Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMO fansite network - Interest/Recruiting

Default MMO fansite network - Interest/Recruiting

--If interested please join the IRC channel on darkmyst #MFNTemp
    Or go here:
    http://pyrofyr.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2
    This is the basic idea of it so far, it will incorporate multiple 'seperate' forums that all use the same user-base so that people don't have to swap between games and stuff. In order for spam to be cut down as it's obvious that you can just swap between them and acquire posts related to that, there will be a "Quality" post system, wherein you are rated for your posts (not like that thankyou crap but every +1 rate counts as "Quality" post, which shows above your normal posts. Users are limited to the amount of rates they can give a day as well. and a post can only be quality rated once. (Need feedback on this idea)

There will also be a Wiki (probably for each, but I'm not sure if I'm going to come up with a way to just integrate them all into one wiki and have it subbed up 'project' wise or something.

The main page itself will be a simple portal with a link to the 'forum' where basic stuff like "Introductions" and stuff are. Links to the individual games portal (which in turn has news related to the game and links to the forum, wiki, etc)

I'm unsure of what else I'll be adding in, probably things like "Guide Highlights" and the such though.

tl;dr?
    To recap, here is the basic layout
    + Main Page/Portal-- Links to each game's portal, main forum, and has basic news
    -- Basic Forum -- Intro, Spam Area, etc
    ++ Ghost Online (EXAMPLE) - Basic news, link to forum, wiki, and whatever else
    - Forum
    - Wiki
    - Perhaps a few pages with basic information about monsters and all of that, this can either be found by us or gradually found by people on the forums and posted up.

That's the idea so far.
    =====

I'm planning on seeing if I can get a bunch of people from another fansite and from here to help me work on something. I plan on making a fansite that collaborates all MMO fansites, each MMO would have it's own subdomain as well as it's own forum, wiki, and guides. In order to do this Ineed people who know of many different MMOs, and also people who try out new MMOs, so that we can get it working.

As far as payment for the domain goes I have that covered, as I can get a domain for a year and after that if it works fine after a few months we can figure something else out like ads.

I want to get a basic thing going with most of it, and see if I can link to established websites for games that have been around for a bit.

I have a few ideas and plan on using vBulletin or phpBB/IPB, unsure yet though (I have vBulletin and many MANY addons though...).

--
    Anyhow, if you have any experience in either Web Design or you play new games (or old ones with smaller fanbases) I could use the help, if you're interested leave a note here and I'll figure out a way for us to contact each other altogether.

-some other info in this thread: http://hidden-street.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31665
    If red, not an HS member that posts, or talked to me outside of this to join.
    Current Members:
    Teleclast
    Lore
    Darren
    doomkreator
    Brigade
    ~UnknownBandit~
    Ronny
    PhoenixRider
    Knlvez
    --
    EDIT: If anyone has any ideas to add, let me know, I'll be considering the basic layouts soon and then trying to collect basic fansite kits.

--
    irc.darkmyst.org #MFNTemp
    Gone with the wind

you already know that im in for giving info on Ghost Online, and any other MMO that i can get my hands on

My Blag

P.S. i cant spell

Ill help with mabinogi and corum and everything else i play

Interesting idea but I get the feeling that you will see a ton of trolling
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.

I would like to help out. I could test any game you want me to play, (I'm looking for a new one anyway.) My computer isn't the best in the world but it gets the job done.

I'll look through a list of newer MMOs and MMOs without fansites so we can start with that and post a list here after class.
    Gone with the wind

k, it my comp will let me play it ill try it out and provide info that is needed

My Blag

P.S. i cant spell

what about mabinogi it came out in feb and i dont think theres many fansites..

well i cant help you there, that game dosent work with my intel chipset =(

My Blag

P.S. i cant spell

It would be interesting to do something other than ravage the HS forums ;s Well, you should know better than most that I've played a billion MMOs and am always up for something new. Gotten to 70 on WoW, past 70 on MS not including Private Servers, a plethora of other games [which is why I have such a hard time finding something new now]. As for experience, I'm sorry to say I've only had one year of web mastery classes [and another year of various comp. classes] but at least it's something. If you could apply me to your grand scheme, I'm here to work with.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME