Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Who's gonna make a pirate?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Like i've said, if nexon took out guns from showatown.

Why would they adopt a class that has an entire 2nd job based on guns?
    BECAUSE They nerfed showa for the reason of gangstars with guns in USA=BAD! Nexon would be saying guns are fine. However, pirates are different. They are just....yeah
    hi

There are many guilds with the name Pirate, and that was before the idea of another job was even know. And the July patch released NLC last year so it would make sence if Nexon releases an expansion in July, thats the anniversary I'm talking about, and thats also why I say Masteria.

SEA does NOT have pirates- http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Patches

And who says that guns are bad? Policeman have guns too. The reason they nerfed Showa was probably because
    1) you're kicking the crap out of 'humans'
    2) they are in a gang
    3) GANGS EXIST. OLDEN AGE PIRATES DON'T. Therefore, common sence says you can join the 'gang' that you beat up in MS but not become the 'pirate' you played in MS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NegiWarrior View Post
    Offtopic: Your Sig GIF is so awesome.
    Thanks.

Like i've said, if nexon took out guns from showatown.

Why would they adopt a class that has an entire 2nd job based on guns?
    CMS has pirates and kiddy showa, so why can't we? You can't seriously be suggesting that we have MORE strict media guidelines than China?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlatl View Post
    There are many guilds with the name Pirate, and that was before the idea of another job was even know. And the July patch released NLC last year so it would make sence if Nexon releases an expansion in July, thats the anniversary I'm talking about, and thats also why I say Masteria.

SEA does NOT have pirates- http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Patches

And who says that guns are bad? Policeman have guns too. The reason they nerfed Showa was probably because
    1) you're kicking the crap out of 'humans'
    2) they are in a gang
    3) GANGS EXIST. OLDEN AGE PIRATES DON'T. Therefore, common sence says you can join the 'gang' that you beat up in MS but not become the 'pirate' you played in MS.
    Yes, an anniversary makes an NLC release possible, but that doesn't rule out TONS of other things. 3 different versions just planned a combined release of it, surely we must be next.

OK, I'm tired of this showa crap, seriously. You know what they took out? They took out spears, rocket launchers, and some boxes of grenades, plus a tank piling. Pirates are using 6-shot revolvers: if you truly think you can get away with killing someone with those, I'd like to see you reload and avoid getting the gun stuck.

Green Fairy

I thought I'd pop in here since I noticed that some people have said stuff about Showa Censor = No Pirates.

The reason Showa was censored was because of Human on Human violence: not because of the guns themselves. Otherwise we'd have rubber chickens instead of Pole arms and pixie sticks instead of wands since this game is really just hours and hours of killing things senselessly.

If/When they release Pirate class, it will be guns and all.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTime View Post
    I thought I'd pop in here since I noticed that some people have said stuff about Showa Censor = No Pirates.

The reason Showa was censored was because of Human on Human violence: not because of the guns themselves. Otherwise we'd have rubber chickens instead of Pole arms and pixie sticks instead of wands since this game is really just hours and hours of killing things senselessly.

makes sense.

Banned

So are you saying that if we get pirates that means we'll never get PVP as that would be humans shooting humans?

Also what if we were to get pirate class and shoot the showatown gangsters.

That would definitely be classified as humans shooting humans.

Banned

Showa town gangsters are actually raccoons in disguise. I'm completely serious, kill and you'll notice it turns back into a raccoon - humans never engage humans in maplestory.

Green Fairy

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    So are you saying that if we get pirates that means we'll never get PVP as that would be humans shooting humans?
    There's no way we'll ever get PvP even if they did allow Human on Human violence for numerous reasons (aside from it being really one sided with warriors not going to be able to attack anyone, people will die one hit. Many other reasons, but I won't list them).

I believe the only human on human violence they are worried about would be those Humans hurting us with guns, not the other way around. Because they seem to still be fine with us smacking the **** out of them with giant axes and magic claws.

Banned

There's no way we'll ever get PvP even if they did allow Human on Human violence for numerous reasons (aside from it being really one sided with warriors not going to be able to attack anyone, people will die one hit. Many other reasons, but I won't list them).

They'd adjust PVP and you would start a new PVP character with stunted stats and different algorithms for HP; it'd be similar to blizzard's battlenet system for the diablo games.