Page 13 of 574 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: LaTale online. Interested?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightDarkness View Post
    k forget it, reviewing nostale instead >_>
    You're impatient.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    You're impatient.
    Here's the thing Phoenix, the game is very obsolete compared to Maple Story.

The beginning, with all the intro with the story is a very nice addition to the bells and whistle of the game, especially with customizing your looks (yay, no more hair, eye and skin coupons!). But here's the main problem: Do you expect players to really talk to the NPCs to figure out how to play the game? It's a chore.

More importantly, going to town, I did not know what to do after that. Leveling up, where were the stats you had to raise? And one big issue that I had that just ticked me off, and I don't know about you guys, was running while trying to grab & climb a rope.

In all honesty, with the new patches, Maple Story did a way better job with helping newbies and new characters in the beginning of the game.

But then again, this is just the Beta.

Although MapleStory did have a little cleaner way of telling beginners what to do in Beta... they fixed it up in the newer versions and even Trickster got easier to understand in the beginning after a while.

Well, might as well wait and see what they do after Beta...
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by azn4anime View Post
    But then again, this is just the Beta.

Although MapleStory did have a little cleaner way of telling beginners what to do in Beta... they fixed it up in the newer versions and even Trickster got easier to understand in the beginning after a while.

Well, might as well wait and see what they do after Beta...
    I'll agree with the beta issue. But to be honest, when i played the Chinese Latale, it still looked similar. No help tutorial, just the same "Rangers" NPC talk manual.

Made a warrior named Dinsdale. Add if you want
    Spoiler!

What's with everyone and warriors? GRASdKASF X

Knuckle Knight and hating every minute of it. I'll add you.

Again, my IGN is Credito.
    a manaaah who does not existaaaah

It would be cool if the TS could make a list of names and classes of people who started playing. . . as well as their forum name. I'll get on that.

Edit:

Fae - Warrior - ~UnknownBandit~
    Credito - Knight - Strata
    Dinsdale - Warrior - sleepyxdude
    Chello - Warrior - PhoenixRider
    Nanop33 - Explorer - Nanop44

Please repost your name and class and I'll edit it ;s
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

I'm a Knight right now, Bandit, not a Warrior :<

Alright here's a quick review for those who are on the fence/haven't played it.

---

La Tale is fun. Just how fun depends on the person playing it, but I'll say this: it is more fun, more polished, more deep than Maplestory-- by a few times.

After logging in, you're prompted to pick a server, and after that, a channel, much the same as maplestory. Then comes the character select screen. You're allowed up to three characters per server, again, just like maplestory.

This is where it diverges from maplestory. In La Tale, you do not get the option to input your stats manually; your character levels up and follows a predetermined stat path for their class. Wether or not that's a good thing depends on one's opinion, I personally mourn the loss of diversity, but am not about to say it's a big deal. It isn't. Like I mentioned before, each class gains different stat bonuses every level-up. The four classes are Warrior, Knight, Magician, and Explorer.

The class that I picked was Knight, La Tale's tank class, and I went the Knuckle route, punching, kicking and kamehameha-ing (no, seriously). This is another difference La Tale has; each class gets a base skillset and a choice of different weapon skillsets, so while I was a Knuckle Knight, with the high stamina Knights get, along with their party buffs, defence buffs, and avoid buffs and whatnot, I differed in that I chose Knuckles, the combo-ist's weapon. I also had the choice between one-handed swords and one-handed maces along with shields.

Once you've done all of that, the first thing you notice once you log in is that you're on fire. Do not be alarmed. Do not stop, drop and roll. Those flames represent a buff you get for logging in each day. You recieve 30 minutes of increased exp rate. Now. I'm not sure if this is for the Open Beta, or just a normal thing for La Tale, but there it is.

Also, depending on which class you chose when creating a character, you'll notice you have an item in your inventory. Knights and Warriors receive (recieve? gah, brain fart) a knuckle to get them started, and Mages and Explorers get a dagger.

I'll describe the battle system next, and give my review on it. La Tale is not turn-based. It is completely real-time. Again, wether that's good or bad depends on your preference, but I like it. This game is flashy and the classes are more or less balanced, unlike in maple (I'm looking at you, sin). Knuckles, for me, were at first a disappointment. No screenshots because I'm not a Knuckle Knight anymore, but I'll say this: I like Knuckles.

So after awhile of punching and energy-blasting at mobs I decide I want a damage boost, so I pay 100k to have my stats reset and I grab a cutlass and a plastic shield and get stabbin'

Spoiler!

Yes. I am very green. get over it. Here are some bad-timed pictures of my attacks:

Spoiler!

And here are some of my skills:

This one's called Break:

Spoiler!

This one's called Bamboo Cutter:

Spoiler!

This one, the upgrade to Break, is named Weapon Break:

Spoiler!

And this horrible picture is of a skill calle Dragon's Tail:

Spoiler!

For that last one imagine a a wide horizontal slash that begins (and strikes) behind you.

Alright, here's the thing. When I said that the classes were balanced, I did not mean that they were equal. Obviously the Warriors hit the hardest, and the Knights have the most HP and defence, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one will lose against the other in PvP (yes, there's PvP), or that one will level faster than the other. You'd be happy (and surprised) to know that shields are not useless in this game, and they do allow me to level in places that Knuckles alone did not-- thereby eliminating any advantage in speed or damage that Knuckles have over my sword now; I level at the same speed or faster because I can train on stronger monsters. I take about half as much damage with the shield on than I do without, and since the potions do not insta-heal (it's gradual, like the Regenerate spell in Final Fantasy, but much faster) the damage taken when fighting more than one monster is dangerous.

Quests. They're fun. Trading. It's a bit stupid, because you can't sperate items that stack. Dropping items. Does not exist because dragging the items out of the window destroys it. Chatting. Pretty much the same as in Maple. Buddies. Same as in Maple; buddy lists show your friend's level.

The game. Play it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that you have to FIND skillbooks for emotes, which is gay.
    a manaaah who does not existaaaah

Damn man! Level 27 already?!

Well, I agree. La Tale certainly interests me more than MS did at first.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

Banned

wow strata, that was... indepth...