themselves into the ground, but instead... The gears of the ships shifted about, they were freaking transforming! "What is this!?" Yun shouted out.
    Chk, chuk!!

"IRYAGHHHH!!!!!"

The two opened up and finally landed on the ground below them. Bipedal beasts, their entire body were all mechanical. Their heads looked more like a reptile, a dragon. One of those, but it was fitted with an armored helmet, one of its eye shimmered in deep red color while the other was closed. They snarled ferociously as their two long tails waved about. With every breath, they released hot red flames out of their mouth. Their backs were bent slightly as their legs bobbed up and down, their tails balancing their body. Their long, sharp singular claws moved with the motion of its body, eager to rip the flesh off Yun and Mellena.

What were these things!?

I think I'll just be doing an update each week if this keeps up. But hey, a week left of summer school. I'll just see how it goes.

Enjoy.

Edit : 20 something corrections, lol.

Grats 100 replies ftw! Nice updates >< Had flu and stuff, so couldn't read, so yeah.
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Jr. Necki

This update is really nice so I thank you.
    Keep up the work and effort mate

Chapter 31 : Gone awry

"Ryaghhh!!"
    A jet of flames shot out of their mouths, both Yun and Mellena leaped to the side before it reached them. Rows of trees were set ablaze, the foul stench of burnt wood corrupted the area. They continued their relentless attacks, both their flamethrowers barely touching them. "We have to draw them apart!" Mellena shouted to Yun. He nodded, but how? They can't even get near them without being slightly singed...

He threw a Brutal-edge at the creatures. It sliced through the flames, but was slammed down into the floor by one of their claws. They cackled deviously at his attempt.
    "Isn't there something you can do now?" he asked Mellena, but she was already in the middle of an incantation. She thrust her Golden brace towards them with the palm out. Electricity crackled, it seems to cause a strain on her as she placed a hand on her arm. Pieces of metal and debris from the ground were sucked to her palm until they were a gigantic ball of junk. "What!?" she gasped, with a certain uncomfortable tone in her voice, "They're not affected by Magnet Pull..?"

It proved to be too heavy for her, she dropped it on to the ground -causing a loud thud- and was released from her electromagnetic binds, causing it to revert back into a pile of dirt and other stuff.
    The monsters looked at them, as if it were waiting for them to do something interesting. Eager little beasts they were...

"Ah!" Mellena's Golden brace disappeared, she quickly clutched her wrist in anguish. "It hurts!! Agh!"
    Yun ran to her side, but eyed the two monsters. They dug their claws into the ground and were now in what appears to be a prone position. Their tails wagged slowly, but were curved..

He picked her up and ran behind the pile of junk that separated them from the creatures. "Nngh..!!" Mellena was literally letting out tears. It looked adorable to him from up close... now's not the time for that!
    "What happened?" he asked her. Carpal tunnel syndrome?

"I overdid it... All the electricity shifted all into my wrist.." she groaned.
    "Wouldn't holding it hurt even more?"
    She took in a quick, deep breath, "I'm sorry, Yun..."

"Rest here or in there, just stay out of sight." he told her, pointing in the direction of the trees.
    He tromped away and held out his Brutal-edge tightly in his hand. It was dangerous at the moment; he knows nothing of what these beasts can do, and he had to make sure Mellena stays unharmed. He peeped around the mountain of trash and quickly brought his head back in.

ZMPHH!!
    One of them flashed by and crashed into the open road behind him. It growled at him with hungry eyes, its claws had a little bit of red on them. He could feel something warm rolling down his cheek.
    It managed to cut his cheek from that attack!

"You'll pay for that!"
    Without thinking, he ran towards it. He was immediately knocked off his feet by the other creatures flying headbutt. It sailed straight into his legs, he practically flipped over and landed on the ground with his face down on the grass.

"Ugh!!" Yun quickly got up and avoided the beast's claw that slashed at him. He rolled out of the way just as another pair of claws swung down where he was, a heavy 'clang' was heard from it.
    Getting a good footing, he held the Brutal-edge out and jumped up. The Brutal-edge sank into its head.

"IRYAGHHHH!!"

It wouldn't stop moving, it wasn't enough apparently. He began slamming the Brutal-edge down into its head even more with his gauntlet, like a hammer and chisel. It shrieked in terror, with Yun smashing it deeper into its skull. The other one noticed it and open fired with a flamethrower at Yun. Enduring the heat, he continued hammering it in until the screaming stopped, it was dead.

