Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet bug?

Default Pet bug?

Greetings to all,

I have a small question concerning pets. I recently revived mine since I started playing again. I bought the standard items for my pet like last time.

- Wing boots
    - Meso bag
    - Item bag

Problem now is that my pet will NOT move to items to collect them from the floor. It does however move to mesos to collect those.

It's not a matter of how far or close the items are on the floor. Even if they are right next to me. The pet does take the items (etc/eq items) when it walks over the items. Like I kill a monster and keep moving the another monster and I walk over the items, then my pet will take em, but the pet will not move from itself to the items.

Is this a bug or have they changed the way pets work? Perhaps I need an extra NX pet item or ..?

I think you're missing another item which you allows your pet to go by itself.
    Binoculars or something like that.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Hi,

First, thanks for the reply.

I forgot to add that as an item I have bought because at the moment I am at the office and I didn't have the opportunity to check my pet. but I do have the Binoculars as well.

Maybe there are other people who are having the same problem with pets as me?

Thunder God

My pet no longer moves to items either. Since the .54 patch, it hasn't worked right. It worked when I bought the items initially, but in the 2 patches since then, they stopped working properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

Ah ok I see. Any idea if this problem is known by Nexon and if they are going to fix it?

Apparently they did it to stop hackers doing something to the items or... something...

I don't have wingboots or anything but the issue is that the pet won't pick up anything if you cast a skill or pot over an item. Which is a particular buggerance for mages because we don't walk anywhere, we teleport all the time.

Damn, wingboots too? I was gonna get them when my husky needs to be revived but it seems pointless if even they aren't working...
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Lol pets are ridiculous, there are so many problems with them that arise all the time... as for your individual problem I have no idea, if it is as someone mentioned to stop hackers they need to get **** together because they can fix that before they officially release the patch to keep the paying customers.

Beginner

Default ......

my pet does not have such problems??y does urs have??

Yes, mine has been glitched for a while. Heal and Teleport both count as "buffs" for the glitch, so essentially my Wing Boots don't do anything. It won't pick up mesos as well as items, for me.

It's the fix for the item duplication hack. I don't know how many people on other servers know, but some packet edit hackers really messed up Bera's economy by duplicating White Scrolls and summoning bags, and duplicating the fourth job Scroll of Secrets and NPCing it to get max mesos in 10 minutes.

So yeah, it's great that they (sort of) fixed that, but I'm getting mad that my pet isn't working as it should after so long. And I just renewed it right after the bug happened, thinking it was going to be fixed in the next server check.
    Spoiler!

Thunder God

It's real annoying to see my tiger go after money but not move to the items. I won't be renewing my Wing Boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good