Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forever Rogue

Default Forever Rogue

The boy double stabbed a strangely large mushroom with a blue cap. A marble filled with darkness dropped from its remains and the boy pocketed it.
    He was young, only 13 years of age, but a prodigy in his chosen profession, the bandit. He had short black hair, with lavender eyes. “I have thirty now, I guess its time to give the instructor his marbles. “He spoke to himself.
    As he approached the job instructor at the top of the construction site, the instructor called to him, “so you have gathered me 30 dark marbles,” the boy agreed, “very well, take this sheet of paper and give it to Dark Lord.” The boy took the paper, inscribed on it was, ‘Drizzt, receiver of Proof of Hero and completer of the second job advancement test.’

As Drizzt was walking back to Kerning City, he noticed that the world around him was taking on a dark shade. Then as he was nearing the town a red portal opened in front of him, and a hulking figure with red scales, bat wings, a long whip like tail, and a large ape-shaped head appeared through it.
    “I am Errtu, you are the chosen one, and you shall now die.” Out of nowhere a great sword of lighting appeared and Errtu swung at Drizzt, who got hit fully in the stomach and just as his eyes were closing he heard someone say, “Stay away from him!”

“Wake up, come on, wake up” a voice called out from the darkness.
    Drizzt slowly opened his eyes to see a female wizard wearing a Blue Bazura sitting over him. “Your waking up now, here take a drink of this,” she handed him a bottle filled with white liquid.
    “Where… where, am I?” he spoke faintly.
    “I sensed a demon here and ran to help, unluckily I was too late to help,” to Drizzt her voice was a soft stream flowing over him, comforting him.
    “Who are you?” he asked, his voice was a little stronger.
    “I am Alustriel Silverhand, “she answered. Drizzt got up suddenly worried,” I need to go to Dark Lord to give him my Proof of Hero.”
    Alustriel said “take a few of these potions and then you can go.” Drizzt took the potions and started off; ambling at first but then feeling stronger he began running.

“You failed in killing him, now I shall have to send another to do your job for you,”
    “Please, Queen of Spiders, I may not have killed him but I did place within him a spirit, that shall keep him from gaining new jobs and he shall stay a rogue forever.”
    “You did… well then it would seem that circumstances have changed, he shall have to be watched by our… informants, and he may become an ally once the spirit inside him matures.”

As Drizzt entered Dark Lord’s abode, Dark Lord called cheerfully “, how was your test, I hope you passed.”
    “Yes I did, here is my Proof of Hero,” Drizzt handed the piece of paper over to Dark Lord.
    “Good, good, now what do you want to become a bandit or an assassin?” Dark Lord asked.
    “Yes I did, here is my Proof of Hero,” Drizzt handed the piece of paper over to Dark Lord.
    “Good, good, now what do you want to become a bandit or an assassin?” Dark Lord asked.
    “A bandit,” Drizzt replied. Dark Lord directed Drizzt to a circle within the middle of the room. “Now stand there while I cast my magic over you to make you a bandit.” Dark Lord chanted a few words and waved his arms.
    Nothing happened. “This is weird, my magic isn’t working.”
    Drizzt looked worried, “Does this mean that I’m now going to be a bandit?”
    “Well I shall have to speak to Grendel about, this, he is a master of magic, go do something and wait, when we need you we will get you,” Dark Lord turned away, and muttered, “I hope this isn’t like last time.”
    Drizzt walked to his house, grabbed an apple out of the fridge and ate it as he turned on the TV.

A few hours later, after Drizzt had gone to sleep, he woke when a painful buzzing entered his ears, and he quickly sat up. “Come to Dark Lord’s home now, me and him need to speak to you,” a voice whispered into his head. Drizzt quickly dressed and ran to Dark Lord’s home.
    “He has come,” a voice announced as Drizzt was entering through Dark Lord’s door; Drizzt recognized it as the same voice from earlier.
    “I am sorry Drizzt but, Grendel has bad news for you,” Dark Lord slowly said.
    “I am sorry to say this Drizzt, but we have detected a foreign body within you, it reeks of demonic energy, and it is preventing the magic for you to attain the second job from entering your body, we also do not have a way to remove it from your body so you shall have to stay a Rogue until we find a way to remove the demon from your body.” Grendel solemnly told Drizzt.

”What do you mean! So I shall have to stay a weak rogue all my life,” Drizzt had tears running down his face.
    “No we mean that you may not be able to enter the second job now but you will be able to once we remove the demon from your body,” Grendel replied calmly. Drizzt just ran out the door crying all the way back to his home and lay there on his bed.

new story yay, i need some more characters for this so if anybody wants to submit one tell me and use this form

Name:
    Job:
    Special Skills: such as is the character special in a way, does he have some sort of power or is he really good at something
    Known or not known by the masses:

Sounds great, but you miss a lot of capital letters =) Other than that, the plot is really interesting! I hope you keep on writing soon.