With one threat gone, all he had to do was kill the other one. Its stream of fire were still concentrated on him, he can feel the heat catching up to his body. The magical properties of his suit provided light protection for his skin, but unfortunately it can't be prolonged for such a long time.

He chucked the Brutal-edge into it, this time it managed to hit its mark. Straight in the mouth.
    It gurgled in a somewhat disoriented fashion, non consecutively at most. But it recovered from that and began to release another flamethrower. Nothing came out.

Taking advantage of its confusion, he gave an uppercut to its lower jaw and grabbed the back of its head.
    Donk!! The center of his head crushed the front muzzle. He finished it off by throwing it straight back into the ground. It skidded across, but was not down yet. It roared weakily, as its muzzle was crushed in with a Brutal-edge still stuck out of its mouth. It looked absolutely ridiculous, but he shouldn't fumble now.

It was aggravated, that was certain. Shmph!!
    It zipped by and before Yun could react, sent him flying into a tree with its tail.

"Gah!!" Yun slumped down on the tree, when suddenly it appeared before him and brought a claw down on his leg. "No!!" he roared painfully. The other claw went down, but was stopped by Yun's hands. It snarled fiercely now, trying to at least bite off his face. Though unsuccessful, its drool dripped on his face; it blinded him in a way.

His heart was beating fast, he was sweating all over. "Hrnghh!!!" he grunted and tried to push the claw away with all his might. The sharp end of the claw twitched near his throat as he struggled to keep it from sinking in. His leg was starting to get numb, but it was better that he don't show any signs of that or else he would remind it of its other claw.
    It was painful. His leg stung greatly, his abs were starting to burn, and his arms ached terribly.

Someone please...

As if a god answered his prayers;

Ratatatatatatata!!
    Bullets dug themselves into the monster's shell and flesh. Blood leaked onto him, but it was better than the drool though. It released its death hold, now incredibly annoyed. Yun staggered to sit up, it was the Metal Atlas..!

The creature stumbled as the bullets raged into its body. Finally, it tipped over and lay nearly motionless on the ground. "Rarrrgh....."
    Rath was ejected out of the ship and towards the immobile monster. What the..?

"Take this, and this!! Hrngh!"
    Rath pummeled its head repeatedly, every punch as strong as the other. Its face was nothing more than a flat sheet of bloody metal. The Brutal-edge was still intact.
    That wasn't enough for Rath though. With both hands, he ripped its tail apart and threw it at its corpse. He proceeded on the arms next...

"What is your problem?" Yun asked him with suspicion. Mellena appeared from the heap of metal she created and walked towards them. "My wrist doesn't hurt anymore.." she noted.
    Yun grasped her hand and rose it above his face. He squeezed her wrist gently; she didn't make a face to it. He let go of her hand slowly, "What a relief, eh?" he mumbled after his short diagnostic examination.
    "Thanks for your concern, but I should be asking if you are fine." she inquired, noticing the wounds on his body. The face and leg in particular.

"Now that you mention it..."
    "Ah, don't move around with your leg like that!" she told him.

Quiff.
    "Stand still please!"

Priscilla placed her hand on his bloody leg and healed it up. The tingly feeling of skin and flesh converging into one spot made him sick. "Your hair changed again.." he grumbled, rubbing his eyes in disbelief.
    "Mellena is resting, besides... You were injured. She can't use the Healing magics."

Rath arrived, slightly tired from the pounding he gave. He glanced at them for wounds, "Are you alright, both of you?"
    "Never better!" Priscilla chirped, her hand at her forehead. Yun rolled up his jeans and looked at the scar that was left behind. His second scar, was it something to be proud of or looked down upon?

"You guys, I'm sure there is a second Wyrm out here. Where is it?" Rath asked. Slightly dazed, Yun pointed at the area where he last saw... Wait a second, where is it!?
    "Kryaghh..!"

"Look, up there!" Priscilla screamed, the first Wyrm Yun killed was alive, Brutal-edge still stuck on the top of its head and all. It wasn't dead, but how..!
    "Bring it down!" Rath roared, directing his Terminus Mauler towards the Wyrm. His fist shifted inside, a cannon emerged in its place. The Wyrm noticed it and quickly fled away from sight before Rath could even shoot.

