Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Artwork

Default Quick Artwork

[NOT FANART]
    My own thread for artwork. But if it sinks too deep, im remaking it.

Pics:
    Spoiler!
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

It's.. different.

Definately room for improvement.
    First of all, anatomy the golden rule of drawing, anatomy, anatomy. This is the proprtions of your character compared to other parts of it. So his head isn't as big as his body or something. Big note: OMG YOUR HAND'S AS BIG AS YOUR FACE. Your characters hand is as big as his... nose.

Body positions: Your guy is so.. unnatural, looks like he broke something bad. Learn how joints work, i.e look at a mirror.

Shading: Your attempt at shading is passable but not great. When using shadow not everything is the same colour, some parts are darker then the others.

Your not a bad start though, you can draw a straight line. Keep practising because practise really does make perfect. :O
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*

Rushed work. I had a perfect piece which i scrapped about 4 days ago.
    Then i realised i could use it for DA or posting here.
    Then i couldn't find it.

I never care about the face.
    That's a problem with my art. Im still trying to improve on that point.

Hand problem - Yeah, i knew about it but i didn't want to fix it AGAIN.
    It was far worse last time, it was SWOLLEN as though bees had stung it. Then i got sick of working on it.

Shading? I was using emphasis on the dark colors.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.

So liek.

ANATOMY GO!

Also, is the diamond thing in his hair the eye?
    DAE314 SAID THIS

Yeah. Didnt have reference books. That aint hair. That's shaded. Okay gtg. LATER!
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

A Crusader's Guide.

Shading varies in length depending on character positions.
    DAE314 SAID THIS

UPDATES.
    I got three new stuff. Will upload on Deviant when free.
    Im working on a request now, too. So if you have requests, leave them here too. Ill do my best.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

A Crusader's Guide.

1st: ANATOMY. Seriously, is she anorexic?
    2nd: ANATOMY, although it's not too bad this time. Also try to remember that normal looking clothes arn't that bad! People who always make the ends of their sleeves etc jagged irk me.
    3rd. If you put your hand to your face, notice it's the same size! ANATOMY! This one is by far your best although he seems unatural.

Look at yourself in a mirror. Draw yourself. [No enlargements either :] ]

You will notice that you look nothing like your drawings. In terms of human to drawing. Also all your drawings are a bit flat and i don't see much shading. You should also note that even the face gets shaded, YES IT DOES. Shading makes the "flat" effect go away and it makes your drawings seem MUCH more realistic. On the first piece [your girl] the shadowing is much better and i don't know if you were going for the cartoon effect.
    Last note: You should make your main lines more stand - out-ish. In your third one it was hard to tell apart somethings.

EDIT: i should probably post something myself or else it would be pretty hypocritical, do you use a camera or do you scan your images?
    EDIT EDIT: i repeated a couple of phrases from above posts but that's because they still count.
    DAE314 SAID THIS

1: Nah. I find the flaw in the legs/feet. WAS A GUY. Look without the ponytail
    and face. The hair is somewhat no.2's hair.
    Maybe i should change the female symbol to SHEMALE symbol. LOL.
    2: Okay, this is a good design. BTW, I barely use normal looking clothes.
    The only time i use it is when i make casual simple designs.
    3: This is the one that was the most rushed among these three.
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

A Crusader's Guide.

I give it 3.5/10.

I dont like how the paper is crumbled, and the hand....looks pretty bad.
    No nose or mouth? definitely minus.

Can do better.