Thread: The Wrinkle Between The Dimensions

Default The Wrinkle Between The Dimensions

Chapter 1

It was just two hours before midnight, in a city called Cardiff. It was very quiet. Just in the exterior parts there came a little noise out of a house.
    I was sitting there, playing an electric guitar. In front of me, a girl was sitting on a couch, singing.

"Down beyond these city streets
    through gutters filled with black debris
    In alleys void of any light
    where nameless things live out of sight

Down through the scrapers of the sky
    past neon words glowing all night
    Echoes my name between each car
    'Are you happy where you are?'"

I stopped playing. "No, we can't do that song. It sounds too... wrong when you sing it."
    She looked at me. She had short, blond hair, which hung down to her shoulders, bright blue eyes and she was palish.
    I had known her ever since I was a little boy. We'd gone to playschool together, ten years ago, and we were best friends. We wanted to make a music band someday, since she was a nice singer and I could play the guitar. The problem was that she practiced the wrong type of singing in her lessons, so we practiced together from time to time.

"Leon, if we wanna practice singing, you do know we have to find songs we can play." she explained with a smile on her face.
    "Yeah, but you got a more girly, emotional voice, no way you could sing a post-hardcore song a man actually sings." I answered.
    I got ready to play the next song and played the first few chords. "Do you know that one?" I asked.
    "That's... Flyleaf, isn't it?"
    "Yep... let's do the chorus. One, two, three, four."

I played the song, and she sang. This time, it didn't even sound that bad.
    "Dude, I don't like these kinds of songs."
    "In that case, we'll have to come up with a song that fits you or write one ourselves."
    "Can you play Billy Talent, Cut The Curtains?"
    "Gimme a second."
    I tried out a few chords, tuned my guitar.
    "Come on." I played the intro and she started singing.

"Oh my girl
    Your so hot when you walk you melt snow
    And now that disco has finally grown old
    Lets buy back our souls
    So let's see
    Ya we've got 5 bucks between you and me
    My mental dishes are finally clean
    So cleared are we

Cut the Curtains the actors have gone home
    Cut the Curtains the actors have gone home
    The intermission's a mission on it's own
    The intermission's a mission on it's own"

"Lucy, we can't sing that. You're singing about 'your girl'. Isn't that kind of... weird?"
    "Oh, come on. I think I'll write a song myself. There's nothing that fits us really."
    "What hour is it?"
    "Ten o'clock."

"So what are we gonna do? I mean, yeah, we might as well go sleep, but I'm not tired yet."

A smile arrived on her face again. She was a very happy person, and being next to her always gave me a feeling as if I was about to laugh.
    "Just jam a little. I'll think of what we can play."

I tuned my guitar back. Billy Talent always tuned their guitar in a weird way. Then I played various songs, like Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones or Take me home by Project After Midnight.
    Then I started playing the first few chords of "Tears don't fall" by Bullet for my Valentine. She turned her head. Did she want to sing? Hell no, there was loads of screaming in that song.
    In the moment where the acoustic guitar changed into a distorted one (I pressed a little pedal next to my foot), the first scream would have to come. I didn't hear anything and played on normally until it changed into an acoustic again.

"With blood shot eyes I watch you sleeping.
    The warmth I feel beside me is slowly fading.
    Would he hear me if I called his name?
    Would he hold me, if he knew my shame?

There's always something different going wrong!
    The path I walk is in the wrong direction,
    There's always someone ****ing hanging on!
    Can anybody help me make things better?!"

Hey, that wasn't even too bad, I thought. She even changed the lyrics to fit.

"Your tears don't fall, they crash around me,
    His conscience calls the guilty to come home.
    Your tears don't fall, they crash around me,
    Her conscience calls the guilty to come home.

... Crap, I don't remember the lyric from here."

"That wasn't even too bad... crap, my hand hurts."
    "The sun's going down, wanna go watch?"
    "Sure... I want my hand to recover."

She led me to the balcony of her home and we watched the sun go down together. "Why isn't your mum at home anyway?" I asked.
    "She said she's gone to a weekend vacation organized by her working company. If I want to call her on her cellphone, it redirects me to France."
    "France? My dad's there, too. He has to work there, he said."
    She laughed. "Yeah sure, Leon, you probably think that they're on a date just because they're in the same country. Come on, it's probably just coincidence."

Suddenly there was an earthquake and, because I'd been leaning myself on the balustrade, I was almost thrown down from the second floor. I caught myself on the balustrade though.

"Uh... Lucy, would you bother helping me?"
    "Nah, I'll let you hang there." She walked up to me and reached for my hand. "Be careful, it's still shaking." she said while helping me up. I looked to the right. Lines appeared, in thin air, just as if someone drew something on a piece of paper. It drew the shapes of a door.

It opened and a... a slime came out? Hell no, that was from the game I'd played a year ago. MapleStory, or what it was called. "Back off!" I called, pulling her back in the house and closing the balcony door. It drove against the door like crazy.

"Gimme a knife from your kitchen." I said slowly.
    "You wanna kill it?!"
    "What else can we do? It's gonna break though the glass."

She ran into the kitchen and brought me their longest knife. I gulped, opened the door and jumped back. The slime dashed towards me and I slashed the knife into it. It got knocked back, but it came to attack again. I stabbed it, kicked it off and stabbed it another time, then it disappeared, leaving slimy liquid on the floor.

"What the hell was that, Leon?"
    "Those monsters were in a video game I used to play, crap, that was one of the weakest!"
    "What are we gonna do if more come?"
    "We should come to my place... I think my dad has a pistol hidden next to his bed."
    "Leon!"
    "No, I'm not kidding, he's working for the Europol, you forgot that?"

