Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Galaxia

OOOOO double post >.<

Keep going!

Always looking for guildmates.

Fave series: Artemis Fowl, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Harry Potter, Leven Thumps, and er.... Hunting for others. Please recommend series. NOTE SERIES!!!!!

Goals!!!!
    30[x] 35[x] 40[x] 50[] 60[] 70[] 80+[]
    solo pap[] solo mm[x] solo zmm[] solo king slime[x] 1st mill[] max out buddies guild[x] get nx[]

Spoiler!

Isn't it okay to double post chapters? Kira does it all the time... >.<

This I like!!!
    Hidden Street has the best fanfics :D

Then you obviously haven't been looking in the DotA forums =P

HS ranks third. DotA first, FF.net second. xP
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

DotA forums? Is that a Warcraft site? :confused:

FF.net has better fanfics (and lot more, too) of course :D But I was actually comparing other MS sites :D

Sorry for the off-topic reply!! :(

No problems with me there! :D

Chapter 3

As it was, the remnants of the fleet consisted of only four Hercules destroyers and six Prometheus battleships. All the other ships had been lost in combat. To Christine's surprise, one of the destroyers was captained by her friend. Looking out from her captain's post, she saw two of the Hercules destroyers docking onto the Agamemnon, but only her friend alighted; looked like the rest of the people decided to have a rest. Shrugging, Christine decided to take a once-over tour of the ship while it ran on AI; in hyperspace, no enemy could attack them except for those who entered together, and to enter together, permission had to be given from the captain of the mothership. Climbing down the bridge, she walked along the corridors till she reached her room. Attached to the wall at the head of her bed was a small plan of all the recreation facilities; one of them, shaded blue, was marked "swimming pool". Thinking for a moment, she smiled slightly and searched among her luggage; at the bottom, exactly as she expected, was a white one-piece swimsuit. Removing it, she considered her priorities. Possibly, an enemy would attack between now and the jump to hyperspace - could she risk it? Choosing to place her trust in her crew, she looked around for people that might be hiding, and undressed. As she was attempting to put on her swimsuit, the entire ship shook, sending shudders into her body; a bottle fell off the table and floated for a moment, before landing with a loud 'clang' against the metal of the ground. The swimsuit landed on the ground near the door.

Walking over, she picked it up and was going to dress when the door flew open. Ben stood there, and said, "Captain, the ship's entered hyperspace safely..." trailing off, he gave a dumbfounded stare at her body; the both of them just froze, staring at each other. "AAAAHHHH!!!" Christine shrieked and slammed the door shut manually, only to have it swing open again on automatic mode. This time, the embarrassed subcaptain was standing with his back to the door. "Erm...... please, just get...... dr... dressed first," he stammered. The captain scowled and closed the door with a voice command to the keypad. When she had finished changing and exited the room, the subcaptain was gone.

The recreation facilities were situated in the heart of the Agamemnon, with the powerful main photon reactors between them and the secondary nuclear reactor in the rear, which was located inside the ship's stern. The primary reactors were connected directly to the Dark Matter Cannons, allowing the powerful weapons to be overcharged to a maximum of 250% power. However, after firing a salvo of that intensity, the barrels would overheat and the weapon would shut down, although the blast radius would be the size of the ship itself. The limit also depended on the surrounding temperature, meaning that the cannon could not be overcharged in hot conditions.

The recreation facilities themselves consisted of a large gym and an equally large swimming pool. The close proximity to the reactor meant that they had more power to use, so the artificial gravity there was always on except when under special circumstances. Another special thing was the high-speed elevator linking the bridge to the facilities. The architects reasoned that the bridge crew could get overexhausted sometimes, and they would need to have a quick way to get to the facilities and back in case of an emergency. Christine stared at the bridge's windshield as she stepped into the bridge in her swimsuit. The windshields were automatically polarized to disallow exterior vision during hyperspace jumps. It was too easy to get sick just looking out at the kaleidoscopic colours of hyperspace, it even happened to experienced captains before.

The countdown to arrival at Faraday was displayed on the main holographic screen, blinking in big blue letters. Exactly one more hour. The captain floated up as the bridge's artificial gravity disengaged to free up more power for the jump drives, then the timer jumped forward by ten minutes. The rest of the bridge crew were nowhere to be seen, but the elevator's keypad beside her was indicating the descent of the cage inside. She smiled and swung her body over to face the door, then pressed the keypad once to summon the cage, then waited. Merely seconds later, she was floating in and landing on the floor, the elevator had its own artificial gravity. As she descended, she pondered what would happen once they reached the pirate-infested system. Perhaps the pirates had managed to steal some kind of anti-radiation gun, which they could use to detoxify the Earth's atmosphere. However, even if they could...... all surface life on the planet would have been extinguished, and they would need to find a new planet to settle on.

The ring of the elevator's arrival shook the captain from her thoughts and got her walking out of the cage into a rectangular room with two doors and reinforced glass windows on the opposite walls. The bridge mid-room, as most of the crew dubbed it, was the main access hub to both the gym and the pool from the bridge, sitting in between them. The crew's mid-room shared the wall opposite from her, and was significantly larger. Showers and other facilities were in other rooms connected to the mid-rooms through a steel door. Looking out through the window overlooking the pool, she saw quite a number of people inside the main pool, but the smaller one that was emitting steam had all the bridge crew in it and no one else.

