Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Partially about 4chan... partially a rant about the boyfriend who changed-drastically

Quote Originally Posted by NegiWarrior View Post
    *looks at title of thread*
    only partially about 4chan. the title makes the thread having been made mainly about her boyfriend becoming a jerk.
    this was me when making this post:

Icon11

Here, Newsweek has a guide to 4chan trolling for you.
    Another troll explained the lulz as a quasi-thermodynamic exchange between the sensitive and the cruel: “You look for someone who is full of it, a real blowhard. Then you exploit their insecurities to get an insane amount of drama, laughs and lulz. Rules would be simple: 1. Do whatever it takes to get lulz. 2. Make sure the lulz is widely distributed. This will allow for more lulz to be made. 3. The game is never over until all the lulz have been had.”

...Thanks Uly...
    I read the first page-ish, then I gtg sleep. But yeah, /b/ is full of irresponsible bastards.

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun

things that stood out to me:
    So far, despite all this discord, the Internet’s system of civil machines has proved more resilient than anyone imagined. As early as 1994, the head of the Internet Society warned that spam “will destroy the network.” The news media continually present the online world as a Wild West infested with villainous hackers, spammers and pedophiles. And yet the Internet is doing very well for a frontier town on the brink of anarchy. Its traffic is expected to quadruple by 2012. To say that trolls pose a threat to the Internet at this point is like saying that crows pose a threat to farming.

That the Internet is now capacious enough to host an entire subculture of users who enjoy undermining its founding values is yet another symptom of its phenomenal success. It may not be a bad thing that the least-mature users have built remote ghettos of anonymity where the malice is usually intramural. But how do we deal with cases like An Hero, epilepsy hacks and the possibility of real harm being inflicted on strangers?
    The posts on Robot9000 one morning were indeed far more substantive than /b/. With the cyborg moderation system silencing the trolls, 4chan had begun to display signs of linearity, coherence, a sense of collective enterprise. It was, in other words, robust. The anonymous hordes swapped lists of albums and novels; some had pretty good taste. Somebody tried to start a chess game: “I’ll start, e2 to e4,” which quickly devolved into rif***e with moves like “Return to Sender,” “From Here to Infinity,” “Death to America” and a predictably indecent checkmate maneuver.
    I wouldn't say that the internet nor /b/ itself is bad. but the people on those boards who decide to abuse being anonymous. if anonimty (spelling) was taken away then everyone would stop literally tearing apart random peoples lives for no reason. they're just spineless.

I also find it funny how a lot of those hackers in the interview are claiming they are doing it to better society and purge the world of idiot bloggers, etc...

Default Wow

I have hated 4Chan for a long time, My friend was almost exactly the same, he was kind he played average games, he played maple. But the truth was actually, he played those games to disguise his true likes. He had stumbled upon 4Chan one day when he was playing some nickelodeon games and decided to search for something else he was EIGHT YEARS OLD. Then recently he went crazy and me and my other friends began to get into fights with him and evetually he was to disturbed to be in contact with, our only fear now is school shootig or bomning becuase he has made many death threats recently. Thanks for sharing this tough story, I bet it was hard to do, but I feel real close to you now cuz we share such a similar event in our lives, I only hope you stay safe and your Ex-boyfriend can get help and return to normal, unlike my old friend who I believe is beyond repair.

Thanks again
    ~Richie

4chan is down o-x

Story time :

I was introduced to the 'computer' when I was 3. Back then, I only played those fun little educational games like "Reader Rabbit" and such. When I turned around 6, my brother got me msn, isn't wasn't very fun though, I didn't exacly have people to talk to. Then when I got into the 2nd grade, I was introduced to the 'Internet'. It had a pretty grand time. Went to all those game websites and played all those mini flash games.

Then when I turned 9, my friend introduced me to Ragnarok Online, his older brother downloaded it on the computer for me and my bro and so our life of Online gaming began. This is where everything went pretty downhill. I turned into a major noob. "Ey, heel me!" "zeny plx!" etc. Eventually I got bored of Ro and went back to playing on those flash websites until my friend introduced me to MS when I was around 10.

Again I was a noob, blah blah. And then when I decided to play Ro again, I saw something new, a "forum". And that's where I was exposed to different people and I was free to speak about whatever I wanted, no one knew who I was. But little did I know, all these people were 4chan slaves. They talked about /b/ and posted all there meme's. I was so clueless. D: And then, one member decided to link us to 4chan. I didn't know what it was, I thought it was another forum or game. I went on the site, just the homepage. There was nothing special. Then I saw something that said I had to be 18 to visit the site. So I refused.

And if you read that whole thing you pretty much lost the game. :L But anyways the point is, I was introduced to *chan at such a young age, imagine what would of happened if I said I was 18 and began to lurk through the imageboards? What would of happened to me?
    As long as there are clouds in the sky I'll wait for the white snow to come back. ;)

Spoiler!

You are the best~~

Great read.