Thread: Beginner Question

Mushmom

Default Beginner Question

1.do stats matter for the Perm. Beginner

My stats are now 13,11,11,10 but i may start over if this is not the right stats for permanents.

2.where do the beginners get the armors and other stuff?

I never thought of using a non job character,but i am kinda considering it now
    Current Levels:

Phantom Watch

Icon13

your character is screwed up and you must start over. permanent begginers will never use int or luk. treat their dex and str like you would a warrior.

Mushmom

ok..ill use this as the mule then and start a new character
    Current Levels:

No no no no no no.
    Do NOT treat your DEX like a Warrior. For permas you need an accuracy calculator because you only put enough dex for enough accuracy to hit 100% on something you're training on. Rest into STR
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Phantom Watch

Icon13

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    No no no no no no.
    Do NOT treat your DEX like a Warrior. For permas you need an accuracy calculator because you only put enough dex for enough accuracy to hit 100% on something you're training on. Rest into STR
    nanop I don't know what kind of warriors you've made, but what you just said is exactally what a warrior is supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleFan29 View Post
    1.do stats matter for the Perm. Beginner

My stats are now 13,11,11,10 but i may start over if this is not the right stats for permanents.

2.where do the beginners get the armors and other stuff?

I never thought of using a non job character,but i am kinda considering it now

(1. Beginners doesn't need INT, because they have no skills that requires int. Nor do they need LUK, because LUK is only there to increase the damage ranges on Claws and Daggers. Beginners normally use Polearm, Spear, Sword or Maces.
    (2. Beginners use Strength and Dexterity. Consider them a weak warrior, without the Mastery that gives additional accuracy. So the accuracy will always be 5-10 less than the dexterity, unless you purchase accuracy armor. Example; If you have 50 dex, your accuracy would be 44-45.
    (3. Beginners use common armor, such as the lv 11 top and 16 bottom found at Lith Harbor. And/or the Sauna/bathrobe that you can use at levels 30/20. Sauna Robe = lv 30, Bathrobe = lv 20. Bathrobe is obtainable at Showa town for 3.000 mesos I think. The Sauna you get from a level 30 quest not available for Beginners, so you have to buy it for around 500k-1mil. The Sauna gives a bit more defense, but the bathrobe is more suitable a beginner in the long run, because of the speed. As for weapons, you use common weapons (common = can be used by all classes). There is a nice shop for Beginners at Showa town, other than that, FM and Gachapon is probably your best shot.

So I suggest +2 dex and +3 str, unless you're funded and can afford buying accuracy armor. None the less, raising dex any higher than 60 is unnecessary.

Hope this helps a little :]
    Guess who's back!
    4kuHe1 - PA Spearman | virginity - Noblesse

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

I don't suppose an islander requires accuracy do they?
    you would just pump pure STR right?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

That's what a lot of islanders do, but there's actually a lot of builds you can do. Pure Str is the most common, obviously for the big numbers, and because you don't need accuracy to hit things. Some people do an off-island style hybrid to have more stable damage. And some people put all their points into dex, so they can increase their minimum damage, and always 1-hit KO every monster. A few people put points into luk for the avoidability, so they won't get hit by monsters. And some people put points into int and luk so they can use the metal wand. There's even been talk of pure MP islanders that only use 3 Snails on monsters. So there's actually a whole lot of builds you could do.
    Spoiler!

Marche: It doesn't make sense. Why would bandits steal a thesis?
    Montblanc: Maybe they're nerdy bandits, kupo?