Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Bow Mastery?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow Mastery?

Default Bow Mastery?

I'm a lvl 34 Hunter, and I was adding points to Mastery and I'm wondering what it does exactly.

I don't notice a difference in firing speed, I know accuracy gets bumped up a point for every AP you put in, and my dmg has gone up but I accredit that to the 4 points I put in dex. every lvl.

However, I did notice my arrow color has changed.
    I use DS an it used to be blue. Now, I have 12 in Mastery
    and the color is ... purple? What? It changed color?

Also, someone told me that mastery raises minimum dmg,
    is that true?

mastery increses accuracy and makes dmg more stable meaning higher chance to do ur max dmg, it also slightly increase dmg range

Banned

It basically raises your minimum damage, making it more "stable".

As for that arrow thing, no idea.

The whole point of mastery is that it does raise your minimum damage (and makes it so when you fire shots it looks cooler too). Having a higher minimum damage makes your attack more stable, and you'll do more damage on average too.

Next time you raise mastery try looking at your damage range to see the minimum damage get higher.

For example

0 points in mastery your damage range would
    100-1000 ( your min damage starts off at 10%)
    1 point in mastery (15%)
    150-1000
    19 points in mastery (60%)
    600-1000

You may notice that even when you max mastery in your second job, that your minimum damage isn't exactly 60% of your max, but that's normal. I think my damage range was around 1450-2700 or so.

Mastery makes your damage more consistent by raising your minimum damage each point you put into it.

As for the change in firing speed, that is acquired through adding points into Booster, which makes your attacks faster for a period of time.
    http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/YuppittTales/Siggy.jpg

Banned

Mastery does not increase firing speed, but it does increase accuracy (as listed) and your minimum damage. The percentage damage is the bottom half of your damage range in your stats window (press S).

For a specific explanation, see piwhgem's post. Mastery shouldn't change the color of your arrows; it may be a new effect, could you post pictures?

its like the same of the assassin skill, preety much also raises min dmg.

Banned

Assassin's mastery increases the amount of stars you can recharge to, though.

Mastery shouldn't change the color of your arrows, however whenever you shoot there's a little burst at the tip of your bow/xbow. Without mastery its a kinda bluish glow, with a bit of mastery its orange/reddish, with max its a little spiky.

It's similar to how mastery changes the color warrior's attacks when using a specific weapon. Normal people using sword have a blue trail when they slash, warriors with sword mastery have orangish trail with spikes when they slash.

o.o

I never noticed that. o.o

So.. my Bandit's orange shackwave is credited from the 19 mastery?

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun