Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo hack, sign petition pls

Whereas for the most part I don't believe in sequels at all in the FPS genre, hell I barely believe in the genre as any form of gaming, I doubt they'd bother. This is one more reason to force people to go buy Halo2/3 and not have to support older versions.
    Gone with the wind

It's not wether the game sucks or it's old or whatever, and whoever did this original file only did it not to ruin the game, but screw the dumb kids who downloaded the file in the first place, over. I applaud him/her.

Also apparently bungie company does care about halo 1 http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.a...tRepeater1-p=1 (btw)

And this is how many players play halo a month (both pc + ce)

Quote Originally Posted by sawnose(moderator) from Bungie.net View Post
    Here's an interesting stat: There have been 96152 unique Halo PC users in online multiplayer in the past 30 days! (That's the number of unique, legit "yellow sticker" CD keys seen online). This game certainly lives on.

pyrofyr, I don't see how you can be so bitter about halo. I used to love the campaign it was a pretty good campaign but now I cant really stand playing it. I enjoy halo 1 multilayer for its simplicity and for the cummunity that does play it, you can say those factors keep me there the most instead of the fact its a halo game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    Whereas for the most part I don't believe in sequels at all in the FPS genre, hell I barely believe in the genre as any form of gaming, I doubt they'd bother. This is one more reason to force people to go buy Halo2/3 and not have to support older versions.
    Hi, I'm the one that started the petition. I don't know how you can say that FPS isn't considerable as a genre, when last years best games were mostly in this category? And apparently people DO care because an unofficial patch was released. I don't understand why it was too much to ask to stop being a troll and sign the petition but hey, not my decision.

P.S- Much love to rook.

FPS are remakes of the same game over and over again except with slight differences, Also so you know it doesn't matter whether people care or not, even if they fix this, who's to say they didn't release it in the first place. Wasting money keeping servers up is annoying when you don't get any income for these one time pay games, and it's not profitable in the long run without newer people playing. Now since I haven't seen Halo 1 on shelves anywhere new, I'd say they stopped selling a while back, so they are making no more profit, so what's the point?

They may go ahead and update it, but whatever that's their stupidity in a business sense. And thinking from a business sense this whole thing was perfectly set up to get people to move on. Of course they'd SAY they care BTW, if they didn't it would dehumanize the company which they've attempted to highlight so much.

Also, I liked the campaign sure, that's fun, that's where games can be totally different including storyline, monsters etc.
    However when it comes to multiplayer online and crap it's just a bunch of people in an environment shooting at each other, remake after remake. It's almost as recycled a genre as tetris games.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    FPS are remakes of the same game over and over again except with slight differences, Also so you know it doesn't matter whether people care or not, even if they fix this, who's to say they didn't release it in the first place. Wasting money keeping servers up is annoying when you don't get any income for these one time pay games, and it's not profitable in the long run without newer people playing. Now since I haven't seen Halo 1 on shelves anywhere new, I'd say they stopped selling a while back, so they are making no more profit, so what's the point?

They may go ahead and update it, but whatever that's their stupidity in a business sense. And thinking from a business sense this whole thing was perfectly set up to get people to move on. Of course they'd SAY they care BTW, if they didn't it would dehumanize the company which they've attempted to highlight so much.

Also, I liked the campaign sure, that's fun, that's where games can be totally different including storyline, monsters etc.
    However when it comes to multiplayer online and crap it's just a bunch of people in an environment shooting at each other, remake after remake. It's almost as recycled a genre as tetris games.
    I can believe you when you say that FPS is mainly remakes which is why I play a original and solid 3d fPS that came out a while back, there is something about the gameplay in halo one that has kept me playing for all these years, from noob to decent player.

Also bungie doesn't pay for servers, individual people rent servers from hosting sites and admin them themselves and bungie apparently cares enough about the userbase for one of the bungie staff to spend time on coding the fix that was made. You are right again that not many new players come in but old ones come and go and you will occasionally get the new player.

Not all fps's are the same...You get a new concept every so often. And I don't think you understand that Bungie isn't like a lot of other companies, they care about their customers. If it was up to them, all the maps they made for Halo 3 would be free. Probably the only reason that Bungie doesn't support Halo 1 any more is because Microsoft owned the game and they broke away. Also, this isn't just any other FPS. Halo:CE was the first game that actually made a big impact on FPS's for the PC. It's the game every other futuristic shooter is based off of pretty much. And about updating the game, it actually isn't that stupid if they update a really old game. Shows they care about their customers, which in turn makes gamers want to buy Bungie's products because of how nice they are. My friend was really mad at Bungie for how bad Halo 3 turned out and just this update changed his mind about them.

Yeah, because Half Life 2 is sooooooo Halo!

Mushmom

Signed, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by dropz View Post
    My friend was really mad at Bungie for how bad Halo 3 turned out and just this update changed his mind about them.
    ...Woah, what the ****? How did halo 3 turn out BAD? There was no more button glitches which pretty much destroyed halo 2, they actually have a pretty good melee system where you can't just fly at people 3209482984 feet away, and there's no host advantages now.

Edit: Rofl at the halo having a big impact on FPS PC's. Doom anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by LT gamer View Post
    Signed, but...

...Woah, what the ****? How did halo 3 turn out BAD? There was no more button glitches which pretty much destroyed halo 2, they actually have a pretty good melee system where you can't just fly at people 3209482984 feet away, and there's no host advantages now.

Edit: Rofl at the halo having a big impact on FPS PC's. Doom anyone?
    Meh..I guess that was more of a personal opinion lol. I didn't like how the multiplayer turned from actual maps into terrain cut into pieces. And I felt let down after I beat the game...I just wished they would've sealed it off a little more securely instead of having us wonder what happened to him. Although I will give bungie the credit for making it harder to hack in it and like you said, fixed those button glitches. And I agree with your Doom statement lol, it also impacted fps on pc's.