Thread: Mass Effect PC: Worth the Hassle?

Icon5 Mass Effect PC: Worth the Hassle?

So this is a two question thread...
    First to 360 owners, who of you tried Mass Effect, and what did you think?
    It seems like there have been a TON of tweaks to the game and that they actually did a great job of porting it. (as in bunches of GUI adjustments for keyboard/mouse, fixed tons of gfx glitches etc)

Secondly...SecuROM t.t
    To quote GameSpy:
    If there's a reason to be wary of installing Mass Effect on your PC, it'll be your hesitance at supporting SecuROM, the game's copy protection method. You're limited to three installations of Mass Effect, and you'll only be able to play if you have a working internet connection. So our question: if the game authenticates online during installation, why are you forced to jump through other hoops like a 20-character serial code?
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/bioware-rpg/877353p3.html
    I certainly don't mind typing in the 20 char code, or even needing a working internet connection, but 3 installs total O_O. Realistically I won't need 3 installs, but considering how often I reformat (way too often :P) and constantly uninstall apps/games that I dont use...that kinda pisses me off.

Well either way, whats all your thoughts on the matter?!
    Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos

Icon11 D:<

3 installs?!?!?!
    Depending on how much I like it, that might seriously piss me off. I don't have a very big hard drive and I'm not going to leave a 12 gig game sitting on it. Ugh. Why do they even bother? It's going to be cracked anyway, no matter what they do.

Anyway, I forgot there was a Zero Punctuation review. In between the insults he says that it's very text-heavy and he compares it a few times to KOTOR. If it's like KOTOR, I'll probably enjoy it.

I'll decide tomorrow whether I want to pick it up for the weekend.

Icon8

I've played it on the 360. Very fun. I'll never buy it though. That's probably because I'm low on money and have other things in mind. Fans of KOTOR will probably like it. As with any game, I recommend you find someone who has it and ask if you can play or see pat of the game. I know nothing of the PC version. Also, (being racist here) Asaris suck. Tali (a Quarian) is the best character, followed by Wrex (a Krogan.)

A pistol with snowblind rounds is the only weapon you will ever need and engineer is probably the best class.

Icon11

Okay I'm not too far in, but this game is made of purest win. I love fighting and the story seems pretty sweet so far. GUI is great and easy, gfx look pretty good even turned down so freaking far.
    Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos