Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's gonna make a pirate?

Banned

Default Who's gonna make a pirate?

In case anyone didn't know, there's a debate about what will be released the 2nd half of this summer - pirates or NLC extensions? I personally believe it's pirates; the "sneak peek" thread is something they've never done before, surely new maps don't warrant it as much as the 5th job.

Either way, I was interested to see who's going to make a pirate and who's not! Here are some of the better videos to help you decide:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skxXzFYSmTo[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbgolCjed5c&feature=related[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYg_8VpXpfo&eurl=http://www.basilmarket.com/show/video/10833/0/Lvl151_Gunslinger_Pirate_Job.html[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8o_6shQe-M4[/youtube]

EDIT
    : Here are the skills for the pirate:
    http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1360589
    http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1226596

The 1st link is all the 1st-3rd job skills for both pirates, the 2nd link is a list of all 4th job skills so scroll down to the very bottom for pirates.

iono.

ive heard from some people that although they may seem cool cause theyre new that their damage/skills are ok/suck

naw i dont like them if i want a close range fighter ill make a bandit or warrior if i want ranger sin or ranger why waste my time with a new class that has no new ideas
    Back, and Pinker than ever... >_< Wanna doubt? Check the sexy pink beast!

1) I think Masteria is coming out just because its the 1st year anniversary next patch.

2) I might make a pirate, but I'm definetely waiting for a couple of months so that the prices aren't insanely high before I make one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    iono.

ive heard from some people that although they may seem cool cause theyre new that their damage/skills are ok/suck
    I've heard all the rumors and I realize that gunslingers may appear to be weaker, but all the rumors are based on videos from tespia where they're either wearing clean equips, using level 30 bullets at level 50+, and/or have only 1 point into all the skills.

Either way I'm making one, I don't feel like quiting maplestory but I've played a 4th job version of every other job from tespia. T-T

Quote Originally Posted by Atlatl View Post
    1) I think Masteria is coming out just because its the 1st year anniversary next patch.

2) I might make a pirate, but I'm definetely waiting for a couple of months so that the prices aren't insanely high before I make one.
    I seriously don't think the time of the year has any bearing on their patch release; if it's not pirates, why are there octopi and unique environments in the backgrounds of the banners? It even says "Big stuff coming this summer" with an octopus wearing a pirate bandanna in the background...

Quote Originally Posted by TheChibiTEM View Post
    naw i dont like them if i want a close range fighter ill make a bandit or warrior if i want ranger sin or ranger why waste my time with a new class that has no new ideas
    No new ideas? What does that even mean? They're completely different from bandits, warriors, sins, or archers. By your logic, why make a mage when you can make a sniper? They both shoot things. =_=

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    I've heard all the rumors and I realize that gunslingers may appear to be weaker, but all the rumors are based on videos from tespia where they're either wearing clean equips, using level 30 bullets at level 50+, and/or have only 1 point into all the skills.

Either way I'm making one, I don't feel like quiting maplestory but I've played a 4th job version of every other job from tespia. T-T

I seriously don't think the time of the year has any bearing on their patch release; if it's not pirates, why are there octopi and unique environments in the backgrounds of the banners? It even says "Big stuff coming this summer" with an octopus wearing a pirate bandanna in the background...

No new ideas? What does that even mean? They're completely different from bandits, warriors, sins, or archers. By your logic, why make a mage when you can make a sniper? They both shoot things. =_=
    bandits must walk up to the enemy to attack like infighter + they attack multiple times + look at that dash skill(shhh its haste just a noob version) + tripple shot/rapid shot strafe/hurricane elemental attacks from pirates ice/fire shot fire inferno/sniper ice spell + mages are a complete disconnection from this
    Back, and Pinker than ever... >_< Wanna doubt? Check the sexy pink beast!

Banned

bandits must walk up to the enemy to attack like infighter + they attack multiple times + look at that dash skill(shhh its haste just a noob version) + tripple shot/rapid shot strafe/hurricane elemental attacks from pirates ice/fire shot fire inferno/sniper ice spell + mages are a complete disconnection from this
    Warriors have to walk up to the monster, let's not play them because they're just nooby bandits. Archers attack multiple times, let's not play them because who's ever heard of multiple attacks? Triple shot! That's 3! Strafe is 4! That's just 3+1! They're the same thing. Mages freeze, and can burn as of 4th job, let's not play them anymore.

Mages are a complete disconnection? Ignoring how badly you misused disconnection, why can't we involve them? All the jobs are similar, you're just overgeneralizing.

its still different. just cause their ranged/melee isnt justifiable but there are other different skills. like setting up that octopus turret, elemental ammo (which sin's/archers dont get. and lets not forget the infamous SSJ!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    its still different. just cause their ranged/melee isnt justifiable but there are other different skills. like setting up that octopus turret, elemental ammo (which sin's/archers dont get. and lets not forget the infamous SSJ!!!!
    The infamous Super Slider Jigglies?

The transformation thing and the battleship is sooooooooooooooooo lame.