We ran down the stairs, out of the house, grabbing our bikes and sped down the street, turning left. One of the main streets of Cardiff, but it was already half past ten, and there weren't too many people driving around. All of a sudden, a skeleton dog with dirty bandages on him appeared.

"That's a Mummydog, we stand no chance against that... Catch!" I reached into my pocket and threw my keys to her. She caught them. "I'll distract it, get to my house and get my dad's pistol!"

I turned around, torturing my rear brakes, then rushed at full speed towards the Mummydog just to turn left right before it would have attacked me. It was now following me. I turned into a side street and hoped that some crazy street gang was there. I was lucky, or maybe not, as I dashed towards them, slowed down a bit for the mummydog to catch up with me. There was a street gang, and they were just about to run amok on me for getting into their district. I waited for the Mummydog to catch up, then jumped backwards, off my bike, and the Mummydog crashed into the gang. I ran out of the side street, feeling guilty for leading the dog into the gang. What if they'd die?

I turned back into the street where me and Lucy got separated. A snail was in the way and I kicked it dead. It dropped a sword.
    I grabbed it to kill the other snail that was standing in my way and ran into the next street. Three streets left, then I'd be at home.

New fic already?

The transition was sudden, but overall, nice start =P
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Chapter 2

I turned into a little playground. It was empty, and it would make a good shortcut. I could already see my house. I started to run towards it, suddenly lines appeared again, to a door. I took a step back. It slowly opened and revealed a person, apparently female, with long white hair, a little wing white wing grown out of her temple, another one, a huge one, grown out of her shoulder on the other side. She was wearing a white long skirt, no shoes, a black top... and she had a sword in her hand. Her eyes were glowing red with scary, pitch black pupils. Looking at her curdled my blood. She was not a human.
    But there was no monster like that in MapleStory! It took a step towards me, scanning every part of my body with her eyes. She seemed to be interested in me.

"Tell me your name." she said.
    "L-Leon. My name's... Leon."

"Interesting. Brown hair, tall, not muscular, yet still wielding a sword. Have you saved any friends from those monsters here?"

"Yes. I have saved a girl."

She suddenly walked up towards me, grabbed my throat and pushed me against a tree. It sucked all air out of my throat. "W-What?!" I squeezed the words out of my mouth.
    "Where's Mia?"
    "Who the... hell is... Mia?!"
    "The girl you saved."
    I slashed my sword towards her hand, but she stopped my arm by grabbing it, then she threw me to the floor. I put my hands on my throat, breathing heavily.
    "I haven't saved any Mia..."

We both looked to the left to see a young girl, looking similar to her, also with red eyes, but only carrying the wing on her shoulder, running from a slime.

"That's what you almost killed me for?"
    "The Prognosticon said you'd save her... and I have to find her. Excuse me."

She turned around and walked towards the girl, slashing through the slime.
    She grabbed the girl's throat and tried to strangle her.

"The Prognosticon, whatever it is, was right, whoever you are!" I called, aiming a kick at her head. She got thrown to the floor and stood up right away, dropping the little girl. "You dare challenging me? Come on, hurt me. You wouldn't even be able to hurt me, neither to kill me, not physically nor mentally!"

"But I can." A voice said from behind her. Lucy was pointing my dad's gun at her head. "Whatever... I know when I lose. Next time, no one sneaks up to me from behind."

"You, there." I said towards Mia. "What did she want from you?"
    "I lost my memories... I did something forbidden... they came from another dimension, they're going to come to GET ME!"
    "Calm down." Lucy said. "Did you cause those monsters to come here?"
    "No... but I came to get you two. The Prognosticon..."
    "Shut up about the Prognosticon or explain what the hell it is!"
    "It's a prophecy written in a book, in an ancient language... I woke up in a city called Tweenia, remembering nothing, and a person told me that there are two books about that Prognosticon. That soon someone will seek to destroy all the dimensions, and that someone must collect the Pure Gems to stop that, and those two would give their life for someone they didn't know... you just almost did that! I must get you to Tweenia!"

"Sounds like something from a bad anime. Do you know why the monsters came?"

"Those people came to this dimension, and they must have pulled those monsters from another dimension to this one."

"Lucy, give that gun to me." I said.
    She threw it to me and I took the magazine out. Empty. "That does it. Lucy, I'm going to that Tweenia-thing, whatever it is. We're defenseless here, we could get killed by a monster with ease. The only thing we can do is to flee."

"Then lemme do one thing before we go." she answered and took her cellphone out, calling for France. Nobody took the phone and she only reached the answering machine. "Mom, if you hear this, crazy monsters are attacking Cardiff, I don't know if you're okay. I'm disappearing, Mom. Don't worry, I'm okay. Please tell Mr. Moreno about it, bye, Mom, I love you."

She closed the cellphone and put it in her pocket.
    "Good idea..." I said, then turned my head to Mia. She looked like a miniature of the other person who had attacked her. "How are we going to get to Tweenia?"

She raised her hand and wind started to blow her hair up into the air. Lines appeared and drew a huge gate in front of us. Mia entered and we followed her as the door disappeared behind us.

Jr. Necki

NIcenezz

Oh great I sound like my friend Chris lol

Thanks Kon :o

It's official. Internet's shut down tomorrow. D: No more updates till the weekend

Oh dammit. =(
    Spoiler!

Getting a new internet connection at the 30th of July, this is at my dad's place now. I'm really sorry, but I've been under writer's block, and there can't be any update till the 30th of July, I guess.

Bump for a budding great fiction.
    Spoiler!

Sorry everyone, after that long span of internetlessicity, I lost my motivation for this fanfic... but something you might expect from me will come today or tomorrow ;D