Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo hack, sign petition pls

Default Halo hack, sign petition pls

WELL, This deserved its own topic.. you know how I am a avid halo player.. well back in 2005 there was a program released called Haloloop that would crash the server if you typed in the IP adders of the server into that program.

now, its back.. haloloop2.exe All kinds of ***gots have it now.. normal amount of servers on regular halo pc is 1000+ (not halo ce) there are now 55 servers this morning. the hack was publically released LASTNIGHT, yes only lastnight. After microsoft/bungie/gearbox did the patch on 1.07 to stop the hack in 2005 they dropped support for the game, the only way getting them to come back is a HUGE petition which is what we are trying.. so i fear that if we cant stop this halo pc regular and halo ce are pretty much done for.. a server cant be up for more than 20 minutes without be attacked. HPT official hardcore matches, stopped dead with the hack, fun games with your friends on CE, over.

PLEASE sign this petition and put ina good word for halo 1 pc, atleast for me its the only game i play seriously, or pretty much the only one I play at all. =(
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/h...tch/index.html (when it gets to the donation part just exit out, your petition signing went thru)

for now, as I wait and hope FEEL my pain, I cant play thru one whole match without the server going down.

Done. dddddddddd

woot I feel somewhat better, some people are already facing jail time because people like gameservers.com, this hack interrupts thier business as the hack makes the CPU usage 100% and it crashes all servers on their one server computer, not just halo servers. and this guy is talking to bungie so I hope to see progress.

Quote Originally Posted by From GEARBOX forums View Post
    wouldn't suggest doing this at all. Nuclearfallout has already began taking action by prosecuting the "children" who are as they put "interrupting our business" with lawsuits of $1000s and Legal Fees. The vulnerability makes the cpu 100% causing all other games hosted to crash. Which causes massive cash loss to them.

Freewebs has already disclosed the owners of a site that details how to do this, and two people are now facing jail time.

Furthermore, it has been released that the file also contains a very expertly embedded key logger and leecher. If you have this he probably now has all your information.

When this file is used it doesn't mask anything about you. It was not made to. It sends malformed packets that come from your connection that link you to the server that they are using to trace the people who are responsible for the attacks.

You guys are dumb****s for downloading and opening the file. Anyone with brains can see why this was made without knowing all of this previously.

By the way, I have began talking to bungie this morning about resolving this issue. I will post further details if this succeeds.

Lmao. They got pwnt.

Banned

I signed, and lmao.

Gaming subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Gaming subforum.
    Not as many people read the gaming subforum as they do this. Hell, I know I would've never seen this thread if it was there.
    Minimalist signatures ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyPker View Post
    Not as many people read the gaming subforum as they do this. Hell, I know I would've never seen this thread if it was there.

yup exactly why i posted here, i don't care if you hate the game at least sign the petition and help show that people have interest in halo 1, the more the better.

Also it does fit better here beacause technically we're not discussing the game but politics(?) about a game.

i dont play halo much, but i hate programs like that... makes it so unfair for legit players. so i signed it to help put a stop to this ASAP

Enjoy the fight! Have fun! Death and pain are the costs of the fun!
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by RookTM View Post
    Also it does fit better here beacause technically we're not discussing the game but politics(?) about a game.
    Seconded. I think Gaming subforum should be for talking about new games, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownOne View Post
    i dont play halo much, but i hate programs like that... makes it so unfair for legit players. so i signed it to help put a stop to this ASAP
    Agreed, that's why I signed. I've never even played halo.
    Minimalist signatures ftw!