"Goddamnit... Yun, you don't kill Wyrms like that." he groaned, "You have to take it apart, so that the circuits would be disconnected from its Edison III battery. That way, it can't function without solar energy and the Centris E-2 computer would be running on nothing. Even if it were alive, it'll be like a brain dead human. That's the proper way to killing it."

Yun scratched his head, only understanding he had to mutilate it so that it would be completely dead. What's a computer? Solar energy? How did he know so much?
    "Ok, I'll remember that." Yun said. "Where did you come from?"

Rath looked at the Metal Atlas. "I received information that the Wyrms were released to this location..."
    "They are a huge threat. I'm sure they have just started production of these, but they are deadly in many ways you can imagine it. Basically, they are scouts that can kill. Because now, that single Wyrm has gone back to its nest in Omega Sector. They will have all the information on us from its video feed..."

Both Yun and Priscilla were speechless. Her face glum and not comprehending with the technical stuff he was speaking of, Priscilla asked him, "They recorded us?"
    "Yes, a treat for the eyes down at their briefing room when they see it." Yun scoffed, looking up from her legs. She shuddered at the thought of scientists ogling her. Hopefully they wouldn't, she hated become a victim of voyeurism.

"Yun..!" She looked at Rath, hoping he would say that it was false.
    "Quit teasing her, you're making her embarrassed." Rath scolded him. "Fine, fine. Sorry." he apologized, still snickering from what he said.

"Anyway, we have to quicken our advance." Rath gazed up into the amber sky. "It's going to be dark soon, and who knows what will happen out here during the night.."
    The ambiance was not a pleasant one. The sounds of combat continued far in the distance, the clamoring of soldiers and warriors were even heard amongst the clutter of the bellicose harmony. He was left with only one Brutal-edge, the other being taken with the Wyrm a while back. Why couldn't he retrieve it though? He can remember he was stretching his hand out as far as he could go, yet it didn't budge...

Also, Mellena's metal traction ability "Magnet Pull", didn't work on them. Even a god could not destroy them so easily. What the hell were they?

"Come aboard, I cannot lose sight of you two again. Honorary Rowland members can't afford to be running around while the rest of our lives are at risk." Rath scolded them and guided them to the Metal Atlas itself.
    It laid on the floor, as if it were resting. Yun patted the side of it, it was completely solid metal. "This ship used to be able to fly, but it's missing a Gravity Release Lock Mechanism to do so.." Rath mentioned to them, pointing through the window shield at the imprint inside the control room. Yun recognized the shape of it, he remembered taking something similar to that. From Hayden...

Yun opened his bag and looked around inside. Notes and bottles were brushed aside without harm, until he found what he was looking for.

He took out the sleek mechanical object he found when they first came here. The wires on it began crackling with electricity. "Take this, you'll find use for it later on." He threw it towards them, it dropped to the floor with a loud clanging sound. Yun picked it up carefully in between his fingers, the electricity stopped when he touched it.

Yes, it was this. A black plate that had several serrated edges that would fit neatly into the empty space on that control panel. With this... they can fly easily to Creation and crush their enemies. They wouldn't expect the Rowlanders to arrive through the air.

But was this the correct part?

"I'll see if this we're able to use this. Maybe not, but you seem pretty confident about it." Rath muttered, scrutinizing the little gadget in his hand. He turned to the control panel and placed what they assumed to be the Gravity Release Lock Mechanism. Yun looked at it eagerly, pleased to see that it fitted inside just as he thought it would, now hoping the Metal Atlas would react to it.. Priscilla stared in wonder, not knowing how the technology in front of her worked.

"Oho. This will work after all. Where did you get it?" Rath asked him inquisitively.
    Both Yun and Priscilla's heads went down upon asking.

-

Phhhhhh... PHWWWWWW!!!
    The engines of the Metal Atlas initiated more rickety than usual, with the Gravity Release Lock Mechanism the main computer is allowed to access the second set of afterburners and the single flight modulator on the underside of the ship. "It's working, it's working!!" Priscilla cried out. Yun grabbed hold of the metal bars, never has he felt the sensation of flight. Actually, all of them didn't. For one thing, he felt sick from the ship's motion.

"Full speed ahead!" Rath said, pulling on the throttle which activated the second set of afterburners. They were blazing through the skies in their upgraded Metal Atlas.