Name: Seela
    Job: Fighter
    Description: A young looking girl with bright green eyes and long dark hair. She's wearing a Chief Stan Hat, Blue Oriental Top and Skirt, Blue Jangoon shoes, Dark Knuckles and she's fighting with a Zard. She's got a strong personality, meaning she knows what she wants. Her dream is to live as a Nomad.
    Special Skills: Her rage makes even stronger, but more vulnerable than usual.
    Known or not known by the masses: Not known

Read the sticky please. Some portions of your story don't have punctuation where they should have, and what Kon said.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Jr. Necki

Not bad at all :p

Name: Rao

Job: Whiteknight/paladin (protector and guide)

Description: Medium Height, brown hair and dark blue eyes. Is rather brawny

Special Skills: Rao is one of the only whiteknights/paladins to have complete control over elemental charges. He can use the:
    Fire charge
    Ice charge
    Lightning charge
    Holy charge

along with the hidden long lost charges:

Venom charge (poisons foes)

Aqueous charge (removes buffs of enemies)

Aero charge ( increased knockback rate)

Darken charge (with each attack some enemy hp is sappe dand given to user)

Earthern charge ( weapons become heavier seemlingly but the user doesn't feel the difference, the increased weight increases the impact and does 3x damage)

Rao has/will gain the ability to buff his partying memebrs with charges and is on a quest to discover a way of fusing charges.

Known or not known by the masses: He is known by some as in a clash wihtt he demons he wiped out an entire battalion by himself.

Not bad!
    Venom = NL/Shadower.
    Aqua = Water. Or maybe it's a debuff. D=
    Aero = Cool.
    Dark = Drain?
    Earth = ...Slam the ground and pwn?!
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Jr. Necki

It was one of the ideas I had thought about including n my fic but as its on hold at the moment may aswel help out a young writer.

My plot has a bit more depth about the powers to be revealed though.

Originally I was posting it and I ahd a browser error and the internet screen closed and I couldn't remember what exactly I had typed so it wa sof fym memory :confused:

You gogin to register Ben?

...Maybe. XP

Name: Yuri
    Job: Bowman
    Description: Tall, slender, blonde. Looks nice >.> Hazel eyes.
    Special Skills: Good at remembering things, as well as drawing them out later.
    Known or not known by the masses: Not known.
    Spoiler!

Jr. Necki

Woohoo Ben.

I cant wait until the author updates and also can't wait to see the characters chosen

New Chapter yay

I Don't want warriors anymore,

Chapter 2

short chapter

Out of the remains of the greatest thief
    ,shall rise
    one.
    An embodiment of power
    Tempted and tortured, he shall be
    Wielder of light and darkness, he shall be
    Fated to fight for neutrality
    He shall bring peace between all

“Who’s there?” Drizzt called into the darkness of his room.
    “I am Calan,” a snakelike voice sounded out of the darkness.
    “What do you want?”
    “I want to help you. I have heard of your … predicament.”
    “And how is it you will help?”
    “I am a thief with many powers and secrets, you, have not been able to go on to become a second jobber and from there a third jobber and so on. I can train you to have power to rival even those of the gods. All I ask is that you give me a simple thing in return.”
    “What will that thing be?”
    “Once you have completed your training with me, I shall decide.
    “Well I’d rather that I see you before I make any deals with you.”
    “Very well then.” And all of a sudden the darkness was extinguished fro the room and in the middle of the room was a tall figure all cloaked in black.
    “So where shall we train?” Drizzt asked of Calan.
    “If you agree, I shall want to see you when you reach level fifty at Someone Else’s House.” Calan explained.
    “Very well, I accept your offer.” Drizzt agreed. Without a sound, Calan, vanished.
    “Well then I guess I better begin,” Drizzt remarked.

~~~~~~~~~ Pov

Snow fell onto the ground constantly here, due to the immense cold. I had been born here, trained here, and found my birthright here. So the cold didn’t bother me at all. But a few others of my group, Victoria Islanders, kept on complaining. We were after Zakum, a legendary monster of great power, it’s said that no one has ever been able to defeat it alone. My name is Random, I am a Paladin. My other companions were Swift, Eagle, White, and Whisper. Rage was a Fighter, Eagle was a Crossbowmaster, White was a Priest, and Whisper was a Shadower. Those aren’t our real names though (mine is Rao), they are our code names, when you join my guild you get issued one based upon your special abilities, each of us in the guild are unique. Well back to the story. As we approached the Zakum Altar, the snow began to fall less. The Zakum Altar has a ball of heat surrounding it, so it still snowed above it but as the snowflakes approached the Altar it melted. Ok, so we reached the altar, and White took out a special item (I never take the time to learn the names, I leave that to the Magicians) and placed it on the Altar. Immediately we were transported to Zakum. We fought him and defeated him, but we weren’t without casualties, Rage, went and just charged at Zakum, who promptly roaster her, it was all right though, White knows how to heal everything. And then came the great moment of all, spoils. Each of us takes a turn to choose an item dropped by Zakum. White chose first, he chose a Kage. Eagle chose a Zakum Helm. Swift chose a Penaka. Whisper chose a Varkit. I chose a Ruin Hammer, it was pretty good. Eventually we were left with four items, 2 Black Mambas, a Leomite, and Colonian Axe a dagger that I didn’t know what it was called. I ended up with the weird dagger, I hate being last. Well we left Zakum and ended up back at our guild house in Orbis. It was there I noticed some weird things happening to the dagger, for one whenever a Bandit, Chief Bandit, or a Shadower tried to pick it up and use it, it would shock them, and I accidentally dropped into a fire (I get clumsy sometimes) and when I took it out there was writing on the hilt, it said:

Only Master of thieves may wield me
    But he shall only wield me when he wears the Jeter
    And then we shall be one, Master, Jeter and Khazid'hea

Hey, you're a good new writer! =)

Rather, you've improved since the last time I edited your fic.
    Spoiler!