It wasn't a surprise to the young captain that half the people in the crew turned their heads to look at her as she walked past the main pool, heading towards the spa. In her slightly undersized swimsuit, she looked nothing like the neat, rule-abiding captain she was when in uniform. Her long, sleek auburn hair swept behind her as she stopped at the spa. "Captain!" Alexia saluted. "No need to salute, we're off duty," the captain smiled and stepped into the spa's empty seat. The air blowers built into it immediately started up to provide a massage effect. "Now this, is luxury," she sighed.

"You never told us your age, captain," Ann smiled. "18," Christine answered curtly, relaxing in the spa seat. The others immediately jerked up and stared at her, completely surprised. They had expected her to be older than that, she carried herself well enough to project an image of adulthood on her exterior. "What?" she stared back. "You know, I'm really surprised you got to captain the Eternia at 18...... me and Ivan here are 21, Alexia's 22, while Ben's the oldest, 24," gasped the communications officer. Ben was trying to avert the captain's eyes, and only the both of them knew why.

"So what happened when you were young? We never got to talk about it either," Ivan asked. She only looked down and shook her head. "I don't really remember...... But I have the feeling I don't want to either. All I remember are my days in the Space Tactical Combat Academy," she sighed, looking around. "Well, we won't pry if you don't want to tell," Alexia started drawing circles on the water's surface, apparently bored. The ship shook as the prow plowed through a small hyperspace distortion, but the shock dampeners automatically activated so that the crew inside wouldn't feel the jerk.

As the tip of the prow emerged from hyperspace in Faraday, the ship shook and the AI informed the crew onboard about arrival. However, the very second the SAWACS dish appeared, the AI cut off mid-sentence and sounded the ship's alarms, automatically activating the shields.

"Well, I'll be damned! At this time!" Conrad practically jumped out of the spa and pulled us out. The ship shook again as the bridge crew dashed off towards their mid-room in a hurry. All crew were returning to their stations, but it would take a little time. As the high-speed elevator shot up with everyone inside, the ship rocked with the force of an explosion. "Pirates!" Ann gasped when the door opened and they took their respective seats still in their swimsuits. The windshield depolarized to let the occupants see out.

It was utter chaos outside. The Prometheus battleships were firing their twin buster cannons at several small red ships grouped together. The shell's explosion significantly damaged those that weren't smart enough to break off, but those that did were picked off by the smaller guns. About 30 pirate ships were in the area, not counting the big one almost the size of a Hercules. That one was shaped like a bar of gold, with several broadside guns poking out of it. "We're getting that one," Conrad pointed at it.

The Agamemnon swung into action, thrusters blaring blue at full power at Ivan's command as all weapons slid out of their recesses. "Hard to port! Bring the main guns to bear! We'll finish it in one shot!" the captain ordered. Making a left turn, the dreadnought pointed its guns at the pirate vessel, which saw it a few seconds too late. "Fire Dark Matter Cannons at 180% power!" she shouted. Conrad pushed up a lever with the main gun's name printed on it on his firing console. "Captain, FCS isn't fully started up yet, you'll have to fire manually," he pointed out. "Affirmative," the captain nodded.

A targeting system rose up from the captain's console, using the oval frame of one of the monitors as a reticle and a handheld gun as a trigger. The ship's windshield switched to manual targeting mode, displaying selected target info and other things you'd find on a targeting screen. Christine grabbed the gun and moved it to aim at the pirate ship, which had by now, started to flee in panic. The reticle on the targeting screen moved to point at where Christine was aiming, and the barrels adjusted accordingly. The main gun's barrel started glowing red hot as the ball of dark matter formed inside. "Locked-on," the computer reported. "You're dead," the captain whispered, pulling the trigger.

The barrels expelled a big ball of glowing dark matter at the pirate ship via a series of interlinked electromagnets inside it. The ball was almost twice the size of the pirate ship, big and powerful enough to cause it to completely disintegrate on contact. The explosion's shockwaves rippled across the empty space, flinging the smaller ships away, some into the range of the other ships' guns. Needless to say, there were more explosions from the smaller ships, whose smaller guns could not penetrate the shields of the Earth ships. Everyone on the bridge gave a sigh of relief and then a whoop of joy. At least, all except for the captain. Moodily looking out at the carnage before her, she wondered whether she should be doing this. Destroying lives. Be it human or not, everyone had a right to live - she'd had to learn that the hard way when she accidentally killed a creature on a practice mission. It was its fragility and susceptibility to attacks and death that shocked her; ever since then, she'd avoided actually killing or even hurting anything with her own pair of hands unless absolutely necessary.

Is that the whole chapter? Looks like a summary of it :D

No chapter on the forums is this short. Yes, even my first one wasn't.

I think this is going to be a looooooooooooong day for me -_____- What's with homework and all those.
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

Bump? >.< I updated......