Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

Isn't there a Skill Reset Item in the Cash Shop? If so He is still salvagable...
    http://haimerejloh.deviantart.com
    Visit my Deviant for my Artwork.

TO DO LIST:
    [X] Get to First Job (Pirate)
    [X] Get to Second Job (Gunslinger)
    [X] Get to Third Job (Valkyrie)
    [ ] Get to Fourth Job (Corsair)
    [ ] Get Cygnus Character to Level 120 (Blaze Wizard)

Slime

I hope you don't make the same mistake when you become a sader. I hope you don't skip coma and max armor crash instead.
    SteelGfire - 193 lukless f/p Arch Mage Kradia
    SteelG - 141 1h Hero
    BMSteelG - lv 130 Bowmaster
    BishopSteelG - lv 164 lukless Bishop
    DancesWithHT - lv 99 lukless i/l Mage
    SteelGwk - lv 76 dexless White Knight
    Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Bowl XLIII Champions
    2008 AFC Champions
    2008 AFC North Divison Champions

Quote Originally Posted by godothepig View Post
    Ok, I wanna see some reactions to what I have to say, and I'd like to see some input. People in PQ's and such sometimes bash me for having a build like this, but I really love it. Ok, here is my lvl 37 Fighter build, tell me what you think.

AP
    65-Dex
    Rest into Str

SP
    5-Recovery HP
    Maxed-Gain HP per lvl
    Maxed-Iron Body(Gasp!)
    Maxed-PS
    0-SB

10-Sword mastery
    11-Rage

That is it so far. Yes it may seem odd that I have high dex and no Slash Blast, but heres my reasoning. SB does like 150% when maxed, meaning about an average of 600's at my current status. Fighter's specialize in the use of swords, which have a short range in most cases. I have 10 in Sword mastery and I probably will get it maxed once rage is done. Meaning, I will be using primarily swords. Now, say I am against a mob of block golems. If I were to have maxed SP and no IB I could Mob them right? I think not, Using a slow 2h lets them advance easily on me w/o doing enough damage to knock them back. If I used a fast 1h, the range wouldn't be enough for SB to even be worth my time. But, Instead I have IB. I use that and use PS as my primary attack, result? I can keep knocking them back until they finally get close enough to me, then be able to jump behind them w/o taking a ton of damage. IB cuts the damage I take from them into a small portion of normal. I find it easier to MOB w/o SB then with it. So whats the point of me telling you all this. I don't think it is worth the time of Fighters and Pages to get up SB. Spearmen, its great due to the immense range of spear and PA, but for a short ranged wep, its better to take 40% less damage then to drain even more HP and MP while you pitifully attempt to mob. I am lvl 37 and I constantly find myself doing better in MC then fighters at lvl 40 and above who use SB. So the point of this is to try to make people see that IB is actually worth getting up and that Fighters don't need SB to mob really well. Thoughts?
    Okay. My opinions. Your choice of not adding slashblast will eventually lead to your own demise. Iron Body should have stayed at just 3. It negates all effects of Rage and even if iron body fades off, the negation stays there.
    You should have added 19/20 mastery first. And you should have added 6/5 booster before you started adding rage.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahLoh View Post
    Isn't there a Skill Reset Item in the Cash Shop? If so He is still salvagable...
    It costs 8500 Cash/NX to simply change one 2nd job skill. But if finishes mastery and adds boosters after taking my advice, he survives on the 2nd job skills bit.
    But IMO, he has carved his road to hardship for adding NO slash blast.

Your report card is out:
    Mastery - F
    Single Hit - B
    Mobbing - Nil
    Power Up - B+
    Defense - B+
    HP - B

Overall Score - F9
    Comments:
    Revise your methods again and restart.
    Otherwise, there is a road you can try.
    The unique wannabe road. Force yourself to Sader and try creating your own guide. Perhaps it'll flourish, perhaps not.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

I always wanted to see a Sponge Page, If you don't know what I'm talking about Sponge Pages max these Skills along w/ some of the General Skills:
    Shield Mastery
    Threaten
    Power Guard
    Achilles

And they have 10k HP....

TO DO LIST:

Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahLoh View Post
    I always wanted to see a Sponge Page, If you don't know what I'm talking about Sponge Pages max these Skills along w/ some of the General Skills:
    Shield Mastery
    Threaten
    Power Guard
    Achilles

And they have 10k HP....
    Off topic. Nothing related here.
    Its not like some kinda request thread.

10K Hp? Are these people HP Warriors?

Side note to topic:
    Okay, i just wanna emphasize something.
    RESTART, OR BURN MONEY FOR NX.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

I don't think I need to restart. I do absolutely fine at my lvl, in fact I do better at MCPQ then other ppl my level and higher as I stated before. My Fighter is a tank, meaning he is in the front of the party taking all the damage and knocking back enemies so other people don't die. I havn't found a moment yet where I thought "Man I wish I had SB". I also made my file in a way where I would have to spend as much cash to keep him up. My previous files all cost me a lot of mesos and I'm terrible at money making, so I made him to not cost a lot to keep. And heres one last thing, If IB is so bad then why did the game creaters even bother to put it in the game? If everyone who wanted a great Warrior had to make sure they didn't get up IB then why are we even given that option? There obviously is some value in IB, thats why its there. Think about it.

Oh well good luck later on hope you don't go crazy.
    Off Topic:
    Sponge Pages boast the Highest Defense Possible and have the most HP making them good players to hide behind. They are somewhat weaker though since they lack the general Attack Skills. ;)

TO DO LIST:

Phantom Watch

if you are happy with your character then by all means continue. we can only make suggestions and shout "NOOBCAYKE!!"

Quote Originally Posted by godothepig View Post
    I don't think I need to restart. I do absolutely fine at my lvl, in fact I do better at MCPQ then other ppl my level and higher as I stated before. And heres one last thing, If IB is so bad then why did the game creaters even bother to put it in the game? If everyone who wanted a great Warrior had to make sure they didn't get up IB then why are we even given that option? There obviously is some value in IB, thats why its there. Think about it.

lol how much more clearly can we put it? In late 2nd job and for you into 3rd job you'll need sb to help you train. what hapens if your training at duals and get into a mob of them? and there is almost no value in IB, its in there just to be in there I guess.

Do what you wish but jus saying this is upon the highest level a bad idea and when you hit 70+ be aware of the problems you'll face.

If there is a mob of 6 monsters, the time you are taking to kill all 6 monsters with power strike you probably end up taking more hp than using slash blast.