Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by godothepig View Post
    And heres one last thing, If IB is so bad then why did the game creaters even bother to put it in the game? If everyone who wanted a great Warrior had to make sure they didn't get up IB then why are we even given that option? There obviously is some value in IB, thats why its there. Think about it.
    On the subject of why they would put in something useless, they didn't. Iron Body is meant to be maxed as a last resort, if you've maxed everything else. I have maxed Iron Body, and I use it all the time, even if its use is limited. But just because Iron Body is useful definitely does NOT mean that it's more useful than slash blast. The instances you've provided do not accurately represent the kind of training you'll be doing later on. Yes, at the moment, slash blast may be seldom used, but as time goes on, you'll need the ability to control the mob, or else be overrun, especially at third job. To summarize, the difficulties described will most likely not take effect until later, but they will be vast and numerous.
    A non ksing pure pole arm Dk if you ever saw one

Death is a deadline ~Taimake
    Homemade avatar <3

Well the chances of me actually playing this file until 3rd job are very slight. I hardly have the patience to get lvls up now. And as for the mob scenario. If there is a mob of 6 coming at me, and I use SB I wont do enough to knock them back likely(If I can do enough with Sb to knock them back then chanced are I can almost OHKO them with PS and therefore SB wouldn't be useful there) meaning they will continue advancing and will hit me back. Thus I will take damage and such. By the time I kill most of them with SB I could have killed almost just as many by Singling out ones with PS. And I could have taken less damage from that. I really don't see why I HAVE to have SB to be able to mob. I can mob just fine w/o it. If you don't believe me copy my char to one of your own and see for yourself it works fine. And Tai, how did you have enough to max IB while still getting SB and PS up? That would mean you didn't get the HP skills up...

Banned

Dude, what the hell.

Just because you are tank means nothing in MCPQ. As a warrior, you're always supposed to stay DOWN to fight the monsters in case they attack. You are a mobber.

Warriors mob because they have the best attacking ability of all classes. Not Ice/lits, because their lit is weaker. Warriors.

If you don't believe me, then i'll show you the EXP ratio of how gains faster exp with FA with both stat builds.

I really don't see why I HAVE to have SB to be able to mob. I can mob just fine w/o it.
    Dude faulty logic you can't mob without SB.
    Has anybody swarmed you with rombots or chronos cause you really can't single attack against mobs.

And btw
    SB: 130% * 6 = 780% dmg
    PS: 260% * 1 = 260% dmg

We can see who does more with decent KB.

Heh

This is kinda funny to me.... because I did that too, except with maxed SB, 6 into PS, and the rest into IB. I've since moved 4 points into PS and it helps ALOT.

I see your logic. In the earlier levels the extra damage reduction feels huge! It helped me get away without buying as many pots as I should have while mobbing furiously with SB. However, the higher level I've gotten, the less useful I find it.

Good luck with your build! Play if you enjoy it, and if not: take the time to restart instead of forcing yourself to play a character you don't like.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth it." ~Herm Albright~

Some may say I'm old fashioned, but I like to believe I'm just a different type of progressive thinker.

Lets see you try and 'mob' with single attacks.
    YOUR POWER STRIKE HITS ONE MONSTER, AND THAT AIN'T NO MOBBING.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Thx Z, I'm glad someone else understands. As far as mobbing goes, single striking everything is fine, and kupo your logic is retarded,
    SB: 130% * 6 = 780% dmg
    Its 130 to each not 780 total. It doesn't get multiplied the more ppl you hit.

Phantom Watch

Thx Z, I'm glad someone else understands. As far as mobbing goes, single striking everything is fine, and kupo your logic is retarded,

Its 130 to each not 780 total. It doesn't get multiplied the more ppl you hit.
    He knows that.
    He's just saying that if you went up against a mob of 6+ monsters, 780% total damage > 260% total damage in the same amount of time.

Well the chances of me actually playing this file until 3rd job are very slight. I hardly have the patience to get lvls up now. And as for the mob scenario. If there is a mob of 6 coming at me, and I use SB I wont do enough to knock them back likely(If I can do enough with Sb to knock them back then chanced are I can almost OHKO them with PS and therefore SB wouldn't be useful there) meaning they will continue advancing and will hit me back. Thus I will take damage and such. By the time I kill most of them with SB I could have killed almost just as many by Singling out ones with PS. And I could have taken less damage from that. I really don't see why I HAVE to have SB to be able to mob. I can mob just fine w/o it. If you don't believe me copy my char to one of your own and see for yourself it works fine. And Tai, how did you have enough to max IB while still getting SB and PS up? That would mean you didn't get the HP skills up...
    Well, let's see...

-At level 38, with your skill distribution, I would not want you in my party, you'd be more a burden than anything. Stick with wild boars, "Nexon put them in there for a reason." -Quote from you.
    -I'd love to see you fight one monster at a time in ANY MCPQ.
    -Power Strike may make the difference of knocking back a monster, but knocking ONE back won't stop the other 5 from getting to you.
    -So, you'd rather take about 60 less damage in place of something that can damage 900% over 6 monsters? You're a WARRIOR. You're SUPPOSED to take damage and still toughen up, go be a mage if you're so scare of losing hp, or pot faster. I can only think of two reasons for you to die at level 26 warrior.
    -You didn't buy enough pots and/or you pot too slowly (ie. Unagis and using them when your hp is less than 10)
    -You picked on something nuts, like Macis.

Go ahead and defend yourself with the idea that "You won't ever get there". But you're missing out.

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun

You asked for advice.
    You got advice.
    You argue with the advisors.
    Welcome to hell.
    This is level one.

BTW. He might, MIGHT not Mcpq, but still, once he gets PG he's gonna find out its useless except for rage negation.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.