Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Avatar change

I actually agree that the size of avatar should be changed, many times before have I been denied putting in my perfect avatar that took hours in Photoshop to only be shunned by the error messages.

wthheck????silverpossttted?!?!?!?!

I'm playing WoW full time. LOLOLOLOL

Banned

lole silver.

I'd actually like this too. Not a complete lift, but maybe a small raise would help, like 15kbs or something.

Topic read. Will take it into consideration. I can't guarantee though that we will increase the max upload size.

But I do hope that all of you would understand what it means to increase the size of the avatar:

Increase avatar size = More space being used (Not much of an issue) = Longer time to upload every avatar on the forum in a topic = More bandwidth usage to display image externally.

It might look that increasing to 12kb from 30kb doesn't seem much you, but to us it a lot. Bandwidth is one of our main issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by silverchao View Post
    wthheck????silverpossttted?!?!?!?!
    QFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud3z View Post
    Topic read. Will take it into consideration. I can't guarantee though that we will increase the max upload size.

But I do hope that all of you would understand what it means to increase the size of the avatar:

Increase avatar size = More space being used (Not much of an issue) = Longer time to upload every avatar on the forum in a topic = More bandwidth usage to display image externally.

It might look that increasing to 12kb from 30kb doesn't seem much you, but to us it a lot. Bandwidth is one of our main issues here.
    Moar ads :)

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    Moar ads :)
    Moar donate.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

How about I just click on a few ads, and we'll be ok.

Firstly, like I keep telling you, faking ad hits will actually loose money for this site. Secondly, the whole half a cent those few clicks are worth will do jack all. How about you stop being a tight ass and pay for what you want?
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Um, I didn't even know there was a donation button. Then I see it waaaaaaaay down the page on the main site (and I only go to the forums). Put a link to it on the forums? I had to scroll almost all the way to the bottom of the long front page to find it, and then it's pretty tiny.

Oh god I hope this isn't changed. My loadtimes aren't bad, but I sure as hell don't want them increased. >___>;

Plus, even if it's raised by just a little bit, that's not too bad, but if it's like taken off that's just horrible, because more and more people will push the envelope with gif avatars and such, and it's just not that great.
    Gone with the wind

Just a little helper on how to decrease image size.

Photoshop often has the flaw that the images tend to get just a bit too big in size. Paint.net however can get the image under the limit without much loss in quality.
    Make the image in Photoshop (Photoshop>Paint.net when editing IMO), take a screenshot and copy+paste it to Paint.net and then simply save it. Make sure the size is below the limit when you do, often you can keep the quality at 100% and still stay under the limit.

Most of my last avatars were made this way because Photoshop always exceeded the limit.